Thursday 25 December 2014

Well This is Christmas

I hope you have all had a very merry Christmas, Eve and associated days of celebration. I have had a somewhat impromptu hiatus to my blog but I have been spending time with my family and the such.

So I haven't posted since the 22nd so that leaves three days including today. Obviously, all of my pictures will be of Christmas presents that I have received and greatly appreciate. I thought it would be nice to do a post on Christmas Day, I can't remember if I did one last year or not.. I could quite easily look back but.. Well.. Can't be bothered. I'm watching Goldeneye so I am totally preoccupied by that. I am also watching it thinking that I really can't remember a lot of what is going on - and I am pretty sure I have seen it before because Sean Bean dies. He dies in everything to be fair so I could be getting confused quite easily.

Something I will mention first is about Xbox Live and PSN being down at the moment.. Which sucks of course. Apparently it is  being targeted by a hacking group called Lizard? And another group called Anonymous is now combatting them to try and stop them from doing it. I know hackers like to show off what they can do, usually to expose things but this seems really pointless and petty. Of course, they probably did it today because so many new people would be setting up and trying to play for the first time and now can't obviously. You can't even log into your account in an offline state to play. The site states that all other apps are up an running - despite needing to be signed in to use.. *slow claps*

Day 540
I will start with this lovely thing I think.


It, if you cannot tell, is an outline of Stitch made up of a series of different words which were picked out by Amy. For example, our names, our anniversary and todays date. I really like it, it was something that I could never have guess. Amy showed me this wrapped up and thought it must be some sort of thin book or calendar but as you can see, I was no where near. We will be getting a frame for it so that we can pop it up somewhere. I of course got Stitchmas for Christmas but have had him for longer.

I thought I would have a look on the Disney store to see what stuff they have for Lilo and Stitch and now it is minimal. At this point in time it is one of their 'older' films so they obviously won't make as much stuff for it. One thing they do have is this mural type thing which was £70 which looked pretty cool. It had some other different characters on it as well and wasn't in the usual art style, sort of like a children's picture book. I think what I really want would be a tie with him on, I seem to be able to find a bow tie easily but otherwise, no luck!

Day 541
Which roles me over conveniently to this picture here, of ties. What type of gift receiving day would it be if I didn't at least get one tie?


Instead I got five. One of which, as you can see, is a piano tie which I have seen many in films or TV programmes but never thought I would end up owning one. It even comes with different tunes which you have enough keys to play on the back of the box but that is far too hard to translate when you have the tie on and facing a different way and it needs to be done with specific timing.. All that jazz is not meant for one man to handle. I can manage to play something which sounds faintly like Eastenders but I don't like Eastenders so how would I know?

This has taken my tie collection over the 50 tie mark I think it is safe to say. Worst part is I have now run out of room again on the racks that I have so I might need to get myself another. Or a draw, an entire draw where they can all be folder nicely and sit there waiting. I do quite fancy learning how to try different knots out such as a windsor, I have been putting of trying as I have been wearing my festive ties to work. These have pictures one which in the windsor knot would come out funny so I thought it wouldn't be worth it. I will learn. I will probably try and show you at some point depending on the success - if no pictures appear, assume all attempts have been epic failures.

Oh, the cheesy one lines or James Bond.

Day 542
I also now have a new winter jumper and matching hat for my previous cardigan, which I am not wearing to show the new jumper. It is very warm and comfy, it's from Next who I find seem to be one of the only shops where their sizes actually fit me! And that is James. HI JAMES.


I very 'subtly' mentioned to my Mum that I wanted a jumper that I could wear so I didn't have to where my suit jacket every day. I do very much appreciate the extra pockets but it doesn't keep me all that warm compared to other garments such as a jumper of cardigan. So that I try to add on an extra later and get too hot, there was no winning! Now, I have options. I like options. Plus I can wear this when I am driving and not feel restricted.

So Christmas dinner today was a little different - we ate with my Nan, which used to be the norm but she has not moved into a care home. They were offering to set up tables in their rooms and serving Christmas dinner so we thought we would surprise her - literally. She had no idea, we just turned up and there was a table in her room. It was pretty good, especially as they were doing it on mass, three courses and wine - not that I like wine. Had a prawn cocktail, turkey with carrots, parsnips, roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, stuffing and even a Yorkshire pudding, finishing off with mince pieces and Christmas pudding - which I don't like. All in all, good stuff.

Just because it is Christmas, here is an article about Santa:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7152054.stm
There are little bits and bobs all over the internet speculating about Coca Cola being the reason he is red and white, apparently he used to be green!

Thanks for reading. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment