Sunday 3 May 2015

Your Five a Day

You know how I do love a good play on words, and this instance I am substituting your vegetables and fruit - with pictures which I am putting on here. Amazing eh? I don't feel like I needed to explain that to you but just in case, it never hurts to make certain. Words to live by.

So today, the first couple of pictures will be about the loot crate for April, the theme was fantasy which I wasn't really too sure about as in what would be the contents. It turns out it was traditional fantasy style, like dragons and stuff. So let's get to it! Seeing as there will be another three pictures, I will label them all up a goodun as I should do. Are you excited? I am.

Day 666 & 667
Good lord, an evil number. Apparently they literally avoid using this number in Christian schools, for example if there were lockers or room numbers.. They literally just avoid it. I don't think it is a bad number at all so look at it in all it's glory for it is a triple.

So, there wasn't so much stuff that needed a lot of separate images so there are only two for the loot crate itself. I think the first of the two is the best because it is staring yours truly.



This crate came with three things which you could place upon your person in terms of clothes. So, first off you may notice the crown which is epic! It is inflatable, and also quite small.. As it doesn't fit my head or maybe it is just that I have a rather large head. It must be because it fits everyone else's rather nicely. Despite that, I will still wear it and then command things of people which will then not happen. I think I should wear it into Burger King one day as well and ask for the kings order and see what happens.  Probably not a lot, they'll just laugh and ask what I really want. The next thing is the bow tie, which I am really enjoying as are my work colleagues when I wear it to work, it is covered in little dragons and D20's which are 20 sided dice for those of you who don't know. Luckily it is one that is ready tied so you can just pop it on around your neck, under the collar. But now I will have to expand my neck wear collection to include them, and probably have to learn to tie one.. I want one with Stitch on. It would be EPIC. The last thing from the crate is the shirt, which you may have guessed as it is creased up as anything! It fits nicely though, so I am happy, I think it is a Dungeons and Dragons one - like the bow tie - as it is a dragon in the shape of an and sign.. Awesome. I just need some awesome trousers and I will be all done!

And here is the rest of the lovely loot!


I know the picture is the wrong way around but for whatever reason it wouldn't let it rotate but it will do for the sake of this blog. I will go from top to bottom, what you can see first is a pack of cards with the title Princess Bride. It is literally a normal pack of cards but with different art work type thing. It is nice and glossy though, I can imagine playing Go Fish quite nicely with. Next to that, you can see the mark of the house Stark, the wolf head. I wasn't too sure what it was to start with, but it is actually a memory stick and the strange thing is - the first thing I thought - was how big is it? Turns out it is 4GB so I am happy with that. It would be awesome to pop that into a device and save stuff - slight sarcasm. Next, the little badge with comes with each crate, just to say you have had that one. I can imagine wearing a years worth to a convention type thing, and sharing it with other loot craters! Just to the right of that, is a bag tag of Platform 9 and 3/4 from Harry Potter - this was the only thing I was not sure about.. In terms of the theme of the crate. It is pretty big though, think that is the ideal thing for a bag tag because it'll stick out and let you see it. The final piece, at the bottom there, is a group of Game of Thrones fridge magnets, one of each of the houses, their emblems. They are still in the packet, our fridge is owned by Stitch at the moment.

That was the last of the three crates that Amy got me so I am not sure if I will have any more to share with you soon but of course, you will be the first to know - other than me and my bank account of course.

So Thursday night, we had a little toddle along to the cinema and watched the new Avengers film! The best part was it was Amy's idea despite her not being all that excited about the film, not compared to me at least. I really enjoyed it, the cinema was packed as I can imagine it will be for a long time yet because it has such a large gathering of fans. I personally feel like the first one was more exciting just with the team being introduced and it was the first one - but the second I think had a better developed story line and introduced the new characters in a great way. The Vision for example - I really like him. I can't wait for the next one but that'll be another three years.. Great. The wait begins!

Marvel being owned by Disney, leads me on to this next picture here..

Day 668
Which is the awesome Wreck it Ralph.


But I thought I would share it on the screen we are watching it on, because I was watching it during the start of this post, it has since finished and am now watching First Dates, that Channel 4 program where you watch.. First dates.. It is strange because you can easily see who is hitting it off and who isn't - also I am getting annoyed by the burn mark on my hand as I am typing, this little red mark dancing around. I did that on the oven. I really hate hot things, especially when they burn me.

I remember watching Wreck it Ralph in the cinema, and it was really quite emotional. Disney films are amazing in the way they weave the story together - I remember nearly being brought to tears in the cinema. I am not afraid to admit that. At the end when he is flying towards the mento's to save everyone. That must read like a strange line to people who haven't seen the film.. Crazy.

Day 669
So Friday night, was a bowling night, planned by a colleague at work. The place we went to had an event on where when the pins are set, you might get a pink one placed at the front. Whilst that was there, you call over a team member to watch the shot and if you get a strike, you win a bottle of Proseco. I had two chances, and unfortunately missed by one pin and then two on the second. My colleagues, on the lane next to me managed to win themselves two bottles which was really exciting, you could actually see other lanes getting excited yet disappointed as they hadn't yet one. I wasn't sure what would happen if underage people won.. I heard them shouting you would need ID to check so I guess they wouldn't give it to them or.. Gift it. Anyway - we had a little competition, in which I came second and got a nice little medal to go alongside it. Here is a picture from the nights shenanigans..


I am with all the people here, including the ones sitting on the floor. I hope they won't mind me using this picture - then again I don't know if any of them look around my page or not so they may never know. And if they do - they will let me know. This little arcade here was pretty awesome though, they had this Star Wars pod thing which you pretend to be flying around in shooting, and racing ones like bikes etc. and pool tables.. Pretty awesome.

Day 670
So this last picture here is thanks to the Internet. I have been lucky enough to come into having Mortal Kombat X on my Xbox One and it is amazing. I am really terrible at fighting games, as I have mentioned before but there is something about it that makes me want to try at least to get better. Despite this urge I still loose a lot because.. Like I said, I am bad. Fighting and racing games are the two I have never been able to get my head around for some reason.


I picked this image to keep it PG as I don't want the gore on here because.. Well there is plenty of it. I like this picture as I feel like it depicts the two key characters of the game, Scorpion and Sub Zero. I feel like that any way, because they look similar and have sort of like contrasting powers in terms of fire and ice. I just enjoy it. I have been watching someone called Truetalent on Twitch and YouTube who is amazing at it and has learned about 20 characters already and just wins constantly no matter who he uses.. Bah, it is crazy.

Well, look at this lovely bank holiday weekend. I will leave you to it, and I shall leave to do something else. No idea what - may some kombat. I also like that all the stuff in the game is spelled with a k even though it shouldn't be.. Klassic. Blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment