Wednesday 10 June 2015

Rainbow Roses

Don't worry, you'll find out.

First - I feel a little bit of an outrage coming over me. The Simpsons, maybe one of the staples of TV, it has been around for ages, and now they decide to do this!
http://news.sky.com/story/1499626/anger-as-homer-and-marge-to-legally-separate
Even without clicking on the link to the page, you can see it in the title. Apparently they are planning to or have already split up Marge and Homer in The Simpsons! I personally don't like this because it is called The Simpsons, it is about them being a family unit, especially after 25 seasons! They are splitting up because of strain on the marriage because Homer has narcolepsy which is quite obvious in terms of what has happened in the previous episodes but to introduce it now as a reason to stop it.. Pfft, I just don't understand it. To me, I see it as a publicity stunt to attract attention to the show but the majority of responses I have seen have said - why not just end the show? It has had a good run, making a change like this now is more suited to like a soap opera.. I expect something like that from Eastenders. At the same time, I am not too bothered because I don't watch it because it is all on Sky now. Sort of makes my opinion obsolete but hey - it's the internet.

Day 706
So I mentioned that we went and saw Spy on Friday. We left really early for the showing because I was on a late shift so, we knew we were going to hit traffic - and my oh my we did, we were sitting on the same road for about 30 minutes just crawling up it.. Two cars had also broken down which didn't really help in the grand scheme of things. Due to this, we ate and then had a little wonder down by the river which is next to the river and of course, a selfie was incurred by Amy. And it goes like this - filter and all.



I was quite happy as I was in my turtle shirt and also had just finished of a Miami burger from McDonalds. Wasn't that amazing but it was good enough for me. The river here is really wide, and has loads of boats moored so it is quite nice to look at, and there is a big marshy area there when the tide is out so birds have a nice little wonder around there on the odd occasion. Good all around. I think the next film we are going to see will be The Longest Ride and also Inside Out - another couple to add to our list. We have a list.

Day 707
So I mentioned a couple of new additions that we got from the boot fair so.. Here they are!


 Two new Sitches! We were just wondering through the fair, table by table and we came to this one which had a big range of toys and cuddly toys - these two little fellows were sitting right at the front and the man only wanted 50p for each of them. A little girl picked one up.. And then put it down, then my Mum swiped them both up and passed the pound over to finish it all off and we made our way to the next table. I already have one of these, they come out of a mug and he usually sits in it but these two were on their own. Kind of glad because the mug is huge and I don't have the room to put them anyway.. I will have a huge collection one day.

So I am making steady progress with my book, and by that I mean, I try to add a little bit everyday just so it doesn't go stale in my mind. I think that is the problem I used to have, the idea would be fresh and exciting, but as you carry on the work it sort of dries up because you've got your ideas down on paper - and then you need more. A book isn't a single event with a bit of filler to beef it out between the pages - it is a series of events that has peaks and troughs with character development and forces feelings on the reader without them even realising it. I hope I can live up to that expectation because reading that back I feel like I have set myself a big task.

I haven't forgot about the blog, I know I am not sharing it online as much any more but I've got a lot of things on the burner at the moment. I am trying to balance this with the Story Behind series and also the book. Right now, I have shifted my attention onto the ideas and research for my book at the moment because I want it to be legitimate. Whilst the story itself will be fictional, I want the framework of to, the history and the tradition to be accurate. I want to build a fantasy world inside what is already real so it is more believable. Then again, I really want to know more about Dante's Inferno, still got a good coupe of parts to come from that yet.. Oh the choices.

Day 708
Yesterday, we fancied a little trip over to the Dockside Outlet centre to go to Creams. I will be honest, it did not go well at all in the sense that.. It was closed.. It would appear they are extending it which is great, shows it is doing really well but it said no where online that it was closed so obviously you can imagine we were quite disappointed. We then decided to have a trip over to Bluewater instead where we saw these..


I honestly they thought they were fake but it turns out these are real, and I have literally no idea how they have managed to do it.. I think I will be having a Google it because I like knowing stuff. As you can see they are clearly quite expensive so I assume it means they are hard to grow. I don't remember the flower stool being there before, it seems to have popped up under one of the escalators.

Because we missed out on Creams we had a Zizzi's instead because the one at Bluewater is probably one of the best, in terms of service. They are also wondering around asking if you are good and stuff and food is always done really quickly. I think what I need to find is my 'go to' thing on their menu as I tend to dot around and try different things which is nice. At the same time, when you can't decide it would be nice to just know you have one thing to pick which you will love either way.

Right now? I am watching Peter Griffin fight the chicken. Not seen this one before to be honest so I shall enjoy. Blog you later!

2 comments:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    cash for cars gympie
    cash for cars ipswich

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you sell your old scrap car to Cash For Cars Brisbane, we come to your location to remove the vehicle at no cost. All removal fees are waived, and before we load the vehicle, you have cash in your pocket. We are the car removal company that buys any make and condition of a car- Ford, Holden, Isuzu, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, or something else. Our top-of-a-line car wrecking facility allows us to recycle scrap metal in an eco-friendly way.

    ReplyDelete