Friday 22 May 2015

Cats and Weird Stuff..

Cats! They are here - re-homed and moved in. It is so awesome, and nice to have cats around again so as you will see, I am being a crazy cat man in this post. Part of me cares, because in terms of rich content - you could quite easily argue it's not and I wouldn't dispute it but at the same time - its cats. And this is the internet, a match made in heaven! At the end though, I have accumulated some news articles which are pretty awesome, Amy shared them with me so I thought it would be nice to share them with you as well.

So, just so it doesn't break up the stream of cat talk and cat images, the cat pictures will cover days 682 through to 686. Just so you know. I just don't fancy bolding it up.. There will be a couple more pictures down the bottom though. I don't know why I am telling you, you'll find them.

So first, I think some introductions are due. The two cats were put into care because the owners had two dogs who didn't get on with the cats and thought it would be better for them. My Mum picked out one cat, then upon visiting discovered the second cat who has now come home with them!


This cat is called Gracey and is about 11 and a half years old. She is all black, with what I like to think is a white bow tie and her eyes - are always that large. She is a spitting image of my old cat
Speedy who had to be put down last year. The difference is, when he made these eyes it usually meant you
would be missing a chunk of your finger, where as with Gracey, she is just like this all the time. The real downside is you can't say no to her when she looks like this so I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up getting a lot of treats or leftovers out of us. She is the boss, calls the shots, is very confident and sleeps super strange. to be accurate - she sleeps like this.


I know most cats will tuck their paws under and then sleep like that but Gracey, once she has done that extends her neck out and rests her chin on the floor or surface to sleep. In this case she is sleeping on my Tastecard letter as I got my new one in the post which means I have now been a member for a year - much a great meal has been had thanks to that lovely card. I have never seen a cat sleep like that honestly, it might be a case this is pretty common but in the even that it is not - I am commenting on it. I am sure someone who knows loads more about cats will let me know otherwise. I am just an owner's perspective. You can tell Gracey is the boss because if you're fussing the other cat, in she will trot and the other will run away.. Which is a shame but cat hierarchy is something we may never understand. 


This one here is Bella who is about eight and a half years old, and looks quite a bit like my older cat Bruno who I have never shown on here.. Mainly because when we had him I didn't have a phone nor did I know sharing cats on the internet was a thing. He disappeared off shortly after we got Speedy as he was quite old and maybe didn't fancy living with a young whipper-snapper. When I was trying to take a picture of her sitting look at me she kept rolling around like she knew what was going on so.. I just opted for a laying down picture, works for me. She actually lets you stroke her belly, which for a cat to me is amazing - usually that area is like instant death. She grabs on with her back legs, around your wrist and then pulls herself along the carpet with her front legs - pretty cute. 

My Dad got them like.. Cat bunk beds? It is made of bamboo and has an enclosed cat bed on the bottom and and open one on the top which we thought would work as one likes to by up high, the other down low. I managed to catch a snippet of Bella in the bottom one, she is less secure so would want to be on top.. But the bottom is enclosed so she likes that too.. Conflictions!


You can also just about see the ear of a bear rug that has been bought for them, one each. They aren't actually for cats but for children but we thought it would be a appropriate. I find it strange that we buy pets soft things, especially cats because they will sleep on anything. If you Google cats sleeping on weird things, you'll see what I mean. They'll sleep in dirt, on your lap, on you keyboard.. Yet we feel the need to buy them soft things. Then again it is nice to stroke the soft thing when the cat isn't in the mood.

Cats are obviously curious and like exploring but where the house has been without cats for a while, trinkets and things have made their way to be on show. Now they like to jump up on the sides and explore, thankfully nothing has been damaged as of yet, touch wood. At the moment, the kitchen looks like a place to avoid aliens because it was covered in tin foil as cats hate the stuff, the noise and the reflectiveness. I like to think they are already comfortable, they've found their favourite posts. Bella's for example is on a tucked in chair under the dining table, the one that isn't used so it is probably the plushest of the lot. I am really excited because they play with the toys we have - like proper.


You see that black and white blur there - that is a cat. Of course it is, and she is chasing a leopard print string thingy on a stick with feathers.. That is the only way to describe it. Speedy, we could get the odd reaction out of him where he would give it a couple of bats with his paw and then would get bored. Bella will go for it, then stop as soon as you tug, whereas Gracey just holds on even tighter - that killer instinct. Cats are so lucky - they can just eat, sleep and play all day. We even fund their activities, they have got the best job ever.

So I hope you liked the cats. Of course you did, they are cats so there is no way to not like cats - unless you are a dog person maybe. In which instance, I will nod my hat to you and let you be on your way.

Lets have a look at these news stories here that have been sent to me.. Even some of these involve cats but I shall try keep any extra imagery away from cats, we don't want to overload your brain with cute at any time of the day, you'll just stop working.. You are welcome.

This article literally is just a list of reasons why cats will make your day better.. There are 10 reasons, I agree with all. Another reason why I am not glad that there are cats about - whilst you can always play with ones you come across in the street, people always give you a funny look. At my local station, there is an infamous cat dubbed 'Station Cat' because he hangs around with commuters to get a fuss. My favourite reason from the 10 is that they make you healthy - and there is even science to back this up. Cats should technically be funded by the NHS.

This one here is looking at how there is a fad in South Korea to break the law - by getting a tattoo of your pet cat. It is not the fact that it is your pet that makes it illegal - it is just tattoos in general, they are illegal in South Korea. I don't know the logic behind that, I don't have any myself but can see the artistic value of them and are also good identifiers for like passports and stuff.. And also the tattoos are really good and look just like their cats. That's a good enough reason right there.

I don't really want to talk about this one.. I mean men will probably get the reference because it is about a male animal.. And it makes me cringe just thinking about it. It is short - the article. Just yeah.

This is an article about weird things that have been deleted from Wikipedia and I can tell you know, there are some really weird things on there. It is the type of list you look though and wonder why someone went out of their way, to sit there, and make some of the pages that are now gone. Then again - it is sort of like this blog, I would be upset if it was deleted.. DON'T DO IT! The list can be found here though.

Groot and Rocket
This is so awesome, I remember when Amy sent it to me and I looked at the URL and sort of thought.. No way, that is going to be so awesome. It was - see! Cheeky little Day 687 coming in.


I used to love playing with Lego, I was never really good at making my own creations, only a couple of times can I actually remember finishing something up.. Looking at it.. And actually think wow I did that. My brother was much better, he was always good with things like that. I liked following the guides to make things until you have a piece missing which sucked, because it is nice to get the end result like it is on the box. If this model here is life size.. It must be at least 10 foot tall..

I thought this about puzzles today, that you have a box with the picture on it which you can just look at. Yet you spend a long time putting together the fragmented image to then look at it - look at the box and feel accomplished. To then just break it to pieces again and put it back in the box - where you can still look at the picture. I also don't understand why Hobbycraft can charge £10 and up for all of their puzzles, I would much rather get one out of a charity shop. Although pieces missing does suck. Swings and roundabouts.


Peter Andre, a Healer?
Basically, there was a woman, in a coma. She woke up all of a sudden when she apparently saw Peter Andre at the 'pearly gates' saying it wasn't her time. And that Katie Price was there being all evil or something - just really random. I guess at the same time you can marvel at the creativity of the human brain because that is such a convoluted thing to make up. At the same time, I guess who cares what it thinks up if it manages to wake you up from a coma!

Day 688
And this last one for today coming, sneaking itself under the only sub heading type thing in this post - and by that I mean one that is bold and stuff. We had a visitor around today who introduced us to a TV show which he really likes on Comedy Central, it is called Impractical Jokers. I think it is safe to say that it is more of a guys program because we were both laughing but Amy wasn't really too impressed.. It is basically a hidden camera show, where four friends put themselves in situations one at a time (usually) whilst the others tell them what to do and say. Some of it is pretty bad in terms of you really wouldn't want to say it - some of them don't and it counts as a loss. The person with the most losses at the end has to do a forfeit which can be any manner of things. This example was sifting through elephant poop with no gloves or anything.. Looking for his car keys that weren't actually there.


It is on between 7-8 on a day of the week that I assume is today, I don't know if it is on every day but just look on the ol' guide and you'll know. If it tickles your fancy.

I shall leave it there for now - hope you enjoyed the cats and random news stories. Something a little different from the usual. Blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment