Monday 9 March 2015

Movie Things

Good morning, afternoon, evening to all those looking at this.

I have some movies to report back to you on, technically two and a half but I'll explain why of course. One of which was watched in the cinema and one from the comfort of our own sofa. 

Let's start with the cinema trip, we went yesterday - Sunday - afternoon to see Unfinished Business mainly because of the young Dave Franco. For Amy, if he is in it, it's a go go for the cinema. So far this has not let us down as I have very much enjoyed all of the films he has been in. This film, is basically about three people who set up a new rival company to the one they quit. And about how you never give up to get what you want; is the under lying message. It has some discreet humour and some quite loud in your face humour. There are so male and female.. Bits. Wehey. I would definitely recommend it, it kept my attention and actually felt much longer than it was, it's 91 minutes so not too long or short. Enjoy if anyone takes my recommendation.

The second report, from our sofa to your internet surfing device was a one star sort of cult classic.. Which I ended up rating as five stars. Sharknado! We had a visitor and we thought we would watch a film and it turned into classic browsing through the nothingness of Netflix. We decided on this expecting to be disappointed which we really were.. Bad acting, poor effects and horrific storyline.. But you just have to enjoy it. The concept is so ridiculous and inconsistent that you spend most of the time picking out the problems and therefore enjoying it because of that. Some scenes, the water was clearly not deep enough but there were sharks everywhere. They kept cutting to clips they clearly didn't film in deep seas or of floods. One of the actors had miraculously shaved between scenes! Apparently you can stop a tornado by dropping a propane bomb into it's centre to beau realise the current? Good lord I could go on for a long time. I think the best way to describe it is a party film, to watch with a group of people to enjoy taking the mick out of. Worked for us.

We started watching the second one which had as many cliches.. But also many guest stars from big films or social media like Kelly Osborne, Perez Hilton and Miley Cyrus's dad! They tied some of them into the part we saw for no apparent reason other than for something weird to happen to a shark - like hitting a home run with one using it as the ball for your bat.

Who funded this things?

Day 616
Today's picture is bought to you but the letter 'N'.


Well. Actually it comes from Amy as she took this nice shot of Stealth on Saturday. I like the ride as it is short and sweet, it is really about the initial acceleration and not a lot else - in my opinion. If you close your eyes as you get to the top of the ride, you get this strange feeling of weightlessness.. I really don't think I would want to be on the ride when it doesn't get enough momentum and roles backwards - or go on it on Fright Night. They do it deliberately. Then they shoot you off again!

Out of all the rides at Thorpe Park, I think my favourite has to be Swarm. Not just because I enjoy the ride itself but also because of the environment and story surrounding it. It seems to be a more common thing now to have a background story relating to the ride so when you are on it, the scenery you travel through is deliberate and makes sense. Plus they have that fire thingy going off.. Which makes you really hot if you stand down wind of it, a blast of hot air comes your way. Plus, the option to go on backwards means you can experience the ride in two different ways, I prefer it backwards myself but wouldn't pay extra for it. Doesn't look like they make you anymore but when it opened I know they did - little bit cheeky.

Thanks for reading peoples, as always. Time to do some hashtags! Email me:
matttalkslife@gmail.com
Blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment