Tuesday 26 November 2013

Total Recall?

So today I watched another two films. I am very much liking the sci-if section of now TV. There is a film with Matt Smith aka Dr Who which I may watch tomorrow. It's got a very strange storyline which lies on some awkward boundaries so.. Might be a bit awkward. I'll let you know. That films called Clone if you want read the story.

First thing I watched was Total Recall with Colin Farrell so not the original. I am a big fan of old films like this with the terrible effects - I love them. The Thing is one of my favourites. I was thinking they could do a lot with this given the new stuff we can do with computers. It was amazing. I really did like it and the action was fast and realistic and well acted - but they changed the storyline. Same character names, homages to the original - but they changed the story! I can understand why they didn't just make it as a stand alone film because they'd just call it a copy but.. Now it's not exactly a remake. Not sure where it really sits in the whole mix of things. IMDB gives the original a better score. Hm.

The second film I watched was Battleship. I was very skeptical about this as I didn't want to see it in the cinema because the trailer didn't do anything for me. I thought it was the new Transformers at first. I would like to revoke my skepticism as I did quite like it. It has the classic underdog story who comes into his own when a family member is killed.. And it tried to be too funny at some points.. But I like that the aliens were quite humanoidand you actually got to see them. Alien films sometimes hide them from you until the end and their design is somewhat disappointing so.. Yeah. The machines were badass too.

They killed Brian off in Family Guy. Why? Explain? 

Thanks, blog you later!

Day 149
So this fake snow.. Don't buy it. It's terrible. It doesn't really stick to the window very well, it runs everywhere. It's water based so it generally destroys stencils so.. Yeah.. Good for spraying the bottom of windows but it'll run on to the window sil.. And it sticks. Bleh. £1.


No comments:

Post a Comment