Monday 1 June 2015

Stumbling Along

Good evening, peoples and animals of the internet - because no one knows you are an animal on the internet..

So it has been a while, again. I am trying to spend my time looking into things that I find interesting and share them with you, so it is like a little snap shot of my brain projected onto the internet because why not? Of course, I will share the bits and bobs of my life, because I like to share that and have it to look back on. At the same time, we are fast forwarding through the majority of the Britain's Got Talent Final because we know who won but.. Want to watch some of the acts in the final.

So what I have today, is a collection of eight random websites all with a little bit of interest to me which I quite literally - Stumbled Upon. This website, once you have signed up, asks you to pick a load of different interests, and then you press Stumble. What you then get, is a randomly picked internet page for you to have a look at. I must say, so far 90% of the pages have been enjoyable for me to look at, and it gives a thumbs up and thumbs down option so it can further filter down the content it provides you, so it forever more becomes personalised to you. So - let me show what I found.

Day 694
So the first one, is a BBC page called your life on Earth:
www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141016-your-life-on-earth?ocid
Much to my surprise it appears this webpage has actually been around for a while and I just seemed to miss it for some reason.. Because when I mentioned it to Amy in all of my excited-ness - she had already seen it. You put in some information, and it then gives you a history of Earth which fits inside your lifetime.



For example, in my lifetime, an animal called a Squat Lobster was discovered and have technically survived 104 major eruptions. I say technically because I wasn't in their immediate vicinity but.. I have then survived them. I am even three years older than a city in Florida called Celebration - which I quite enjoy. I have a feeling that is something to do with Disney because I remember seeing something sign posted about it when we were there last year. Then again - I could be making that up. It is pretty interesting, and the best thing is you can put in any date that you want to be fair, and just get random facts generated. Cool eh? Moving on..

We have this YouTube video here which is about something called Lily which is a smart camera drone thing:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YLxGFLpOl0
It is amazing, it flies when you throw it, and then follows you around. So it is a great tool for people who do things like shown in the video. Such as snowboarding, kayaking - I think it would be great to get a different angle on skateboarding. Whilst a GoPro gives you a first person view on what you are doing - this gives you a view which includes your surroundings which I would find much more impressive, personally. It also lets you capture special moments with family, once again as demonstrated in the video. Of course, a piece of kit like this is quite pricy and when on sale for general retail will set you back $999.. But pre-ordered, the price is $499 which is really not that bad. Delivery is extra but.. For me it would obviously cost a lot more not being in America - I would probably have to get someone else to buy it and ship and pay them for the hassle etc. and I have no real need for one - but you might.

This next one is series of posts from Tumblr of random things that happened on the internet, some of them might not be to everyones taste but I can distinctly remember reading through and laughing - probably more than I should've:
www.buzzfeed.com/floperry/the-most-wtf-things-that-have-ever-happened-on-tumblr?bffb
It has some random things including a peeled lemon - looks weird. I don't feel like I need to explain a lot of this.. Just look, it is pretty self explanatory in all fairness.

Day 695
This next website is a gallery of 'Fractal World' art which to me is basically a huge collection of things I would be quite happy to have as a background for anything - to be specific:
www.enchgallery.com/fractals/fractalpages/crackle.htm


This screen shot here is actually a snap of one of the gallery pages, of course you can click on an image and have a proper look at it. I have always wanted to be able to make things like this in Photoshop and used to spend a lot of time playing around with it to see what I could make. These ones are actually flames which are actually generated via an algorithm. Looks like there is a whole internet sub culture surrounding this as it is a piece of open software so free to use. If that looks like your type of thing, have a look. There is a lot of information on the FAQ page as well.

Now, I really love things that can't be explained. Well, sort of. I like the part where I try and work out what or how it happened in my head but then at the same time afterwards, hate not knowing. This next page is a series of ten images with things that have not and probably will not ever be explained:
xciteviral.com/no-one-has-been-able-to-explain-what-happened-in-these-10-odd-imagegraphs
I think my favourite of the images is the astronaut because it is clearly there, it is confirmed that there was no tampering and there was no one there. Of course, there could be a simple explanation that they were just saying that no one was there but - pfft. Who knows, I sure would like to!

This one wasn't actually generated from Stumble On, someone passed it on to me because for one reason or another we were talking about cats, and how they rule the internet - and of course that means there are websites likes this which are just about cat stories:
http://lovemeow.com/
I really like cats. There are so many random things on here, ranging from cute pictures to rescue stories. They are always nice because you get a before and after type thing to see how they have gotten better since being saved. CATS OUT.

I would now like to share with you 'Here is today' which is really quite.. Odd?
hereistoday.com/
It is basically a perspective tool which puts today - into perspective. It slowly works its way back through weeks, months, years, decades and so on and so forth. It really makes you look at today and then go on to realise how small it is on the grand scale of things. It also gives you different things to compare it against but very quickly, today just becomes a little slither on the diagram. Humanity really hasn't been around that long either..

Day 696
I really, really, really like this website:
www.pica-pic.com
It is an online archive of old hand held games which are interactive in terms of you being able to play them.


This one here for example is The Terminator. I will admit, they are pretty hard to play because I don't really understand the mapping they have used.. It maps to keys on your keyboard obviously but not in the most comfortable ways and I haven't had a lot of success with them.. I remember having some of these - and also not being very good at them.. There are high scores on the websites and stuff so I would recommend it, even for that little nudge of nostalgia.

So yeah, there it all is for you to read. Now lets have a chat about some other stuff - and by that I mean stuff about me. Ha.

So, I can remember Thursday - I know that sounds bad. I do find it hard though recalling days gone by.. We had a little trip over to Bluewater as a friend had told me a much faster way to get there from where we are now - what we had been doing before is basically driving back to my parents and then going on from there, turns out that was a waste of time.. We prefer to go when I finish earlier so that it isn't as busy when we get there, makes it a little bit less of a fuss. I hate crowds. Amy bought some wool as she is continuing to learn crochet, eventually I will have some of her work to show off to you! We had a look around the Disney shop and there were four different Stitch cuddly toys.. Two of which were the different sized Tsum's that I don't have - the medium and large. They also just had a normal one sitting with his arms out, there was also another with him in his little space suit like at the start of the film. AWESOME.

We also had La Tasca as the tapas actually works out pretty cheap compared to a lot of other Tastecard venues. Each dish is under £5 generally - the ones we like are anyway and are all two for one. They recommend three each so it usually works out to £15 then if you include any drinks etc.. Pretty good value all around. It makes me wonder though, because I know I am there because of my card otherwise I wouldn't be too interested, but on the way out I saw a table who had about five items each - I don't know if they have a taste card but with the wine and stuff.. That was going to be a bill of at least £30-60! Ouch..

Day 697
We have of course been up to see the cats because they are so lovely. They have been to the vets for a check up and all is well, the vet also thinks they're both the same age too, around the eight and a half year mark so Gracey isn't as old as we thought - which is great. Bella appears to be a little mischief maker, climbing on the work tops and into places were she can. Today for example, she disappeared behind the TV cabinet in with all the wires - luckily she didn't do anything and came straight out. I can imagine it being nice in there though, pretty warm from all the electrical heat.


They have now got their collars on with the safety details and stuff in, also they have little bells and tags which my sister ordered form the internet - they have their names engraved onto them so that strangers can aimlessly call after them once they've decided they aren't that interesting. Speedy never had a bell, so he would just appear out of no where - with these two we now know exactly where they both are. This is useful because being black, Speedy was stepped on on the odd occasion in the dark but he was fine, nothing that an hours worth of fusses and a treat can't sort out. Bella loves my Mum the most, sits on her lap. Gracey appears to love Amy the most, she follows her around and paws the door she just walked through - give it time. I shall have a cats affections.

Yesterday we went and saw Man Up which I really wanted to watch just because Simon Pegg was in it. I really like him as an actor, he his this odd quality about him which works with all of the roles he plays in. I first watched him in Sean of the Dead and then carried on with the rest of the Cornetto trilogy - which are great. We caught quite a late showing, about 21:10. We were out just on 23:00 as the film was not very long, about and hour and 20 minutes - but I really enjoyed it. I am pretty sure I enjoyed it more than Amy but at the same time the whole cinema was laughing along with it. For me, it was a happy, feel-good love story which would be great for a date - if anyone needs any ideas - sorted. Amy also got me a lemon slushy type drink which I very much enjoyed. I love the taste of lemon - we are going to try and make our own so I can gave them whenever.. I am so excited.

Day 698
Last but not least - definitely not least - by any chance is a picture of my tea from today. I honestly wasn't planning on taking it but the friends I was with said I should take a picture of it didn't happen.. So here it is - the 'I want it all' platter from The Harvester.


I've got to be honest, it was a bit of a bargain. It had chips, coleslaw, piri piri sauce, tomato salsa, gammon, half a chicken, a piece of chorizo sausage, rips, pineapple and also a pepper which was really nice but cannot remember the name.. It was a sweet one beginning with a K. All of this was only £12.99 and I honestly didn't think it would be that much food for the price - value for money eh? It was all very tasty, chicken was a little dry and coleslaw was warm so I can only assume it was left in a warming area so it didn't go cold whilst all the dishes were prepared but I was most definitely satisfied. They also have drinks fountains which have a selection of drinks such as Pepsi and all it's forms but you can then add a flavouring like lime or cherry, it is pretty cool. For a drinks dispenser anyway that is..

Well, thanks again for taking the time to read my page - it means a lot. I am going to sleep now - well once I have pressed Publish and popped the laptop on the floor.. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment