Wednesday 10 December 2014

Whats In The News Eh?

First things first. Still waiting for a refund for the pizza. I think I shall have to give them a call tomorrow to.. See whats going on. I say this because I checked my online banking and saw they took the payment out today - supposed to be going in the opposite direction I am afraid!

So - I thought I would have a look around some news sites today. Every time I go on Facebook on my phone now I am seeing some interesting articles shared so I thought I would further share them with you. Because, if you are like me, the news on the whole is not exactly an interesting thing. I don't mind the odd story if I think it is interesting. So, have some snippets of the day.

The first which people were actually talking about is this "weather bomb" that is due to hit the country causing some crazy conditions!
http://news.sky.com/story/1389020/weather-bomb-batters-northern-britain
Luckily us down south will be find as it hit up north. They recorded 52 foot waves which is pretty darn scary if you ask me. I can just about manage the sea at the best of times! The highest wind speed was reported at 144mph which has caused power outages and damage to housing and vehicles. It sounds so surreal but nature kicks but. Simple as.

When on Sky news, I always like to jump in and have a look at the strange news page because there is bound to be something there that will make me smile. For example, this one..
http://news.sky.com/story/1389179/youtube-spider-dog-tops-2014-trending-list
So anyone who spends a lot of time on the internet will most likely have seen this video, the top trending one of 2014. Basically, someone chucked a dog into a spider suit and let it run around scaring people. Marvellous, because it was all caught on camera. It was fun as well as they went all out and set up large spiders webs and stuff where they were filming to add to the drama. It is one of them strange situations where your mind will tell you that it can't be real - but what your seeing basically over rides all sensible thinking. Funny how the ol' mind works.

Another page I also like to check out is the science and environment page on the BBC news website. Here is the top article listed from there today..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-30414519
It is about the probe which landed on the comet, it has lead scientists to believe that a comet would not have been the source of Earth's water. Now, this is interesting because it therefore leaves it open for water being generated on the Earth during creation. It also leaves open the possibility for asteroids being the source.. Both of which are crazy to think about because it leaves the universe wide open for having other planets like ours, in the Goldilocks zone with water. We are pretty clear evidence that water sustains life so if it is available else where, why can't there be life elsewhere? I am a believer in something being out there, partially because the idea of use being alone in this vast expanse is a bit scary. And how can't there be? Theres a LOT of stuff out there we may never ever see!

And this one is more of a heads up for pet owners..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1341137/Hundreds-dogs-cats-die-rock-salt-scattered-gritters-big-freeze.html
Turns out the deicer and salt grit spread on roads is very harmful to your animals. Well. That is quite obvious but it has made the news due to the accidental deaths of many pets. I don't really know if there is a way around this because animals eat stuff and we can't really stop them. Just FYI though.

I'm all news'd out. Picture time!

Day 527
So, I have already shared a picture of our lights around the window. This little thing caused us some issues already!


So, it is common with these lights to have a fuse bulb in case you didn't know. It is marked like this with a white tip to differentiate it from the other bulbs and if they stop working - generally you just replace this one and it is all fine. We've only have them up for a week or so and I have already had to replace this one! The lights keep flickering on and off for periods of time as well.. If this continues I think I will have to try and get a replacement because.. It kills the Christmas spirit. No one wants to do that now do they?

I have played some Worms today, tried the Worms Ops missions and they are dang hard. One of the achievements is to beat them all in under 8 minutes cumulative time.. I don't think that is going to happen any time soon. Maybe when I am pro?

Hope you've enjoyed this, blog you later as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment