Monday 27 April 2015

Adventure, Weekend, Loot

Hello there people of the internet. If feels like it has been a while - probably because it has. I know it seems silly, but I have to actually look back at my most recent post to see where I got up to because I honestly can't remember my life. That is one of the reasons I started the blog because I always found it hard to remember when I did things so having it all done in black and white with a nice picture to kick the memory back into gear - tis a wonderful thing. So where was I? Oh yes - Friday.

Day 661
So Friday I actually booked off work, me and Amy then had a little adventure to Chessington, World of Adventures. Despite this theme park being clearly aimed at a much younger audience, we really like it there. I like it because it has animals, and any where that has a mix of rides and animals will climb my list of things I like pretty quickly. The penguins had a new enclosure to swim around in, when we got there the display had literally just finished.  We got there around midday as we were thinking, being a week day, it wouldn't be too busy no matter what time we went and we were spot on! There were literally no queue times all day so you could just get on any ride you wanted, and when there was no queue, stay on.

I always remember this place being my favourite as it was one of the first I went to and love Vampire. Now I have gotten a bit older and enjoy the more thrilling rides, I must say Thorpe Park probably is my favourite.. I have a feeling Alton Towers would top it but being so far away, means I have only ever been there once. Would love to go again with queue times like Friday - that would be amazing.


We had a ride on the little ferris wheel they had there, the lady letting people on was kind enough to take a picture of us both as we had just sat down and it goes something like this..


You may notice I haven't included the border, I wasn't too happy with it over all. Amy has suggested added the logo in with the day number as like a watermark which I think I will try - right now I am tinkering but wanted to get this post and up and running.

We then had a wonder around to Cobra - and I feel like I have been missing this entire section of the park. I have never been on Cobra itself, nor the Monkey Swing which was next to it, and I honestly have no idea why it had been the case until now. I had never even seen it so we waited to watch it go once before getting on so we knew what we were in for. It was a really strange sensation, because it basically spins around and slides up and down these series of humps.. Youtube it, it'll make a lot more sense than that description; but the movements all together at once really sometimes made it feel like you weren't moving. The seats were very uncomfortable, especially as you are held in by a backward bar and if you breathed in a little when it locked, you were stuck like that until the ride finished - which I found out first hand. It is a very unique ride though, never seen another like it.. I have a feeling the uncomfortable seats might be why!

We did manage to catch the penguin show thing, which is basically them feeding the penguins and talking about stuff they do with the kids.. We turned up a little bit late which I was fine with - because they all got told to stand up and waddle and do penguin orientated things. One did waddle over to the glass where we were standing and a bit of a fight with the slope getting out and then just looked at us.. As they do. Penguins. After that, we did one last thing..

Day 662
Which was have a wonder around the sea life centre. I really can't remember if we have been around this one before, I know when we had our passes last time we spammed visiting the London aquarium; this one being a lot smaller, I would feel like I would've remember'd it but I didn't. Which was nice. They had a Nemo tank with all the characters - well fish. A jell fish tank literally full of them, they were all floating upside down at the bottom of the enclosure which I found odd but yet oddly satisfying. There were also some very friendly manta rays such as this little fella' here.


This one and another, just sorted of floated around on the surface staring at me and I wasn't too sure why - mainly because I don't know a lot about manta rays. I can only assume they might've thought I was one of the animal handlers come to feed them? I know people say animals are stupid - but they definitely seem to know where their food is coming from.

After that we headed home, freshened up and then headed out again for a BBQ with friends again, as the host couldn't make it to the last one. I must admit, I spend a lot of the night eating snacks, meat and playing with the on site entertainment - a cat called Sidney and a dog called Snoop. It wouldn't have been so bad if the cat hadn't decided to moult all over me, and being a ginger one, it showed up pretty darn well also.

Saturday, we spent catching up on TV, for example, watching the final of Masterchef. I am not surprised that Simon won in the slightest as much as I wanted the other dude to, Tony. His food was always on point in looks and taste - from what they told us. He was always on time, helped out and from his little story, had wanted it for ages. I know this'll sound mean but I really didn't want the woman to win because she already has a successful business so she doesn't need to be a chef as well.

Right now - Britain's Got Talent - that hypno dog. Was it real? Because the people were, from what we can tell, random from the audience - then again they were picked out by the contestant.. And it didn't work on Simon Cowell.. Then again it did work on Ant and Dec as far as we know. It is being thrown around a lot that it was scripted that they wouldn't be able to count and that Simon would be nice to some of the more.. Eccentric acts and then fall asleep. I don't know honestly, and I would want it to be true because that would be awesome. Then again, there isn't a lot more you can do with it than what she already has - make them do funny stuff, it is an act which will get through but will have no progression.. Which is a shame. Or I might be lying.

Day 663
Well.. This picture here, in itself, will provide two days worth of blog without fail. I know you'll have already seen the picture and kept reading by this point but LOOT!


Honestly this feels like a long time coming because I should've received one of these last month but for whatever reason the postman seems to have been very unkind. So unkind, in fact, that I am going to need to complain!

I asked for it to be redelivered on a day I knew that someone would be available to sign for it, and it never turned up. Yet when I queried it, they said someone had signed for it - which no one had. We then missed the next crate for the following month, luckily my sister was heading over to where the sorting office was and collected it for me - and ended up with both. Despite them being pretty sure they didn't have it and that we had signed for it. It had return stickers sitting on it, as if they weren't planning on getting it out to us at all, but to ship it back again! Which would be ridiculous as that is America. Don't you worry my Loot crates, I have you now. One had a crown in by the way if you didn't guess. Inflatable.

So, the other post I am currently working on, chances are will be pretty large. Dante's Inferno is very rich in history over all as is the Divine Comedy itself, I might have to lay it out a little differently to make it more appealing to look at because the story itself is large enough as it is.. I shall see what happens. Be ready for it. For now, goodnight and farewell, blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment