Friday 21 August 2015

A Little Taste Of America

This time last year, me and Amy were in America. I know a year is quite a long time but I can remember everything quite vividly as it was an amazing two week experience. Today, I have felt a lot closer to the memories, with all the different little things happening. For a start, the weather has been lovely, pretty hot but humid - which I know is no where near what we had in Florida but it was an admirable attempt by England.

I know it seems like a strange thing to bring you close to a memory, but what really did it for me was a visit to Costco. Yes, Costco. Myself and Amy aren't members but two good friends are and you can take in a guest with each card. The Costco itself was the one at Lakeside so we actually started off with a little wonder around IKEA so that part of the day was pretty Swedish.. But after that, over to Costco.



I have always found it strange how similarities can trigger different things in your brain to being back memories. When you think about it really, the light your eyes receive make chemical reactions to bring back past experiences - when you think about how it actually happens it is pretty crazy. Just pulling into the carpark, with the larger than usual spaces with extra room for loading reminded me of supermarket carparks in America. The ridiculous size of the shop itself was what really got me, and the great prices as well. Of course, it was a whole seller so you can expect the prices to be cheaper but it really took me back to walking around Super Target. It has the majority of things you can imagine, from a large electronics department to huge ranges of clothes to freshly butchered meat.. It was pretty crazy.

The food they served in their restaurant type thingy was also just like my memories. The tables of four, with the attached red chairs bolted to the floor. The once again ridiculous prices and large portion sizes - we got a slice of pizza for £1.65 which the size of my head. That was just one slice, we bought one to take away as well - a whole pizza - and it was only £7.95. Easily an 18" monster and tastes amazing. If they just set up a little place like that - I would go there all the time. Just a hint. The best part is that the Costco we apparently went to was only a small one. I cannot even imagine how big a bigger one would be.. This was pretty much a warehouse as it is. Overall, pretty nostalgic today. I keep seeming to use the word nostalgic lately..

That'll be all for now. Going to do some more research for making an adventure, blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment