Wednesday 31 August 2016

Hello Keyboard

This, surprisingly, comes to you live from my bed after 128 days. I think about my blog from time to time, browsing through posts and looking at old pictures. I've always said that this blog was for looking back at things I've done, things I've experienced. I would love it to go further of course, have my own little corner of the internet where people come to read my things - in this day and age, success on the internet is not uncommon. At the same time you only ever really see and hear about the successful few that get catapulted into the spotlight. I'm hopefully going to come back to my blog though, I say hopefully because I said the same thing to myself 128 days ago.

Its literally been months since I last posted, it makes this post easy and hard to write. I have months of experience to pull on but only one post to say what I want to. Today at least.

So the nerd in me is of course shouting 'Pokemon Go came out since you last posted' which is completely true. It did. And I have been enjoying it, it encourages me to go out and has made for some good times like wondering around lakes in the middle of the night. Sounds safer when I don't write that down. When it first came out, it was interesting to walk around towns and see people with their phones at arms length, crowding around stops and gyms and playing.. What I have noticed now, is that it has gone back to the phone being held at the waist but people are still playing - and talking. On multiple occasions, people have approached me and the people I am with to tell me there is a Pikachu over there or a Slowpoke done the road. It's an interesting development in society that a video game was the thing that got people outside talking. And inflating the sales of portable batteries by something like 200%.. Everyone's a winner?

Guess what's back on the telebox. Bake Off! I am watching todays episode on iPlayer right now, so I am very distracted. They're marking Viennese Whirls which I love, and I imagine would taste better than I am used to if they were made at home rather than bought from a shop - but I can't bake. I like Selasi, he has a very laid back approach and is using some interesting flavours. I mean he put a scotch bonnet in biscuits - I wouldn't to feed that to Paul Hollywood.

So, take a moment to look at this.. It's something that Amy showed me and is absolutely ridiculous..
http://news.sky.com/story/syria-tourist-board-reveals-promo-clip-with-slogan-always-beautiful-10559682
Syria, for whatever reason, decided that now would be a good time to release a video to try and attract tourists to go and visit. Don't get me wrong, the images which they used in the video do make the country look attractive - until you remember that it is very much an active war zone. I get it, I do. Everything in the media at the moment is negative, when it comes to Syria, they might be trying to repair their image. I understand but there is probably a better time to do this.. Maybe I am just being a negative Nelly.

I talk about films a lot. Funnily enough I have been to the cinema three days in a row from Sunday to yesterday.. Sunday I saw Bad Moms, Monday was Sausage Party and yesterday War Dogs. Go Cineworld cards. My thoughts.. Here you go.

Bad Moms was an interesting film, and on the surface does come across as a comedy - which it is. I think it was quite clever how they worked in a commentary on motherhood of recent years and how they are expected to be these crazy machines that do everything. It does stereotype men as being useless and not really contributing to family life but I may be reading into it a bit much, in the sense it was just emphasising on the journey of the characters becoming strong and more independent. It had its laugh out loud moments, it had its heart warming moments.. Its a film we agreed that we enjoyed but probably wouldn't buy.

Sausage Party.. Well. What do I say? We know who made it, we know who's in it.. The trailer let us know there would be copious amounts of swearing and ridiculous ideas.. But it literally gave nothing away that happens in the film. At the moment, I am describing it as an experience like Human Centipede - not for the content, but as a film to say.. Yeah I've seen that.. And then you back away slowly.. I'll warn you now, it goes to a very dark and weird place in the last half an hour..

War Dogs was really good, the film itself was about two hours long and felt longer. I remember checking my Fitbit (I have a fitbit now by the way..) at about 9:30 thinking.. There's still an hour of this left and I am glad there is. It explores the true story of a firm that sells weapons to the government and how it goes.. Slightly wrong it is safe to say. The casting was really good, and the story itself whilst dramatised was believable. Dedication from Jonah Hill for putting weight on after loosing a lot to play the part - with an interesting laugh which I am interested to know where it came from.. I would definitely recommend this film out of the three - if you were presented with this choice.. Yeah.

I'll leave it there for now. As you can tell this is a bit of a mish mash of thoughts tumbling out of my fingers onto the page and it has been a while.. I guess I am out of practice structuring something that makes a bit more sense and follows a trend. Blog you later - haven't typed that in a while for sure..

No comments:

Post a Comment