Sunday 19 April 2015

A Little Taste of Summer

Right now, we're watching Britain's Got Talent. I must say, I really do love having the ability to record TV, for me it is quite a new concept because I have never had Sky, Virgin or BT TV what we have at the moment. Whilst I never missed out on any programmes thanks to catch up TV, being able to fast forward through the adverts is much nicer.. Makes something that is an hour and a half long, only an hour. Gets your through more TV! Watching this, you can't help but laugh at some of the acts and when I think about it.. It makes me feel quite bad because some of them may genuinely think they were in with a chance, moral conflicts eh?

Little spoiler here.. The dance group that got the gold buzzer on the show today - were very good. I can't help but think that despite they get all the way through to the live shows, it is a bit of hinderance. You get to follow the other people through the rounds and then into the live shows, so they are in your mind. You don't necessarily remember them so to say, despite them being very good acts. Just a thought.

The world of the internet is a very strange place, as I am getting more involved with Blogging - and by that I mean more serious. When I started this I was very 'into it' and then honestly, my passion sort of dwindled. Since November last year, something rekindled it and ask you can see since then, my posts have more substance and feeling and I feel like it has paid off. My views peaked, my enjoyment peaked and still is. It is always a really nice feeling when you step away from it for a couple of days,
come back and log in.. And there is just a boat load of views sitting there that you didn't expect. Today for example, 219 views!? It is one of them strange things, I want to know why because there is no rhyme or reason that suggests to me why. I like to think part of it is getting more involved in the Google+ community as I never really realised how powerful a tool it really is. Plus it makes sense as Blogger is a Google product. It is also really nice to look at other blogs and what they do, I did this anyway but I never really mentioned it thinking about it.

Saying that, I have a little confession to make. I am currently looking into Wordpress as I have been told that it is a more powerful Blogging tool just with the things you can do with it. Also because a friend actually showed me how cheap it would be to get a domain of my own, so a site without the 'blogspot' or 'wordpress' in the address. I am currently playing around with it at the moment, the site is, of course, www.matttalkslife.wordpress.com but there isn't any content on there - and if there is it'll just be me playing with the posting tools. You can integrate feeds and what not so, it shall be interesting. See where it goes. Obviously you'll know if I decide to - kind of the idea of this whole shin dig. What I also feel like I need to do, is create an image or something along those lines, that I want to keep, a familiarity to the page. For example, I would like to start making my own graphics to have on the page, I have Gimp handy with some experience of using it before so I could make some interesting stuff from that, I am also thinking about adding a border to the images I add for the daily pictures, just a little change but hopefully one day, if someone sees it, they'll know where it has come from.

Day 653
Talking of these daily pictures, I should get into them right about now me thinks, as I have three to share with you. I have already mentioned Munchkins recently and me and Amy played three games of it today, to ashamedly, I lost all three. The ironic thing is I lost to someone who was convinced the didn't know how the game worked, it definitely felt like it did! This is one of the things I really enjoy about the game though, even if you loose, you still enjoy it because of the game mechanics, lack of rules and complete randomness you get from the draws; keeps it fresh and every round different.


By the way, heres the first little border thing and now I see it on here - I missed a bit down the right hand side but.. Gimp is strange as there is no straight line tool per say, you have to click once, hold control and then click again to draw a straight line which would work much better if you could tell when it was straight and stuff.. But my little face is up there in the corner with the day number as well. Shall have to see how it goes, you're along for the ride in terms of testing!

But as you can see here, Amy set up a little barricade with the box on and candles as she likes to lay her hand out in front of her so she can see them all at once. Looking at it, I was surprised I lost as I had a lot of equipped on my zombie at the time.. Then again I think this is the game where I was winning and then a swap level curse kicked in and made me loose.. A single card can swing the entire tide of battle. I still find it strange that this simple game is £20 and there are so many expansions and different versions that I'd assume it can rake in a fair profit. Plus it is inspiring to make your own versions and play, maybe based around your job or world events and stuff.

Day 654
Now, I say a taste of Summer as my friend invited everyone round to have a BBQ which was quite fitting as the weather today has generally been nice, no complaints there apart from the odd brisk breeze. We headed along to Tesco to get some bits, frozen burgers and buns - as you do. The BBQ itself was really good, the one I usually use has a cold spot for some reason that never seems to quite get up to the same temperature whereas this one was good all over. There were burgers (obviously), sausages, chipolatas, pork chops, onions and even some halloumi cheese which tastes awesome when cooked/BBQ'd. A BBQ is also a calling for some plastic cheese, as we like to call it. The ready packed slices which you can just slap in the bun, I wonder what other people call them..

They had a set of utensils which had really long handles made of wood, and they were really useful because you can stay out of the heat and really work the food around the grill. I know it sounds odd but I tend to judge my own cooking ability on how well I can work a BBQ because there are no timers, no guides - just you sort of knowing/guessing when something is done. Usually when I cook on a BBQ, I cut open the food to make sure it is all done where as today I just had a feeling it was and popped it on the wrack - saying this, I will really know if it was as successful tomorrow really once everyone feels okay - ideally.

We then set up camp in a little gazebo/hut type thing which had a big table, heater and cushioned seats. That is when it was later on in the day, and getting dark and cold.. Which is why I say a taste of Summer, the night time still has that sneaky bite which gets us whilst we are all in feeling Summery. Amy was pretty chilly so the host gave her his big coat from indoors, and then it happened - like the dress. You know the one that no one could decide on it's true colours? It happened - take a look for yourself!


The left hand side is the coats true colour, which we took a picture of with the flash on. The right however is the coat inside the little hut, under that light. It changes from green to red, maybe a mauve depending on your eye balls. It just feels really strange to witness it first hand, because of the craze that was caused by that one dress photo. The thing is, with pictures, the camera doesn't really lie I guess. If you were to use a colour swab, the left would be green and the right red. It is just one of them strange science things that makes sense but doesn't all at the same time.

Day 655
As with all BBQ's comes beverages of many sorts. I just stuck to the soft drinks as I drove there, Pepsi out of a plastic cocktail glass because I am a classy guy, what what. As we had stopped in at Tesco the other day, Amy had her eye on a new bottle of wine which has just been released by Echo Hills. Back in my time working in a shop, where I primarily worked wines, I always found this brand sold well so I was expecting it to be fine - I even had a little tipple myself and quite enjoyed it! At room temperature though so.. Whites are supposed to be chilled and then that's when I don't like it..


I know it sounds silly but the thing that attracted us to the bottle was it was really shiny - I don't think you'll be able to make it out in the picture so much as the flash just took most of it away but, it had like a holographic foil on it like a rare Pokemon card would. It needed it though because it was on the bottom shelf - and marketing research shows that the best selling products do best when at about shoulder height, the height where you can just reach out and grab it without too much effort. I am not sure if this would apply to wine, I always see people wandering the aisles saying "lets try this one today." I think that is one reason I don't like wine - there is far too much of it to try and then if you don't like it, you have a bottle of wasted pop. This one was white peach and mango, you can't quite make the full name out on the label but.. It was nice. Don't take my word for it, I prefer cider and would shout Rekorderlig from the rooftops.

And all of this has led to here, watching BGT and posting late in the morning. Partially because I fell asleep typing this post and have a lovely mark on my arm and face thanks to it. I'm off to bed now, but have a lovely night internet.

Check out my social medias on the top right hand side of this page, send me an email too at matttalkslife@gmail.com, your emails can be published on this page if you'd like. Blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment