Monday 8 December 2014

Uncharacteristic Motivation?

Time for the weekend triple. I was thinking about it, I am sort of treating this blog like a job where I get Fridays and Saturdays off. I know I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you've ever though about doing it, go for it! It is really enjoyable and you can make note of so many memories and who knows? It could end up taking you somewhere you never expected. For me, it has taken me to 19,000 digital screens. Oh yeah, we hit 19,000 this weekend. On a footnote. Just here.

I will start.. With a horror story.. That's right. Shudder.

We wanted to go Asda to get some bits and bobs that we were running low on. As you do. We thought it wouldn't be too busy but by the time we got home it would be far too late to cook. In this instance we decided to order a Dominoes because the collection is right next to the Asda. So we ordered - officially - at 18:41. We did it on the app on the way to Asda. We actually started rushing around by the time it got to 19:15 because we were worried that we would be holding them up! Turns out - that was the least of our worries. We left the store at 20:30 with a load of cold food. It was really busy, don't get me wrong, but there were staff everywhere and the organisation of the pizza on their "system" looked chaotic. We stood in there listening to everyone complain about their orders not being ready. No one could appeared to be in charge or offer an explanation. We were told we were waiting for one thing at 19:50. No idea what went on. I won't mention the store because prior to this, we have had no problems and the pizza has been good. Hopefully, it was just a bad night for them. Some people left without paying and left them with an order to be binned most likely!

Apologies for any nightmares caused.

So. The title of this may throw you off as to what is actually on about.. I am a 21 year old male so what could I be talking about? Well, something that I personally am not very in tune with or enjoy doing is cleaning. And I'll be honest, my room was an absolute mess. The worst part for me was the bookshelf because it had just become a dumping ground for a little bit of everything really. So, I took it upon myself, with Amy's help, to sort the whole lot out. There is however, a reason as why this took place, which I will explain with the first picture for this weekend.

Day 522
So. It is now Christmas in my room.


Amy really wanted to get a little Christmas tree just for the room. We always do bits and bobs depending on the time of year, like you may have seen with Halloween. Here's the story of the Christmas tree..

We fancied going out for a jaunt around a supermarket on Saturday, the main goal was to buy The Hunger Games on Bluray as Amy has recently read the first book and wanted to watch the film. And now I have the Xbox One, we can actually watch Blurays! Not that the TV can handle 1080p.. But its the thought that counts. Tesco's didn't have it. So we accidentally ended up in Maidstone. We managed to get the Bluray, 1 and 2 boxset, in HMV for £15 which I was happy with. We always found this lovely tree, of course it had to be purple. They did have silver and green and blue but it's us so what do you expect? We got the little star on top as well from there. I also bought Dead Rising 3 which is one of the main reasons I wanted to go next gen because I enjoyed the second one so much!

The dilema now was where to put it? We have no room, the bedroom is a mess! Blitzed it. Amy's candle collection has moved from where the tree is to my desk. The stuff on the desk has been organised into draws or binned as appropriate. A quantity of books has been removed to be donated to schools or charity shops. I am must say I am very proud of what we managed to get done over the weekend. It did take us both days. And then I am also a little disappointed that we let it get to that point in the first place.. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. As is three bin bags less stuff cluttering the place up!

Day 523
This here is my favourite bit of the rooms makeover. The DVD shelf.


Admittedly, we do have a lot of DVD's. I am going to say that overall it is over the 100 mark. The ones you see here is the majority but there are also some over the other side of the room. I was honestly really happy because as you can see - the DVD's fit perfectly snug in-between the two boundaries of the shelves. I had that slight tingle of a pleasurable OCD experience that is oddly satisfying. I by no means have it - but things like that make me happy. The only other thing I could think of doing would be to have them in alphabetical order - but then that begs more questions as to whether or not films and TV series should be in the same collection. Organisation for another day - not this weekend. Much has already been done!

Day 524
Which moves us on nicely to another slice of our Christmas. We went in one of them Christmas shops which always pop up in the empty shops for a month or so. Needless to say - Amy likes her window jelly sticky picture things. Thats the scientific definition. Apologies as it is quit hard to see the bits.


We have Merry Christmas, we have a snowman with assorted snow flakes, we have a reindeer with a lovely big red nose, a tree with presents, and that thing hanging up is a Santa from a £1 shop. Because why not? The lights however are from somewhere else and I feel inclined to say Tesco because they were not some cheapy ones from a pop up shop.. Not that they were expensive but.. The stuff you get in them shops tend not to be main stream stock if you know what I mean. But it is nice. It gives the room a nice festive glow and after all of the tidying up - it is pretty darn awesome. A pat on the back to the both of us.

I am throwing this in randomly - this isn't going to be up by midnight. This is going to be a long post. It is. I like it.

So, so, so. Let us throw in some TV discussion right about now. We will start with something I didn't watch which was Strictly. The reason for this is because Pixie went out this week and when it was announced all I heard from downstairs was my mum shouting because she really doesn't like her for whatever reason. She'll love the fact that that made it onto the Blog.

Next, a well done of Foggy for being crowned King of the Jungle. I honestly at first had a feeling that it may have been Jake but I am not surprised that he won. He was hard as nails and a great character. All three in the final did well in their associated trials. I think it is good for Foggy, it is sort of like his last time on top of the podium, a fond farewell. It would have done Jake a load of good because it is the start of his career in the public eye and this would've helped a lot. All in all, it'll be shame to see the program go because it was very enjoyable and it is one of the only ones I have sat and watched entirely. Apart from Saturdays - I missed that one.

Gogglebox was caught up with today, I really liked this weeks episode. They had the fired person off of The Apprentice on the radio on Thursday discussing his time on the show. And I am glad to see that everyone agreed with what was said by this fired person - Alan Sugar was being a picky picky man! He didn't specify that he wanted a free standing, ready built anatomically correct skeleton, just that he wanted one. They bought him that, just in a different way. They spoke back and he clearly didn't like it so I do question his motive for firing this person. It might be for the drama but I have no clue. I don't watch it over all. Plus, it was great to see Leon doing some kung fu to June.

Lets talk about some games! I have mentioned above that I got Dead Rising 3 today. I got it preowned for £20, it has held its price well being a launch game which I am hoping will replicate through in to a good game. I can see why they waited for the next gen consoles to develop the next instalment because the character count on screen is crazy. I think they have safely managed to fit in thousands of zombies on screen for that authentic zombie survival feel as it is in a big city after all. I have played it for a small amount of time but already can see it is going to be good. They've really embraced the functions of the Kinect by allowing you to attract their attention using voice commands or dropping items. Also, loads of different modes depending on the gameplay you want to experience, I of course went for completionist because achievements are ma thing.

Completionist is not in the dictionary - fun fact.

Amy got Just Dance 2015 off of Amazon, also £20 but brand new due to a lovely offer. We have both busted a move, I will admit it. It is quite hard because you try to keep your head facing the screen to see whats going on but.. Some moves you need to spin and turn sideways and it just doesn't add up in a mans head due to the lack of a multitasking cortex. Enjoyable though, just about enough room next to the chimney as well to play.

Thanks for reading. I need to go to sleep. Go to work. Ya know, live and stuff. Blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment