Sunday 14 December 2014

Once, Twice, Three Times a Blogpost

Another weekend has come and past, as is the trend every seven days. Ha.

I shall do this via a daily thing, they probably won't be in order but it'll cover the weekend. Sounds alright.

Day 529
Let us start with Friday. Friday was my team meal at work, we went to a restaurant called The Pippin and it was okay? I think that is the best way to describe it? The portions were a bit oddly sized for everyone, they had a £5 minimum spend and no one could remember what they ordered so we kind of had the waiters running around like headless chickens. It was a good time though. The pudding was really good - I will give them that. It was chocolate and I like chocolate in its many beautiful forms so I am quite easily pleased. The thing that was also slightly worrying was how empty the carpark was.. We basically were taking up most of the spaces alongside staff. I know it was a Friday during the day but honestly would have expected to see some more people there! Although easy parking is always a plus.

Also.. A waiter that used to work at Pizza Express that we had an awkward encounter with now works there.. I can't help but think he may have recognised me. I just averted my gaze and pulled numerous Christmas crackers.

On a random side note - which explains this picture - which otherwise had nothing to do with anything.. We learnt you could do a lot of stuff with the smileys/emojis on Snapchat. This lead to me receiving a large number of pictures from Amy with things like and around this style. Needless to say.. Some of the pictures worked better than others, the majority make you feel uncomfortable because when blown up to fill the screen look like horror characters.


This one is not so bad.

Day 530
So Amy has been asking me to talk about popcorn. I know. An odd subject choice, the main reasoning behind this request is because we got some from Sainsbury's as you can see below.


This one was considered one of the festive flavours and I wasn't really too sure what to expect upon popping into my mouth for a first taste.. It doesn't have a lot of taste I won't lie. Most of the taste was in powder form which meant the more you ate and got closer to the bottom, the better the taste got. Which is quite evil as it makes them very moorish. The bacon flavour definitely outclassed the maple flavour, mainly because I don't eat a lot of maple stuff otherwise so I might have been tasting it but wouldn't be all that sure.

The most common source of popcorn is the cinema for us. I personally, prefer the sweet popcorn over the salted. Amy prefers the salted. I also like the mix as you get a bit of both which is always nice. I find if I am snacking then I crave sweet things, if I am having a meal then I prefer salty things. Cineworld do this really fancy popcorn that comes in an airtight bag and is branded and all that jazz and it is so expensive, but its coated in toffee. I see people eating it and think "was that really worth the £4 or however much you spent on it?" Maybe it is. I just can't ever bring myself round to that kind of thinking.

I am actually talking about popcorn. Wow.

Some that I tried at work as a colleague bought it in for everyones was M&S white chocolate and strawberry popcorn. Now. I don't like eating strawberry's but I like the taste as odd as that may seem. So I wasn't sure what to expect with these because they had little chunks of strawberry. I tell you what, it has got to be some of the best popcorn I have ever had! The white chocolate was very nice and melted something golden. I would recommend it and it comes in little individual bags to stop you pigging out on the whole thing but.. Probably quite pricey if it is from M&S. I daren't think about that.

So Saturday happened.

We went to Asda and then to Domino's as we wanted to give them another chance.. Mistake. We ordered a pizza and they allow you to swap one topping out for free which we asked to do.. Swap the tandoori chicken for red onions. It was printed on the label. On the pizza there was still tandoori chicken. We thought that they might be able to get it right when it was the middle of the day and dead. We were literally one of two orders in there and they nearly gave me someone else's wedges! Two orders is obviously a lot to handle in their line of work.. Sorry. Makes me angry. It is also quite embarrassing going to their Facebook page because it is literally full of complaints and no positive feedback. It is the same in most industries, the complaints will come in more because if you get good service, that is really what you expect to get for your money and don't then feel the need to say anything. Shame really.

We went round to a friends house on Saturday night to watch a film and have some drinks and a chat. We watched Pearl Harbour as it was on the TV - long film but very good. I had honestly never seen it before but I think I will need to sit and have a proper watch at some point in the future. The reason I say that is because we were quite distracted with Cards Against Humanity. We ended up playing, between five of us, for about 2-3 hours and went through the entire pack of cards. It was great. Amy won.. Which is good? I suppose? Ahem.

Day 531
Today has been a lot of gaming based stuff for me really. I bought Peggle 2 over the weekend as I know this is a game that me and Amy both like. Amy has this really strange knack at getting free balls out of no where or managing to juggle between pegs like it was planned.. It totally is of course.


I really enjoy it because there are challenges on every level and an entire section of trials which greatly improves the replay value. Also, Xbox One 'arcade games' now have 1000 GS which I think it great. The 200 that they used to have was good but didn't really give them a lot to play with in terms of diversity with achievements. They would just be beat this section of the game, complete this challenge and other menial stuff like that. This however gives achievements for completing sections, challenges, single shot bonuses and stuff like that. Much better!

I have also been watching a lot of someone called Lobos play games. He is a games developer who streams a lot, at the moment he is playing a lot of Dark Souls 2 doing a full completion from NG to NG+7 which is just far out of my reach.. I can just about manage +1! At the point he is at - everything is just a 1 hit kill basically. TOO MUCH PRESSURE!

I also watched him complete a speed run of Lords of the Fallen which he did in under 1 hour.. Blows my mind how people can learn to manipulate the game so easily.

Now. For tea. We had something very different. It was basically.. Taco lasagne? I think that is how it was described on the website. Amy found it thought it would be interesting to give it a go. You basically make a taco mix but then layer it up with lasagne sheets instead of putting it in tacos. Instead of white sauce you use soft cheese mixed with an egg to make it spread. In stead of a pasta sauce you use the taco seasoning and salsa. Lots of cheese, like horrendous amounts. It was really good. I would recommend trying it. I know at the moment it sounds like a Frankenstein meal but it was tasty. I approve!

I also got a comment on one of my posts today! I got an email and got really excited - turns out it was spam. On my Year Walk post, my best traffic generating page. It makes me wonder if they can somehow tell which pages get more traffic and then target spam at it because if they can then.. Fair play to them. I have marked them as spam so it won't show because I don't want that kind of stuff on here. I think it is rude in all honesty, I know they're trying to help themselves but.. Just discuss the page and then leave you page as like a signature. I am okay with that. The message literally had nothing to with anything I have ever spoken about! I do not want to go walk about in the Himalaya's!

Blog you later people.

No comments:

Post a Comment