Wednesday 31 December 2014

New Years Resolutions

I thought I would do a post about this today as I highly suspect I won't have time to do it tomorrow with it being New Years Eve n'all.

The actual word resolution means a firm decision to do or not do something, which fits perfectly with the idea of a New Years resolution because usually they are things to change in the coming year. Whether they actually happen or not is of course a different question all together.

I myself am a serial failer when it comes to resolutions, the first I actually succeeded with was last year to carry on with my blog for the entire year - and I did and it is still going! This year I will plan, to keep my blog going at a standard which I am happy with, like my last two months of posting. So it is more than a picture with a paragraph of text. Sometimes it is unavoidable but otherwise - I will do my best. Some of my other ones for example have been eating five a day, or getting fitter. Theoretically, perfectly obtainable things but when it comes to practice I never did.

Most resolutions will fail because people go 'too big' so in reality it is unachievable. My advise is, if you set yourself one and are steadfast about achieving it, start a bit smaller and make sure you have the tools to actually do it. So, me for example, I made sure I had the app on my phone for Blogger so I could do it when out and about if needed. I got myself set up on the Mac and worked out processes as to when I would blog and a layout of content. I stuck to this as best I could and now we are on day 547!

Another thing is don't set yourself too many goals, it is has been proven that trying to remember more things is stressful and hinders your ability to remember the important things of what you need to remember. So for me, last year I am pretty sure keeping up with this was the only one I set last year because I thought it was a biggie. I say this now, if I went back to last years blog I might be fibbing. Because it was a long time ago and stuff.. Maybe just give yourself one or two goals of varying size and work towards them. Other things that you may have been thinking to set as a resolution will then come naturally alongside it. It all works out eventually.

Remember, if you do have a set back, don't beat yourself up. Putting yourself in a negative mind frame when doing something sticks, more than you may first think. Every time you then went to do that resolution because of your negative reaction prior, you'll feel that again which can often lead to failure.

See what happens. I will try stick to mine if you stick to yours!

Day 547
Selfie?


So Amy totally bought a proclaimed selfie stick, actually called a monopod because it is a single legged pod for your camera phone. Technically. A great pose if I do say so myself. Even though I don't really like selfies, I can see the benefits of having this because you can get so much of your surroundings in to a picture and also more people if it is a large group. Then again, isn't the awkward stretch and pressing of the button part of the selfie experience? This is a nice fancy one, it has a bluetooth connector which means we press a button on the handle and the picture takes, clever stuff if you ask me.

I am already feeling myself doze of so I shall let you get on as well as I. Blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment