Wednesday 3 December 2014

Voices

Voices are pretty interesting. Whether they are your own, a friends, someone on the radio, a singer or that little one in your head that tells you to go and do bad things. Ignore that last one though.. Seriously.

We will all here our voices slightly differently to everyone else, as you speak it echoes around your head until your ear drums pick it up which makes your voice sound ever so slightly deeper. This is often why people cringe when they hear their voice on a recording because they aren't used to it, it is different. Your voice makes you, you. If people hear your voice, their brain will associate that to you and trigger whatever set of chemicals you are to them. If they don't like you, love you and have no binding.

The reason I talk about voices, is mainly because I have recently for no apparent reason been watching a lot of stuff on the Radio 1 YouTube channel. The majority of the time I will hear the radio on my way to work and generally driving around and I can honestly say, until watching these videos, I had no clue what 80% of them looked like. The more popular DJ's will end up on the TV doing other bits like Scott Mills on Strictly and Nick Grimshaw hosting the One Show a few weeks back. Not seeing their faces sort of let me make my own perceptions as to what they do look like, using the little dribs and drabs of info you get from the conversations like hair colour and what not. Upon seeing them, I know myself for one usually sort of say.. Oh, not even close. But I tried.

Voices can do amazing things. The one most present in my mind is singing. George Ezra for example is one of them cases where the voice much surpasses the individual in years. When I first heard, I honestly would have taken him for a middle aged man until I was told he was from Radio 1 Introducing and he was 18. 18? No, no George, stop. Classic voices which have been with us for many many years like David Attenborough gets you in the mood for nature. Morgan Freeman on the other hand - he can do whatever he wants with his voice because he's Morgan Freeman.

And just because I've mentioned them, here's David Attenborough saying boo to a sloth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndMKTnSRsKM
And Morgan Freeman on helium because thankfully, that happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRKVQcbIByo

Day 520
Picture!


So for now, this will be my conquest. Black Flag. Most likely straight into Unity - partially because they are the only two games I have that are played without Kinect.. And I'll be into the storyline and gameplay that I'll want to continue!

Thanks for reading guys. Knackered. Gym today. Had a bath as well. Blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment