Monday 8 December 2014

Anaconda Don't Want None

Admittedly, I have just quoted a well known song. And the reference which I am actually talking about kind of contradicts this statement as well.. But we will get to that later.

I completely forgot to put my belt on today. That was a thing that happened. It was quite clearly something that you also needed to know because it made your day?

So, some people might have already seen or heard about what I have referenced with the title.. Other than Nicki Minaj.. A man who decided he wanted to be eaten alive by a snake. This mans name is Paul Rosolie and for whatever reason thought this would be a good idea because he wanted to see what it would be like? Some wishy washy reason like that? The overall goal of the program was to highlight the destruction of the rain forest.. And I can get behind that but this really doesn't make any sense to me. It's like trying to save something by doing something ridiculous and unrelated. Turns out he never got eaten by the snake because it was about to break his arm - I'll let him off. A lot of people got angry because they said it was hyped up so much and then he basically failed, I managed to find it on YouTube and it was pretty darn scary. Here's the Sky article about this:
http://news.sky.com/story/1388219/eaten-alive-star-admits-show-misleading

I am more interested in the preparation behind it because if you are aware of it, he is wearing this carbon fibre suit to protect himself from the constriction and digestive acids on the snakes innards. It was a pretty clever piece of engineer including an 'escape rope' - Pokemon style - to get him out. This also contained 3 hours worth of oxygen so that he could take his time getting eaten. It did seem to withstand the pressure of the snake but it looks like they never fully tested it otherwise his arm would never have been in any danger. It literally took loads of rather burly men to pull the snake off of him when he decided enough was enough. I just honestly don't see how this was a good idea. A lot of people petitioned against having it aired saying it was animal cruelty. Give the snake its 15 minutes for Pete's sake.

Was totally wearing odd socks today as well. Wah.

Day 525
Some of you who looked at yesterdays last picture of the lights around the window may or may not have seen this little thing hiding in the bottom right corner. It is a sprinkle of Christmas - see what I did there?


This is a decoration from Asda on that dark night where the Domino's horror occurred.. And I have absolutely no idea as to what involvement pink sparkly doughnuts have to do with Christmas. Honestly, it makes us think of The Simpsons which has had many a Christmas episode. A link possibly. It also glistens like fairly lights - another link. And.. Sugar? None the less, I quite like it for some reason and was previously where the Santa in the window was on the hook but got very hot in the weekend sun.. Protected form the cold by double glazing and stuff.

Now, I have mentioned Lords of the Fallen before on here and how I was quite interested in playing it.. That hype has now fallen off for me but I have started watching another play through and it is odd.. Because the first I watched and this new one both chose the same fighting style and armour and stuff..  But as this other guy has more experience in streaming, I am finding it a lot more entertaining as he does extra stuff with the video to make it more enjoyable. I just find it strange how getting a different perspective on pretty much the same gameplay can make something far more enjoyable. Funny how that works.

Totally beat Amy's score on Let It Go on Just Dance. Come at me bro.

On time today, wehey. Blog. You. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment