Thursday 23 January 2014

Hemlock Grove

Day 207
I recently found myself with nothing to watch after finishing Breaking Bad and like Dexter - I found the ending a little meh.. A little anti climatic compared to some of the other story lines. I came across Hemlock Grove, I watched the trailer and thought I would give it a go. Is it good? Well I watched about 12 hours in 3 days - I got hooked on it instantly. I am a terrible binge watched when I find something I like and this is definitely one of them times. I would describe it as a strong horror drama with a supernatural take. I like the ideas used because they deviate away from the other supernatural ideas surrounding the creatures in the program. I am avoiding saying what creatures because I want you to go and see it for yourself because you have to work a lot of stuff out for yourself. It is a program that really doesn't give you anything solid to make judgements off of, just bits of the puzzle. It's a Netflix original so it's only available on Netflix and it's all made available at once when the series is complete. There is only one series at the moment so probably best to make it last longer than I did.. Kind of regret it now because I really liked it. I will warn you that it is very graphic and contains strong themes - hence the 18 rating but something's will make some people more uncomfortable than others so.. Yeah. Check it out. 


By the way.. I had to create this post twice.. The blogger app appears to have a bug which crashes the app when trying to add a picture.. I always forget to save a draft before I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment