Tuesday 19 August 2014

Matching

Day 413
So today we went to Universal studios and we got there nice and quick, only 20 minutes away.. Only one toll charge at $1.25.. But then the parking is horrendous. We were waiting to get into the parking for at least an hour, I got a little annoyed. Oh well, we made it in.

It was amazing, all of the rides were themed to a film, there was Simpsons, Men in Black and obviously the main attraction - the Harry Potter areas. It was probably one of my favourite places that we have visited overall because it's got a lot more films and characters that my generation have grown up with.

We didn't get to go on too many rides unfortunately, the wait times were 60 minutes plus; and today was the hottest day since we've been out here so.. Waiting in that heat was hard. The Simpsons ride was awesome, it was static but like a 4D experience and it was really cool. There's a lot to say and not an easy way to say it.. Had some lemon slush. Like me some lemon slush.

Feet still ache like mad.

After that, we headed back to the villa to do some swimming, actually managed to get the nose peg to work so I felt a lot more comfortable swimming, did some handstands and stuff as well. I had the classic panda eyes and sore nose as I swam for about an hour at least.. Proud of myself. 

We then did some research and decided to go to somewhere called Cracker Barrel for tea. We were very confused when we got there because.. It was a shop. But then there is a restaurant in with it. It was so cheap and so tasty, we both had chicken and dumplings. I couldn't finish it, it was so doughy that it filled me up super quick. The coleslaw was freshly made.. As were the chips.. As was everything. And the shop had some amazing little bits in it as well. All in all, an awesome place.

Of course the picture, we got matching shirts in the Dr Suess area at universal. How awesome are we?


No comments:

Post a Comment