Monday 16 March 2015

A Little Bit Of Catch Up

So. You may have noticed it has been a grand total of six days without a post which even for me, is a bit of a gap. As I mentioned before, there has been some things going on in my personal life which has caused me to not be available or in the mood to do this so.. I will leave it at that. As you might be able to tell, it's a sensitive subject that I don't want to share on the internet at this point in time.

I will start of with a little reminder, I have a new email address which I would invite you to send to:
matttalkslife@gmail.com
Here, I would like you to let me know of anything you want me to talk about, any questions you have, or my things about my experience as a blogger. Anything. If you do, let me know if you are happy for it to be posted on here. If not, I will still respond but if you want it published, not a problemo.

So this post right here, will be the first in six days. So it will also be the first six in one 'picture of the day' post which I know doesn't really go with the whole starting idea of the project.. But it is what it is. I am just happy to still be going with this all. I know this will seem a little vague in terms of content because it is a bit of a mix match of pictures.. Well, here we go. I don't think I will be able to remember exact days either.. What a pickle.

Day 617 & 618
So let us get the ball rolling shall we? I will start with a couple of creations by the lovely Amy.


So, above me know we have something very different - savoury muffins. So not sweet. They are cheese and bacon and apparently the batter - is a muffin mix called a batter? - was really strange a goopy which I can imagine.. The out come overall was a success though, easily. At first I was finding it hard to get my head around the idea of it because I know when I bit into it, I wouldn't get sweet, but looking at them made me think sweet. I would recommend giving some a try because cheese and bacon go surprisingly well in a cakey sort of place known as your mouth. The next little lot were sweet though..


..As you can see above here. These were some chocolate muffins and they had little chocolate chunks sneaking around in them as well which was very nice. I must admit, they smelled as good as they looked, and tasted as good. It was a packet mix which is why there are only six, and as nice as they were - they don't beat anything that Amy makes from scratch. Just saying. And not just because she is going to read this at some point - wuhaha.

Day 619
So this one here is another trip down memory lane - when I say another I mean in general.. Not to this post specifically. Although my memories of the muffins are still fond and dear to me.. This one here is from when we were in Florida at Universal Studios and I was re-enacting a scene for Despicable Me - not all that well in mind as the person who did it was a young female child..


So you may ask why I would share such an unflattering picture of myself - and I am starting to ask that of myself right now as well.. But later on, I think the picture I will save until last will make this seem very tame. Ever so tame thinking about it. I feel a bit bad because that person behind me may never know that I have inadvertently posted a picture of her on the internet - and if you do manage to come across this picture, hello! Then again, there are over 7,000,000 on this planet.. Of which about 3,000,000 have access to the internet.. And there being about 4,580,000 web pages.. I guess it is safe to say that it is pretty slim. And yes, I did need to Google stuff for this paragraph, I don't just know that type of thing off the top of my head. Well I do now. I am going to have to find an opportunity to use them statistics somewhere..

Any. This fluffy unicorn was pretty soft and fluffy but I don't think it was as fluffy as the one in the film, that would be impossibly plush. The shops were easily one of the best things about all the parks we visited whilst on our travels, of course this image we were in the section of the shop dedicated to the film. But across all the parks, the stuff was unreal. Like, I couldn't imagine some of the things they had in there but can only imagine more, and as they keep creating new films etc. there is only going to be more! It is genius - and yet scary because we will quite happily through our money at them to get things.

And the food, the food was so good. I think they should open up the American food chains over here.. I would very much appreciate it if they did this with Cracker Barrel, Steak and Shake and also Apppleby's. All of which were so good. I don't think they will because of tipping and the customer service, compared to England is completely different. In America, 10-20% tips are standard and the service is crazy like getting fresh drinks when you are only half way through.. Plus all their drinks are generally on tap so you can drink away without worrying about making half of your bill up with drinks! Still - please come to us..

Day 620
So how about a movie poster? Nice and easy.


This isn't the poster I was planning to use, I was planning to use the standard like A4 size poster.. But the British one for some reason was unavailable to view in full size to then save in a good quality - the only one I could find was French and I didn't fancy using that one.. I ended up scrolling down quite a bit to find this one which I like also, the posters for this film were pretty good despite following the same ideas as many others, an entourage of the main characters behind the title - then again I guess there really isn't too much you can do with it.

Now, Liam Neeson has been in a lot of films recently it does appear, I would say which started with Taken. Of course, that had two follow up films. He then had that one on the plane, Nonstop I think that was called.. Which I haven't seen. There was another one about him once again killing more people, I think the title was something to do with graves.. Maybe.. I could Google it right now because I totally did for them useless facts above but hey ho. And then there was this one, and I was assuming it was going to be just another shoot 'em up with Liam Neeson. It was, but so much better than Taken in my opinion. The story line was actually good, and really well put together and all the characters played their parts really well and made it convincing. It was a bit of a different twist on the other films he has been in and what I was expecting, because he was like.. A washed up old killer in this. He was having money problems and was drunk a lot.. But then when it came down to it he was still better than everyone else.

The guy on the far left of the poster was some cuckoo hired killer hired by the guy on the far right to get Liam and his soon, the last character in the picture. He was crazy and I find it weird that there could actually be people like that in the world.. Trained to the point where the kill becomes the only thing on their mind and will do whatever is required to try and get it done. None the less, the movie was action packed, great fight scenes, reverse cop chases which the cop is being pursued.. Worth a watch. Get to it!

On a random side note - surprised that they have stopped Orange Wednesday's but.. Happy at the same time because it was always so darn busy!

Day 621
So I mentioned before, just before I had my impromptu hiatus, you get a welcome pack with the Merlin passes that we have. One of the little things in this was a pin, which is actually quite nice as you can see here.


I tell you what though, it was a right pain the bum to get the camera to focus on this, because it is so small I wanted to hold it up closer to the camera so that you could actually see it without too much random background. The flash seemed to take care most of this because it blacked out the background and left my hand with the pin. So according to this I Vote Fun! Which I do, of course, fun is awesome. So we had our first one in 2013 I think? So I wonder when they started doing this.. It is a nice idea. I have got pictures of the other stuff too so I will show you them at some point. I probably will just leave this in it's little plastic bag in the box because I don't really have a place to pin it to.. I guess I could put it on the bag I use for work but it is pretty thick leathery type material and probably won't fit.. Only a little pin after all.

Day 622
Well then, number six. So I am writing this assuming that you will read this in order so.. You'll read the text and then look at the picture but.. I know this is not the case. Not even a little bit. Your eye will be far more interested in the picture than anything I have to say. You probably won't even pay attention to this or anything that follows! Oh well.. Here goes..


So some things that I should clear up first..

  • No, I don't have an actual penguin suit
  • No, I am not that short nor is that a giant man
  • No, this is not me when I was young with a constant facial hair which has lasted most of my life
  • Yes, this is my face photoshopped on
It was submitted for a Colleague of the Month nomination where I work and if you can't tell already this nomination was for me. I am pretty sure I have mentioned previously that my nickname is penguin and I have since received many a penguin themed nomination. I think I fit pretty well into this picture despite all the things above, because it was a pretty good job. Needless to say, it went down pretty well.

So there we go, a six in one post. Bet you never thought you would see the day, nor did I and hope not to see one again. When you are like me and usually forget just one picture, putting together six is a little bit harder.. But it makes for a nice long post. I hope you enjoyed it, I did as always. And of course, Blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment