Sunday 8 March 2015

Four The Weekend

What can I say? I really enjoy playing on the words of the titles. For example, this post as four pictures and includes this weekend? Sometimes I even have to question my own genius.

I am actually doing this post from the Windows side of the Mac.. It feels like a really long time it has been booted into - so long so that I am surprised there was not more updates to be applied. The reason I did this, is because I wanted to have a bit of a throw back and play some Play Station 2 games - which I know sounds really random. Of course, there are emulators which is how I am playing it, it requires you to dump the bios on to the system from your own PS2 which does seem strange - but I guess it is to have a bit more a free for all with the games. You can add cheats or change the FPS - which I have found to be a bit of a problem.. I am playing Lord of the Rings - The Third Age which is a turned base strategy which got destroyed by its reviews but I very much enjoyed. I am also playing Yu-Gi-Oh Capsule Coliseum which is nothing like the card game. I actually can't describe how it is played.. It is like a real time strategy I think is the type? Like Halo Wars or.. Starcraft I think. That could be really wrong. The problem I have at the moment is the Mac can handle them so well that it pushes the FPS up to 100 which then makes everything go in fast motion.. And using the keyboard is hard.. But tweaking. I'll get there. So much fun.

So I haven't posted since Wednesday now I think? I still have stuff going on but I have sat myself at the table, charging, to have a good old typing session. It feels good sitting at a table and typing, I always feel a little bit more motivated.. No idea why. Thought I would share that with you.

Day 612
So Thursday.. Let's have a think.. I know I had the afternoon off of work. We fancied a drive over to Bluewater, we prefer going during the week during the day so there isn't as much traffic and it is nice and quiet to walk around. One of the things we did have, as a little treat was some doughnuts - and I spell it dough-nuts. We had seen an advert for a Reece's Krispy Kreme doughnut so I gave that a try. As you can see, we didn't quite remember to take the picture before taking a bite.. Oopsie.


You can see their little advert on the table as well. The one in the bottom left of the picture is the peanut butter one, it is okay. I wouldn't say it is worth dropping everything to go and get one. The usual cup forms of the Reece's make the peanut butter.. Slightly solid? If you know what I mean? So you actually get a bite into it and gives it a different taste.. With this, the filling is pumped into the center and is like normal peanut butter, quite thick and goopy. Nice all in all but not the same. Not what I was expecting either in all fairness. Amy had a chocolate one which looks nice.. The third which we shared was a caramel one which I really enjoyed. Maybe a little too much?

I don't physically remember the last time I actually bought something from Bluewater.. I like going there none the less but.. I just realized. Other than food goods, I am never spending my money there. Windows is also running American spellings and I can't be bothered to change it so.. Yeah. There may be some random differences dotted throughout - who doesn't like variety?

We also had a Zizzi's that day. The combo of the Tastecard and the voucher we received from them made it really awesome. It was really good service, the food was fast and all in all - only cost £2.40! I felt like a right ol' super scrimper. I tried something new for my main, I tried one of their calzones because it sounded really good. It had meatballs, spiced chicken, jalapenos, bolognese and some other stuff..  It came with a tomato dip which is used to dunk the crust in as that was a little thicker than the rest of it and didn't have the filling to add flavour of course.

Day 613
I also got Amy a little present as she got me one.. Something which I am not going to reveal as of yet.. Saving that one for a later occasion.. It is quite obvious what it is - I think - due to the unnecessary level of excitement I got from it.


Meet Nellie! A helium filled purple elephant that floats around just the right amount off of the floor to make it look like it is walking. It is pretty clever really, just the right amount of helium and weight from the feet to make this happen. We saw another person with a red chicken following them around. This is literally not an understatement - Amy has wanted one for a couple of years. The first time we saw them was back when they had a winter thing on so it must have been around Christmas.. And they had the stall in that area, the Glow section. Since then it has obviously done well as it is still going now and we always see at least one person with one when we go. Now she quite happily floats around in here.. And stuff. They even refill it when it goes down for £1 which is pretty good if you ask me.

Day 614
That was the main bulk of the Thursday. I was then at work Friday of course and we have this little game we play at work which spans about a month and I won it this time. The winner gets a little toy type thing and this is what I got!


I remember doing these when I was younger, they never ever worked as well as this one. You make up the little tree bit in the middle and then pour this clear liquid into the base.. 12 hours or so later and you have a pink fluffy tree. I actually have no idea what it is but.. We poked it a little and you couldn't feel a thing, it was pretty weird. It has now unfortunately been passed to the bin because.. Well it started going white and spreading more and we weren't too sure if it was supposed to do that and the box didn't have any indication as to how long it would actually last so.. Say the least it was making us a little bit uncomfortable.

You can actually see Nellie's feet sitting on the sofa in the background.. She doesn't sit there all the time. Sometimes on the table where I am not.. Sometimes on the floor.. She likes to explore.

Day 615
So, I am pretty sure I have mentioned the Premium Merlin Passes before, so the unlimited access to theme parks like Thorpe Park, Alton Towers and a lot of the attractions in London. They do a pass holder day - something else I am sure I have mentioned before - and we went to one on Saturday. It is always so awesome because the queues are nearly non existent and you can get on all the rides that are open.. Just a good day all around in general. They have finished the roadworks that were in our path before so it was a nice route there not getting stopped too much - there was still a lot of traffic.. It is also the first time we have been when Angry Birds Land was there and.. Well it was just a paint job on part of the park with the added 4D, stools and dodgems.


Here is me sitting with one of the models, he is actually sitting in a slingshot ready to be fired. Luckily he didn't shoot off anywhere otherwise I would've got a headache.. We went on Swarm first and as soon as we got to the front of the queue, the ride broke down which was wonderful. It was only down for about 10 minutes so it is not so bad because we still got to go on out without waiting a long time compared to the people queuing.

The only problem is - you get accustomed to these queue times. Go any other time, and it feels like an age!

I have more to talk about, but I shall save that for tomorrow so it is beefed out a little and I get explain it with some pictures. Well, just the one - the loot box is one of the times I will spoil you. Thanks for reading and email me:
matttalkslife@gmail.com

Blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment