Monday 25 November 2013

Oh, Despicable Me

Watched a couple of films today, first off I watched the most recent Underworld or Underworld: Awakening. I've always liked this film series and this one was another good addition. It felt quite short for some reason even though it was over an hour and a half long but.. It has sort of fallen into the classic storylines associated with mythical creatures - humans find out and ahhhh revolution. Although their twists make this story interesting because biological engineering comes into it to favour the opposing side of the main character. I just always wonder how they cast the children actors for films that are say.. 15-18+ because does that mean they shouldn't legally watch the film they were cast in until they are 18? Or is there like a PG version for them? Always wondered.. 

Secondly I watched Dread, the more recent remake. I'm not sure if I actually watched the original but some bits felt really familiar so I presume that was me remember the old film. I really liked it. It is no bars hold action and very bloody so not for the feint of heart. It was more believeable because I think most of the stuff that went on could really happen given the correct technological advances. Not that I would want this storyline to ever play out in the real world but.. You get me. That's one of the things I love about the film Watchmen - they only included things which were theoretically possible.

I like films.. 

Thanks for reading, blog you later.

Day 148
Also picked this up today because it's just awesome. Get it from Asda as it's £10 and has exclusive bonus features with it including three short films which are really quite awesome in themselves. Oh, Despicable Me.


No comments:

Post a Comment