Tuesday 10 November 2015

Pumpkin Juice

I'll just get this out of the way now - I didn't watch any Harry Potter but wanted to carry on with the theme hence the title.. I was very much preoccupied by a little something called Fallout 4.. I'll get to that later.

So I feel pretty comfortable saying that myself and Amy really quite enjoy Halloween, all the decorations what not. We didn't do pumpkins, in terms of carving, until a couple of years ago but now I can definitely see it being something we do for the foreseeable future, sitting around the table pulling out the innards of an innocent squash. Doesn't seem to normal when you put it that way eh? Usually we just got to the shops and pick out too normal looking pumpkins and go from there. This year, we did something a bit different with one of my work colleagues, the apparent phenomena that is PYOP.

Pick Your Own Pumpkins. Turns out there is a pumpkin farm in Sandling which I had no idea about, which is in Kent. I saw it was a phenomena because we got there and there were literally floods of people; a much larger crowd than you would expect for picking out a pumpkin, I would quite easily say at least 300 people with a constant stream of traffic coming in and out. We were not fortunate enough to get a wheelbarrow, and thought we wouldn't need one which lead to this ultimately..

Also a thank you to the kind lady that took the photo for us. Whilst it doesn't look so busy here, there is about two to three times as much pumpkin field to the left of the picture, also full of people. Whilst there also only appears to be six pumpkins, there are in fact seven, I had to resort to carrying one in my hood. It is good fun, according to the signs they had around, and if you were there early enough, they had pumpkins that were over 15KG! I really wanted to see one but they were all around the same as we had in the picture you can see here. The best part was, they only cost a couple of pounds each, same price as a shop but more money goes to the farm and you get to walk around in a field. I would recommend taking a car with high suspension though.. We found that we heard a lot of scraping noises from the belly of the car, just where the cars make tracks in the mud.

On Halloween, we washed them off and got to carving. We couldn't find the tools which we had previously bought specifically for carving pumpkins so we just used normal cutlery, which worked much better in all honesty.. To carve, I ended up using a drill, a corer and some other odd utensils. It worked very well, looked much better with the candles shining through though, I did the two on the right and Amy did the two on the left.


One of the things we enjoy most, is hearing peoples reactions to the pumpkins. Fun times, fun times indeed.

I am not going to say too much about Fallout 4, as I suspect many people are doing what I planned to do which was to wait to get it.. I couldn't in the end - glad I didn't. The story is already pretty cool, the landscape is amazing as are the changes they've made to some of the enemies in terms of how they look. I also think the character creation was quite like the Sims 4 in terms of, choose a bit of face and play with it. Works quite nicely.

I don't watch a lot of anime, but I have seen this strange one popping up on Facebeen and on 9GAG so I thought I would find it to watch, it is called One Punch Man. I think this would be great for anyone who is interested in watching anime as it is a pretty soft introduction, simple story and great artwork as well as many comedic points - I am quite enjoying it. I am watching it here:
I also recommend watching with the English sub because the native language on the show, I assume Japanese, dubs much better.

My video failed to upload.. Turns out my wifi was down, any ethernet cables connected to the home router work fine.. Just the wireless goes which is naturally how I upload stuff form the Mac. I came back on it today for it to state it would take 11,800 minutes and I am not about that wait. So I am now trying to upload it again, and is currently going swimmingly.

Thanks for reading, blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment