Thursday 14 May 2015

The Animals

Hello, hello, hello. I am probably going to take far too long to write this post because I am super distracted by something - which I will talk about of course, right now. Like, now, right now.

Day 678
So the title of this post is part of the song lyrics to the Netflix series Orange Is The New Black, which is something Amy watched over the last month or so.. And raved about it. I wasn't too interested at first but Amy managed to talk me into watching it and it turns out that we have watched the entire first series - first time round for me, second for Amy - this week. Right now, we are watching the last episode of the first series because I couldn't wait until tomorrow.. Or the weekend to find out what happened! Plus it feels like a fresh slate to start the second series at some point.. I think I am going to have withdrawal symptoms when I have to wait for the third season..


I find it so interesting, because you have no idea if this is actually what it is like in a prison. I guess you always hear the stories or see the programmes that look at the lives of prisoners and it is scary. There is no other way to put it - and drama. Yes, the guards are in charge but at the same time, there are prison politics, like Red being 'in charge' of all the girls and looking after them and finding ways to get them the comforts the shop can't provide. I also find the character interactions interesting how
people change, and do things they would never have thought to do just to get along and survive. It is just so awesome, and addictive to watch. At the same time it is slightly confusing because they are making you empathise with the inmates, some of which have been portrayed to have done bad things. I guess it raises the point of them still being people, because otherwise they are portrayed as being treated like less than human, nearly like caged animals. Prison is there to change people, make them ready for the outside world again and keep them out of trouble but I guess it is all conflicting.

I would definitely recommend watching it, and in the essence of keeping my blog 'PG' and not spoiling anything, I won't divulge anything. The program is an 18 and some things in it which I would say are not for people that are easily discouraged.. There are some adult scenes - I think that is the appropriate way to put it anyway. Do give it a chance though, the first couple of episodes were testing the waters quite a lot but it really gets into it's stride and becomes a staple of your day. Well, for us, a three to four hour staple.. Hence getting through it in a week.. Ahem.

So what else have I been up to? I can honestly say not a lot, because that has really taken up a lot of the evening time as I am on an earlier shift so earlier to bed.. The circle of life. Well, I have been up to other stuff. I guess I'll tell you.

Day 679
This one has spanned over the last couple of days - a hunt for new shoes. No, I am not a lady - it's just my current long serving shoes have had a bit of a boo boo and it isn't the type you can fix.. The weirdest thing is I have literally no idea how it happened and I think you'll see why if you have a quick glance down..


It would appear that my shoes has decided that enough is enough and that I am to no longer walk on them. Accept I am - I can't feel it so it isn't uncomfortable, I am pretty sure when I walk it seals itself so it is water tight as I walked home after todays lovely downpours and didn't get wet socks.. I just really don't see how it happened. I mean, I know it has split across where the sole bends as you walk - makes perfect sense - it just happened out of no where. I saw the split on the side of the sole and checked and was very confused when confronted by this.. The reason I call it a hunt for shoes is currently everywhere I have checked appears to be out of my size for some reason.

I have tried Asda Living which had some that I could get my foot into but I was standing on the side of the shoe.. I have wide feet. TK Max is always hit and miss because they get the random left over stock and just chuck it out.. The stuff in my size had the really pointy ends which I would get annoyed with and also the mouth at the top gaped with my foot in so it would fill up with rain water. I could get some goldfish but you know.. No thanks. Primark and Tesco didn't have any in my size. What is a man to do? Apart from use them anyway because they still function as their desired purpose.. They have done me well though, lasted well over two years I am pretty sure and that is good enough for me.

Whilst on this hunt, with my parents, we went to buy bits of the cats. They did want two separate beds, the igloo ones so they can climb in and be all cosy. We decided to instead get like a mini cat condo - it is made of bamboo and is pretty much cat bunk beds - because it is friggin' awesome. The cats come together so we are assuming they will be happy to share a bed? If this counts as sharing. Knowing cats, you'll be nice and get them enough stuff for one each and they'll sleep in the same place anyway. We shall see.

Day 680
I really like the sound of rain - I can hear it right now. It is quite merrily making its way down the windows and pattering on the floors. I really enjoy thunderstorms - I am so sure I said that before. Mainly because I remember the day I was lucky enough to manage to get a snap of the lightning as it struck and shared it with you all. I can't remember what day that was but.. I shall have to find it.

Completely unrelated not either way - we went for a walk along the river just to get out and about for a bit, some exercise. Walking is as good as running, running assists with your cardio - I have been told anyway. Spring time is awesome because you get to see little baby animals - we saw what I can only assume to be a toddler goose because it was pretty large - about the size of a duck, but small for a goose of course.


I can't really describe which is the little goose in the picture.. Slightly left off of the centre, the one that is the size of a duck but isn't. Some of you will know. I stopped to take this picture as they were all pretty happy, a little flock of pigeons landed and began bowling up to them like we were about to witness some sort of crazy gang fight. And then a couple came along and got really close and I thought they were going to scare them all away before I got my picture.. Turns out they were actually there to feed them so.. If anything they helped me get this picture - thank you random strangers, you know who you are.

I think the best part about feeding ducks is just after you start, when the ones on the other side of the pond or the river see what you are doing. And they know that means food. So they fly over and land in the water quite brashly and swim quickly to get to it as soon as possible. Even then they have to win the fight to get that tiny morsel of bread. It is like the hunger games. I also like watching birds have a bath because it is funny. Just saying.

Day 681
So this last picture is in relation to a newly released trailer. For Minions movie which is out this Summer. It is going to be epic - I think it is an interesting choice to give them their own like.. Origin story because I think it would have been a mistake to make a third instalment in the series. Don't get me wrong, it probably would have still been enjoyable but sometimes they just need to know when to move on - as they have.


The trailer shows some more of the shenanigans they have been up to before Gru and the girls, and also give us an idea of what the film with have within it. For example, they are after the crown jewels and the corgi's will be involved. I know this'll sound odd but this sort of resonates with me on the same level as Mr Bean, because the main characters of this film aren't going to speak in a sense that we can understand. We will easily get the idea but they won't just come out and say it. The new trailer is on the IMDB homepage if you want to check it out.

Another one on there is the Supergirl first look teaser trailer type thing.. And I knew this was like eventually going to happen but I don't really think I am going to be a big fan of it or anything.. I always felt like it was a bit of a cliche that his relative survived the destruction of the planet and just so happens to have a matching customer with the S icon representing hope.. Is that just me who finds that weird? Watch Mojo on Youtube released a video the other day with the top 10 superhero movie cliches and I feel like this has a lot of them. Then again, the majority of superhero films these days are coming out of the DC and Marvel comics universe, and if it is tried and tested then why would they change the formula. It is clearly still working with the box office sales so.. Let it continue I guess?

I shall leave it here for now folks, hope you enjoyed this little catch up session here. Please let me know what you think, have a little look around on my other social medias available up the top on the left - I am a lot more active on Google+ now I have the app. Blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment