Friday 27 March 2015

What Makes the News?

Hello there internet. A warning - the start of this is definitely going to be a bit of a rant, at the media. Not all media, just some but.. A warning incase you don't fancy reading it. You can just pass over it. Also, here is my email for you to ask me questions and the like - matttalkslife@gmail.com. Be the first to get your post shared on my blog!

So. I am sure by now many of you reading where ever you are in the world will have heard about the incident involving the plane and co pilot - and the sad part is I think more people have heard about a member of One Direction leaving. Newspapers headlined a member of a boy band leaving over this which at first appeared to be an accident, now it has been discovered to be a mass murder it is headline news. It is a shame that the news is more interested in a situation once it is a scandal, the media are now at the culprits house hounding them - which is just as bad. At the end of the day, they have lost someone who admittedly has done something terrible but they are mourning too. I know that the news is there to attract attention whilst being informative to try and keep people on that channel to watch what is on afterwards.. But the fact that the main channels each have their own news, I don't really feel like they should compete to attract attention. They will generally all cover the same news because there is only one world of affairs to report on - the fluff stories will be what sets them apart. Whilst I think it is nice for them to have a balance because the world isn't all doom and gloom - headlines should be held for the important things. A boy band is trivial in comparison.

I just read that and it is really a mish mash. Me and Amy have been speaking about it over the last couple of days. All I have noticed is the late night news is when it all appears to be serious, maybe they are just being child friendly and I am being insensitive to that side of things.

Why don't we lighten the mood with some pictures?

Day 631
We used to go to Pizza Hut all the time, I think the Tastecard made it a lot easier for us to go else where. Whilst I like going out, I still like a bargain, whilst there aren't many offers on at Pizza Hut, the free salad and unlimited refills on the drinks makes it all good for me.


Amy got an email saying that they had a new menu and this one really caught my eye, it was a Philly cheese steak pizza - so basically the contents of a sandwich spread over a pizza. We always go cheesey bites because they make lovely little handles to eat the pizza with, I started with a knife and fork but I can't help but get my hands on it. I must say, it was a pretty big cheese overload, which I was fine with but I can imagine it not being to everyones taste, but you can see the peppers chucked in, there wasn't as much steak as I would've thought there to be because in the sandwich, it is chucked in. All in all, tasty.

We also like to go to Pizza Hut because the music that they play is the music from our younger years, which is quite strange. Restaurants always employ that strange sort of ambience music which takes you to the country of origin where is they just want to you feel comfortable. Plus there aren't many places you can go in public and hear a bit of S Club 7 - who are totally making a combat. What, why?

I am taking so long to type this up, I started it about an hour ago and the TV has all of a sudden become super interesting.. As has Master Chef which I never really thought I would enjoy.. Cooking programmes such to be getting into my field of enjoyment. I just can't fathom putting together some of the ideas that they put together, I can just about think of putting whipped cream on some jelly or.. Maybe ice cream with a little microwave sponge - which I think it pretty awesome.

Day 632
I am a kind person, I like to think.  On the road, I am fair but I do get a bit annoyed when people take the biscuit for use of a politer term. The round about that we were positioned on clearly stated which lane to be in for which exit of the round about but this car here decided to ignore that. It pulled up next to me blocking the other lane behind them, they then proceeded to drive to the position you can see here to unblock the road but then cut me off instead - I put myself in the right place so I get annoyed when I am the one that is then put in an awkward position.. Bah. Road rage is a real thing. I have blurred the number plate because I wouldn't feel comfortable to put that type of thing on here but.. You know who you are. Read the signs!



On the other hand, Gogglebox has just started which means I am going to be even more distracted - currently on the Antiques Roadshow and I agree with everyone - they don't want to know just tell them how much it is worth! I also don't understand how they can value something just by looking at it, it must be a hard business to be in and understand..

On the other hand.. The sky in this picture is pretty nice, caught it just at or after the sunset. Amy took it also - I was driving of course.

Day 633
I am a self proclaimed Xbox fan boy, I have been ever since I got my first crystal Xbox off of a friend for a bargain £50. Right now - I have severe Play Station envy, because the creators of Dark Souls of which I love have released a new game. Which is once again, like one of their first releases was a Play Station exclusive. I have been watching videos of it, streams of it and my oh my doesn't it just look fantastic and hard.. The challenge is the best part of any of their games, and the attention to detail. They piece together the entire map to make it so you can see where you are going and where you been and.. Dang it.


So the Vision Express advert was just on, you know the one where all the glasses seem to go missing. First on the teddy bear, then on the boat, then the sushi plate and finally in the giraffe. Amy thought that was a story that followed on from each other and never understood how the giraffe ended up with them after the sushi. They ended up in the sushi as the fish that had them was caught.. I enjoyed that explanation.

For those of you who watch Gogglebox - Ohhhhh June.

Thanks for reading, Blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment