Tuesday 16 June 2015

You've Got Time

The title is with reference to the intro music for Orange is the New Black because.. I feel like it is talking to me, because I do have time. To watch season three, which is what I will be accompanied by during this blog post. I currently have mixed reviews, that the season peaks towards the end and the build up is a bit.. Slow. I guess it is just setting the scene but it has already been confirmed for season four so it must be good.

I really need to finish Daredevil as well, I keep forgetting to watch it and I have no excuse because I can just watch it on my phone. It is literally at my finger tips. Then again, I know if I am prolonging it then the second season won't seem so far away.. I think this is the only problem with Netflix series, it being available causes serious cases of binge watching, and it is contagious. I know many people who have been affected by this epidemic.

So it has been five days since I last spoke to you all here, so let us get on shall we. I have plenty to talk about. I shall start with Friday, when I went to a Thing - it is literally a thing. It is called a thing, and it is basically a work do where we go play pool. The simple things in life are nice. We went to a sports bar called Riley's and it turns out there are loads of them everywhere which I did not know but they have pretty good deals so look them up if you want to play pool. For example, £10 for 2 hours, membership and a drink or £20 gets you four drinks. I have a pool/snooker cue somewhere but I couldn't find it so I used the 'stock' ones, they served us all well enough.

Day 709
The weekend was all good all around, Saturday we did the menial tasks of shopping for food and all that jazz, luckily it wasn't too busy for a weekend but.. People seem to switch off when they are driving cars and trollies and they just block aisles and swing around everywhere.. It is not so nice.

We had a little wonder around some shops as well in Maidstone and Week Street is still closed because of the fire.. Which I am still finding it hard to get my head around because it just seems like such a strange thing to happen to somewhere you were literally in not a week or so ago. It is on the news and people are constantly complaining about the shops being shut and what not but - at the same time they would be livid if it was opened too early and the building collapsed on them. Just saying. Maybe they just pick selfish people on the news to panda to their own agendas. Make it safe - then let people back. Simple! Sorry if you were one of those people - my opinion is what it is.

I also was lucky enough to play this little game here.


I know this probably won't jump out and tell you exactly what it is - so I shall share. It is a desktop game called Star Wards Armada and it is like a strategy game where you play as the rebels or the imperials. You have ships, and little platoons and you move using speed and the ships manoeuvrability. It is really well polished and well made, the little models are all great quality also and the ships are customisable, and you get expansions and you can play it as a proper tournament game. You win by destroying your opponents ships of course, which have points allocated to them. It was really enjoyable, it is a bit expensive but if that is your type of thing I would recommend it.

We also managed to get Amy to sort of watch Star Wars: A New Hope. What a day.

Day 710
So Sunday we went to see the cats as always, and it is so strange how different their personalities are. Gracey - caught here after a play session with a little ball with bells in loves a play, and a fuss but then just as quickly gives up and flops. Literally. Into this position, it is quite fun to watch.


She does appear to spend a lot of time laying down with her eyes open just staring into space, maybe she is day dreaming about some nice salmon or a field of mice. She will come to you when she wants a fuss, she also had a bit of a moment with Amy where she did her sleeping stance - sticking her neck out - onto Amy's arm as if to say - well you aren't going any where. You are mine now! The cats also ventured outside for the first time on Sunday, they advised to keep them in for a month just to get them used to the house and stuff and know it is home. They had a good sniff around, wandered along the paths and with the flowers. Gracey was more than happy to head back inside, Bella is clearly the more adventurous one..

Day 711
Which quite nicely explains this picture here!


They haven't spend too much time upstairs from what I can tell and as soon as Bella got the opportunity, off she went. She went in the bathroom and had a little climb, she went in the smaller bedroom and disappeared down the side of the bed. In the main bedroom she ended up in cupboard, under the bed, on the desk with an Xbox and eventually in this draw. She was eyeing up the high area of the cupboard which luckily she had no way to get to because she would never have come down! After all the excitement, she found the wash bin and passed out on there for a couple of hours. I hate to think what would happen if she knew there was a loft as well!

We also went to Pizza Express, lovely Tastecard working on a Sunday. We always seem to see the same waiter when we are there and he gave us the exact same table as last time which I am fine with because it is facing the kitchen. It is never the awkward moment when you think it is your food.. Then it isn't.. Because I can see it all happen. Just thought I would chuck that in there.

Day 712
So I have downloaded a couple of new games on to my phone which I think some of you may enjoy, one is called Slayin and looks like this.


It is like an old style arcade game on your phone and you just ran and jump and point your weapon in the right direction and see what happens. It is really fun, you can buy and unlock new characters and skins for the controls. It is of course free because I rarely spend money on a game for my phone, I don't really feel like it is worth it. I did buy Monopoly Plus on the Xbox as well which is really fun, the expansion allows you to custom create your own board which has this 3D cityscape in the middle - completely customisable as well. But you can add your own pictures to the spaces and change the names so it is pretty unique, and has online if you can't find someone to play with because I know for some people the thrill is only ever there once in a while. And another game I downloaded.. Ties on with this..

Day 713
This lovely gentlemen in a Powersuit!


So I am sure many of you will know, E3 is on at the moment and I have also mentioned Fallout 4 which is going to be amazing. If you haven't seen the footage from E3, go and watch it now! They have shown off the new character creation which reminds me of the Sims 4. You can now create your own settlements and fully customise your weapons so you can start with a bog standard laser pistol and end up having a fully automatic LMG laser thing. They kill a load of stuff. Show off how the powersuit - I assume is no longer equipable as you have to physically step into the suit and you end up being slow and have like a jet and can use it to fight deathclaws and stuff.. And you can get in a helicopter and fly around with a minigun - just amazing! I cannot wait, and they even announced it will be out on November 10th. I think I will just disappear into a whole for a week or two.

The limited edition - which I am so tempted by, but at £99 is a stretch.. Comes with a replica Pip-boy3000 which you can put your phone into and use the companion app, which is basically going to allow you to manage your inventory. It will be so awesome. They released a game as well, it is currently only on iOS so get to it. You can make your own vault and people turn up at the entrance and you can pop them into different areas depending on their skills and stuff, it is sort of like Tiny Towers - if you remember or have played that? Just going down into the ground to escape a nuclear disaster rather than building a shopping tower. Same thing, right?

That'll be all for now lovely people of the internet, have a nice time of day applicable to yourself. Blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment