Sunday 8 November 2015

World Of Questions

We're going to the Warner Brother studios this month, back to the Harry Potter tour, which is going to be amazing as from the 13th, it is a Christmas theme. The Hogwarts Express will be there and the model of Hogwarts will be all snowy increasing it's already high level of awesomeness. To celebrate this, we have started a 'marathon' of the films, and I say it with inverted commas as we have a good couple of weeks and I don't know if that will necessarily qualify as a marathon. It's going to be awesome, just wish everything in the gift shop wasn't so expensive.

I think the thing that makes the films and books so wonderful, is that it never leaves you with enough, which sounds like a bad thing at first. It isn't, not even in the slightest unless you hate being left with questions. The universe is so massive, that just watching this first film now, I can think of question after question to explain exactly what is going on.

Every magical item in the series would consequently have a back story and a history - in that universe. I wouldn't be surprised if that side of things was never thought about when creating the series, because why would you? It being successful leaves this sort of thing to thought for the fans to make stuff up, explanations. Whilst it would be enjoyable to create these ideas to theorise as to their existence, a part of me will always hate not knowing. I am just as surprised that Harry Potter is still going as strong as ever, especially with the most recent surge on merchandise and plans for films and stage plays.

Something which I am really interested in is the new illustrated books, which is the exact same story just with illustrations - pretty self explanatory to be fair. I tried to hunt this down a number of times in Waterstones but could never find it, I finally got my hands on one in Asda not too long ago. It is amazing, much larger than I thought it would be.

Waterstone.com

The only problem is, it is pretty pricey. In Waterstones, which is always going to be the higher end of the price scale, was £25, full price £30. Asda have it for £15 which I am much happier about, not that I have bought it. I don't have the space on my book shelf, and I would hate to leave it somewhere collecting dust.

Now, I am really excited about the upcoming 2016 release of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - I really liked the little green book they had whenever that was released. The film, assuming it will follow the same style as the films will be amazing. I really don't know how I feel about the stage play, The Cursed Child - more info here:
The thing I really liked about the current presentation, is that they're in an accessible format. I can pop to the shops and read the book, get the audio book online, watch the films on many different formats. A stage play is very specific in the sense you have to go to London, and watch it. Both parts. I can only assume they will be released otherwise as a DVD or something because there'll be a lot of people worldwide who would be disappointed learning everything second hand. Pretty sure most of a tickets have already sold out, not even surprised in the slightest. By the looks of it there is more information on Pottermore here..
I don't like the idea of the stage play. Right now.
I should not have told you that..

So I said I had questions. Here is a list of my questions. Please feel free to answer any of them, but I want proof and references.. Like from the forbidden section of the library.

  1. What would happen if a muggle leaned on the barrier to platform 9 and 3/4?
  2. Where the hell did the troll come from? It's not like you can sneak one around.
  3. The mirror, just why the hell would you make something so depressing?
  4. Who thought it would be a great idea to bewitch the ceiling in The Great Hall?
  5. Does the Ministry of Magic not have a child wellfare section? Hogwarts is literally a death trap.
  6. Three headed dog. What?
  7. Snape knew Quirrel was a little wotsit, yes nothing was done. Why?
  8. A talking sentient hat seems like a very strange way to sort people around, and how did it learn to speak?
  9. If three first year students could pass everything that was guarding the stone, how did they expect it to stop frigging VOLDEMORT!?
  10. So the stone isn't actually there at the end.. So surely it was somewhere else as it appeared in Harry's pocket when he wanted to find and not use it.
  11. Why does Voldemort have a nose when on the back of someones head but not in his own body?
  12. Does the Hogwarts Express run better than South Eastern trains? (ohhh, burn)
  13. Who thought a Rememberall would be a good idea? I mean, seriously.
  14. Why doesn't Quirrel gut burnt when touching Harry?
  15. How did Harry expect Hermione to get out, back through the chess and keys and devils snare?
I could go on - but I am exporting a Binding of Isaac Rebirth video to MP4 as I would like to start uploading stuff to YouTube again. Especially as iMovie is now working, and thanks to a lovely piece of freeware called SoundFlower means I can ask Quicktime to 'listen' to the sound card output rather than the microphone. Hoping the quality is good, testing of course. If this works then hopefully I can get back to recording stuff on my Xbox. Blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment