Wednesday 29 April 2015

Suicidal Cartons and Loot - Finally

So this loot crate I will be showing off today, is actually from March.. Hence the word finally being in the title. I mentioned the reason why I haven't got it in another post but just in case you didn't see that - basically - the post office lied to me. They said that someone at my house had signed for it despite someone being in all day and no one coming to the door. When we missed the delivery of the next crate, April's one, my sister was near the sorting office to collect it. She ended up with two parcels, one marked for being shipped back to the original address - tut tut. Lucky I got it it would seem.

So lets get into the loot crate, this will be Day 664 and 665 and even a cheeky bonus one because I am ever so kind to you! So the theme of this crate was spies and secret agent type things.

So this first picture, is of a shirt which came in the box. I am kind of happy and not happy about it at the same time because the shirt itself is pretty awesome, it is a sad James Bond. He is sad because his martini was stirred and not shaken - I don't know if this would actually make a difference to the taste. The reason I am not happy is because white shirts don't really suit me I have been told, so I probably won't wear it too often, or maybe it'll be a lazy shirt for days inside, sheltering from the pollution and stuff.


 So this next image, has a lot more bits and bobs and makes up most of the box in terms of quantitive items. So lets work from left to right.

The first thing you can see there is two little 'field note' books, one is lined and the other is square and I don't know if I will ever use them because I don't really take notes and things like that - I can see the things being more appreciated by a younger audience than myself. I used to love anything like that when I was younger, I used to come across them all the time, just little books and pads full of random dribble. I remember I had this leather bound A4 diary once which I made into an army roster for Worms as I used to play the hell out of that. Looking back at that, I now think why because it was all in the game anyway..

The next one, the black and orange one, I am not sure what to make of it. It is basically a piece of cord that is wrapped in such a way it makes a bracelet which you can wear. The black and grey tab in the middle can then be ripped to allow the cord to unwind to its full length - which I think is pretty darn awesome. I presume it is one of them things though, once it is unwrapped that is sort of it so I really don't want to. I can actually imagine that being pretty useful but its commercial availability probably doesn't say a lot of the quality over all.

Next to that you can see a watch which was really awkward as I already have the exact same one, my sister gave it to me for Christmas. Now, I know it doesn't have a display but there is a little button you press, and it shows up on screen in digital writing for a couple of seconds and that's it. I have worn the other one a little bit and it is quite comfortable, it is just when someone asks you for the team and you don't pull out your phone they like freak out - just be warned.

Above that you have the badge for actually paying to receive the crate, you can collect them separately as you get one in each box so you can see how much months on the trot you've been doing it or when the best time of year for your to buy is as some crates with suit you better than others.

Then on the far right, we have a note pad of spy themed mad libs. From what I understand and also by Amy's guess work, you insert what it asks for and then read out a full sentence. For example, it will ask you for a noun and you can say tree which will either make it make sense or completely no sense.. Hence it being mad!


Onto the last one for the day, the first thing you'll probably notice is the comic. I want to read it to see if the story is interesting but I haven't got it in me to take it our of its packaging because you never know - one day when the writers aren't thinking about it anymore - someone will randomly pop up and say that is worth a few bob on the old Antiques Roadshow. At least I have a part of a plan building up in the wings..

The other is something I was quite excited about, it is an official prop replica taken from the Agents of Shield TV series. Now I don't know if they were all the same or if each box got a different one to discreetly start you buying products to get them all.. Especially as you wouldn't want to end up with loads of a single crate - then again if they can afford that then all the more power to them. It came with a plain black thing to put around your neck if you ever wanted to?

The box itself, you can't really make it out here at the moment.. Was actually a little hidden laptop type thing, obviously not one that worked but the design was pretty good I must say. That is one thing I love about the crate though, it is not just the contents that you get but the box itself is something separate all together! I would love to win a mega crate.. They have been giving away gaming computers and stuff over the couple of me getting loot.


A quick little anecdote from my now, to finish off as I am pretty drowsy.. The suicidal carton. Well, it pretty much says it all in that title.. I was getting my lunch box ready as you do, and I went to get a carton of orange juice, I use the cheapy ones from Tesco as they count as one of your five a day so that is useful! The central one of the three pack was all puffy so I got a knife and cut it out of the plastic it was wrapped in.. And it continues to expand, more rapidly possibly! I decide to just drop it in the sink for now to deal with later, but I walked away and POP! There it went but I had no idea what it was that until I looked! I am so glad I got that in there in time or that would've been messy.. Sounds like the orange juice had started fermenting hence the explosion

I shall leave it there and share for now as I am sleepy - to sleepy times for me! Blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment