Monday 29 December 2014

Another Weekend

Alas, as always, another weekend has come to pass and the work is ahead. I do have New Years day off though so it is not all bad. And as I am up for work in the morning, I shall head straight into the pictures and also coming off the back of another triple post, may will probably be a bit shorter.

Day 543
See really, I have been a bit of a plum and forgot to take any pictures and now I am in bed with the lights off so I guess Google will have to be my friend today. This day, technically speaking would have been boxing day. Right now, it seems odd to be that I can only faintly remember that day despite it only being a couple of days ago.. Honestly I think I spent most of the day on the Xbox between myself and my brother, he has been showing me some ins and outs of Destiny as I have not been playing it as much since having my Xbox One. I am now level 30 so I am happy, got the gear to get to 31, just need to upgrade it and the such. I did also then spend the evening watching this..


Which is The Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2014. The line up I feel was not as good as usual, I like David Mitchell, Richard Ayoade and Jimmy Carr but the others aren't too high on my personal pecking order. Myself and Amy answered along and didn't come last or first.. I will leave it at that. I am looking forward to next weeks which is an anniversary version to celebrate 10 years of the quiz which has a much better line up which I am much more excited for. I am still glad I watched it because it is funny and is now an unofficial tradition I must say.

Day 544
And on this day, a Saturday, the first after Christmas, we decided to brave the Bluewater crowds for shopping. We have had better ideas, it was busy but we didn't take too long to find a space. I hate that as soon as parking is getting a bit thin, people start driving like idiots. We sauntered around looking for a space and then when we find one, waited and indicated but some idiot flew into the space as I started to turn in. I then honked and gave them a look, but of course knowing the were wrong wouldn't look back. The passenger, presumed to be a girlfriend did not look most pleased with the driver. Naughty people!

Anyway - we had a wonder. I wanted to go to Waterstones as I have a £10 voucher - which my Mum asked me to buy for 'a child relative' so I got one targeted at a young person, turns out it was for me. I am at the moment thinking about getting a graphic novel with it because I have been told they are all very good, it is just there are so many it is hard to pick, so much so that I didn't and will research first. The other problem is that if I start a series, I will want to get them all!

Amy bought this as she gets them every year, generally speaking.


I can honestly say I have never really sat down and looked through one of these.. But when we got it home, we sat and had a read through for a good hour and there are some really interesting things in there. Some of them I don't think should be in there because they are really random specific things to do which have no practical use.. Like chainsawing apples held in your mouth - legit.

We also went in Men Kind and bought some kitchen knives because they were awesome and 25% off. I will leave this link here for you of them with a review on a website called "thebestkitchenknives" because that is totally a thing:
http://thebestkitchenknives.co.uk/taylors-eye-witness-coloured-knife-set-review/
I think they are pretty cool and colourful. Plus the block moves around so you can have them arranged differently because that is also a thing. I just had a quick browse on there.. Some of the knives are worth £700. What are they cutting, gold?

We also had Nando's because Nando's. Pineapple on everything for me these days.

Day 545
And then there is today. I went to the cinema today with the famalam and we saw this!


I chose this poster because it is the classic stacking of characters on top of each other and it also has the dragon - he is my character for a game we play at work. He died. That sucked.

I really liked the film because it did a good job of tying in a lot of things to the Lord of the Rings films which would explain a lot of the story to people who haven't read the book. I have read The Hobbit but none of the others.. Maybe I should. I really liked all the battle scenes because they are always well done, it was nice to see some of the other wizards fighting using magic, because as much as I love Gandalf, he never uses any magic when he fights. And we know he can do it, so why doesn't he? Like pew pew and bang!

We also went out for dinner with some friends, we went to a Fayre and Square because of how cheap the menu is in comparison to other places. Saying that, the Taste Card will come back into life soon so everywhere will be cheaper again! Hurrah! I had a 16oz gammon steak, this came with: mushrooms, peas, chips, onion rings and pineapple rings. And it was only £8. Bargain if you ask me as hard as it was to finish, I did manage to invite people to try it successfully which helped. I probably only ate 14oz of it - not that that isn't a lot to shake a stick at.

I think I will leave it there. Longer than I thought it would be but luckily I managed to concentrate and get it all done quickly. G'night people of the internet. Blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment