Tuesday 24 March 2015

Social?

Hey, internet. I have some pictures for your attention! I also have an email address for you, technically my attention once you send to it..
matttalkslife@gmail.com

I am going to do this a different way round today, pictures first and then some other bits, inspired by TV. I said inspired and TV in the same sentence - oh no.

Day 629
I have clue if I ever mentioned this but Amy's phone case came to the end of it's life.. And for a while she decided to be a rebel and had no phone case. This would've been fine if she hadn't started dropping it all the time! The phone must have nine lives as it survive them all without nothing more than a tiny scratch. None the less, we felt a phone case was in order - so she ordered this fro China for 99p with free delivery!



See I really like it, like far too much. Because it is Stitch, what's not to love? Amy says he is a little creepy. I think it might be the art style, who knows if is legit or just something that looks exactly like him? I have offered to swap but my space case is a little worse for ware and snapped in multiple places, the paper in it is now sort of holding it on..

The thing about cases is.. You can get cool designs and all that but.. The phone always feels nicer without a case, feeling how it was supposed to feel in your hand. But they're slippery little things and that's why they break.

Day 630
So play fighting is a thing - I decided to take some selfies in the process, I really enjoyed this one. That is a look of genuine fear - maybe. I can't tell.



It does look like I am playing it up to the camera as well but.. For it's raw comedic value, it's worth it.

So, what I was going to have a bit of a rant type thing about is social media. We just watched this documentary called Teens, which is about a group of teenagers who have allowed access to all of their social media, text messages and phone calls. It was interesting to watch, because my year group didn't necessarily grow up alongside it. We grew up whilst I developed and became a part of every day life and now, you always seem complaints about five years olds with newer phones then you and I personally don't understand it but won't disagree with it because it's up to the parents. With technology being a part of life; maybe it's good to integrate them with it so young. 

Something this highlighted was that everyone, especially young people use it all the time now for everything; it showed how bullying can basically now follow you around in your pocket. I remember when I was at school we had MSN but you could log out and that would be the end o it, they couldn't get you anymore. It is worrying now that it can get you anywhere and I can imagine your natural curiosity making you look even when you know you don't want to. A shame really, because that constant negativity is just not a good thing.

I started this last night and finished this morning because I fell asleep, so sorry for the grammar on the last half - sleepiness makes it harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment