Tuesday 14 April 2015

One, Two, Three-Four-Five, Once I Caught A Blog Alive

I know, I know, I have been neglecting you. I guess I can lay it down to the fact I have been quite busy over the past five days which really does mean I have been quiet in my internet responsibilities.. But at the same time, it means this post is going to be hella huge! And for those of you that enjoy that, you're very welcome. I am going to try and split this down into the days, the only thing is.. I can't remember as far back as Thursday for some reason. Friday on wards is an oh so warm memory which I can tap into with ease - that on the other hand fell through the gaps. Due to this, Sunday will be sharing two pictures as I also have two pictures I would quite like to share!

Lets get to it!
And once you're done, why not scroll back up this page and have a look around my other social medias, all conveniently located on the right hand side of this page *crowd oohs and aahs* I know, I know.

Day 646
So, this one here starts with Friday. Now, I have mentioned before that we have had some beef with Cineworld in the sense of a lot of films we have wanted to watch recently have been released on limited screening. Due to this, our closest cinema doesn't actually show them, I don't how they decide which does if it is based on size etc. but the next closest showing the majority was about 20 miles away! As much as I love me a film, we couldn't condone that much petrol to go and see something.. Such as this!



This film, when you look at it on paper, is basically a classic storyline of an American school where one of the 'outcasts' ends up being popular and gets the guy and is happy and all that jazz. This to be fair, is a tried and proven storyline for films, but this one was probably a bit more up to date in terms of the importance of social media in younger peoples lives and how it can be used for both positive and negative effects. By the way, Duff itself stands for 'Designated Ugly Fat Friend.'

I have to say, we both enjoyed it more than I think we initially thought we would, I think it may have been a bit of left over adrenaline from actually seeing a limited release film.. And for a smaller screen it felt a lot more packed as it was off in one of the side screens. I would quite easily recommend it but if you do want to see it, you will need to get on it soon because it only has a couple of showings a day and they probably won't be available for long so.. Get on it! It was actually really funny and they just quite happily chucked in some lewd terms and language which I think is fitting for the time we live in - I don't think those types or words mean so much any more.. Another discussion for another time.

I think the only downside to the whole thing was we got the seats we wanted and there were of course some people on our row who didn't want to stay for the credits. We obviously got up to let them past but then ended up getting swept away in the crowds down river and out of the doors before we knew it! Stuff actually goes on in the credits, it is mainly bloopers it would appear but I couldn't tell you because.. Well we didn't get to see them. Also, Friday is busy so parking sucks, standard.

Day 647
Saturday came around, as it does after every Friday. We popped around to Asda to pick up a couple of bits - also to get a new box of mozzarella dippers.. Because we bought some a week before which stated 12 on the box.. And we got 11! It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't being shared between two people because it either means getting a dissatisfying half or one less than the other. We Tweeted at Asda and they told us to take the box back and they'll swap it.. And we did because free food is free food, although it did feel really petty as they were only £1. They were pretty cool about it though, and said they hoped it would have the correct amount. Joker.

We also had already planned an evening with someone I work with and her hubby, so we headed off for an evening of home made pizza and games. The pizza was awesome, they had a pizza stone so you get that authentic taste like it was made in a restaurant.. Awesome.

The first game we played I really really really liked! It is a version of a game called Munchkins in the style of zombies. It is basically a mini role playing game all done with cards, and you yourself are a zombie. You then get weapons and armours and abilities and curses and counter curses and boosts and most of all - fun. Once you pick it up as well, it flows well and you can help other players or hinder them to level up and win! There is some more information and versions here:
http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/munchkinzombies/

And then.. We broke friggin' science.



So, if you look here, it is a special version of jenga. The red and grey thing on the bottom is like a TNT timer which is attached to a platform, and you pull a piece of string out.. And at different times it speeds up or slows down so you can't tell - what is supposed to happen is the platform will then drop and that person looses. Makes you go faster and gets around the table quicker. What happened this time.. Is it just didn't fully drop and sort of just leaned to the left a little bit so it moved the centre of gravity so.. Amy managed to remove a middle piece where a side piece had already been removed. You can see it just next to my hand. We literally had to stop because we had no idea how we had managed to do it but looking back at it, it does make a little bit of sense. It did eventually collapse - pretty sure on my turn.. I caught the tower instinctively because I don't like the loud noise. Then it happened anyway. Dang.

Another game we played, also zombie themed was Zombie Dice. There were 12 dice but there were supposed to be 13.. Anyway. There are red, yellow and green dice each with different levels of face images with brains (good), feet (re-roll) or shotgun shots (bad). The aim of the game is to roll to get 12 brains in total, not all at once, you can bank your brains and wait for your next turn. Simple, quick, easy. I didn't even know there were that many games around anymore, the digital age is really set in. At the same time, you can't quite beat sitting around a table playing games with other people.

They also have a really fluffy cat. Who sits in front of the cat flip just jabbing it. Cute.

Day 648 & Day 649

Sunday was on of the more eventful days, which I always find strange when it happens.. Just because I have also really felt it was a lazy day where you don't do too much if you know what I mean. It started off with a cheeky Franky and Bennie's breakfast with some friends. I love the breakfast menu but hate choosing because, I want the pancakes because I like the sweetness in the morning. At the same time, the breakfast plate is really nice with its savoury goods - which is what I opted for this time around. I had the pancakes last time. Kindly, they allowed me to switch out my tomato for an extra sausage, I don't like them on their own at all. Incorporated - that's fine.

We then continued to have a little wonder around town, popping into Poundland to buy some nets and a bucket. What for you ask? Newting - not an official term as far as I know nor a recognised sport. I think that is mainly because some breeds of newts are endangered so you don't want to play with them too much. By the way, it literally just means catching newts.

We went to a woodland where you can park up, cross the road and wonder around a load of public footpaths which have rather land ponds accompanying them. I'd never been there before but it was lovely, and newting itself was actually really easy.. You literally.. As you can see here.. Drag the net through the water, sometimes grazing the ground to disturb some little lovelies who then end up in the net and in the bucket to admire before release.


If I do say so myself, I am looking rather fetching donning my shorts for the first time in 2015! I did have a little bit of a boo boo.. Right where I am now, you can't see it but.. There was a little groove in the ground that was full of pond water and mud, and someone came up behind me and asked me to look at something.. I just stepped back straight into it and ended up with a nice wet foot, lucky the weather dried it out quick and mud just rubbed off so there was no harm down. Just a little shock of cold water on a Sunday afternoon. I think in all we ended up getting about 10-15 newts such as this little fellow/lady..


I can never tell with newts if they are scared of us or not because a lot of them were quite happy to just sit in my hands, possibly because they were in the lovely warm sun. But with other creatures, they'l actively try to get away from you if they can - even when we poured the water out the bucket to let them go they just sat with us for a while until we ushered them on away from some evil looking ants. I like to think they are friendly, super clumsy though. They just walked even to the edge of your hand which would mean them falling off without you making a treadmill with your hands.

A nice couple with a pair of dogs turned up, some sort of Springer (dog one) cross and a little Jack Russell (dog two). The male owner literally just pointed at the water, and dog one would be off, swimming and jumping around the reeds, trying to use them to run off of so it could get to the ducks as fast a dogily possible. The other one would sort of.. Walk into a shallow but and not be sure, and ran around trying different bits.. And then decided to come to the shallow water in front of us.. He then proceeded to splash with his front paws, biting at the water which he kicked up. It is fair to see ourselves and the owners all shared some bewildered looks because it literally made no sense at all.. Dog two was more than happy however to disappear off into some thick bushes and what not nose first.

Day 650
Which leads us around to the last day, today. Of course. Being a Monday, I of course had work and once back had a visitor around for the majority of the evening. We spent most of the time wandering around town and went off to the park which I spoke about last weekend where we enjoyed a cheeky McDonalds. We felt a little bit bad because to get to the park you have to walk past a gym and fitness bar.. And then there was a running club on the main path at the entrance.. And there we were with our Monopoly stickers.. We had a wonder through the tree top walkway.. Had a little play on the obstacle courses - which I can't really take part in anymore. The paths where you have to stand on the chains and balance I can't do as I end up making the chain and my feet touch the ground so.. It removes all excitement.

There was also a zip line..


Which you can see I very elegantly straddled. I always remember using these when I was younger with my Dad, and he would throw you away form the platform with some force, and didn't loose much speed coming up the brakes on the other end, you'd end up flying towards the sky before you knew it! My brother was on one the other day, and it was really for kids.. He ended up with a little grass stain on his posterior.

We also caught our guest up with Britain's Got Talent which we had recorded and watched on Sunday. We were able to just show him the ones he needed to see, like the dog who hated Ant and constantly ran barking and sliding all around him. The dog who clearly had some sort of muzzle on his face with a fake jaw that opened to make it look like he was singing or speaking - I like to think the judges noticed this because we thought it was a bit mean despite enjoying it.. And also the brother and sister singers.. The girl got destroyed by the comments to be honest, all being pretty negative.. The brother who had been introduced to singing by the sister then got the golden buzzer! How bittersweet a way to get it.. Their parents aren't going to enjoy having them at home I can tell you that much now..

I can honestly say.. This here must be the longest post I have ever done and I am mighty proud of it if I do say so myself! But it is late and I have work tomorrow so I shall let you get on. Thanks for reading, head back up the top of the page to check out my other stuff, easy buttons on the right hand side.
Blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment