Monday 4 November 2013

Sounds Like You're From London

I'll be honest - I have no idea where that quote comes from. I just remember a lot of people walking around shouting it in each others ears. Pretty sure it was Rustle Brand.

So London - often have I proclaimed that London is a scary place for me due to the volume of people. Still the same. Me, Amy and Mr Tate went up to London for a nice day out on Saturday to do some stuff, make use of our passes and go to the Ripley's Museum.

We managed to drag ourselves out of bed for the 8:36 train and by we I mean me.. I like my bed. It was a nice journey, managed to get a 6 seat section and no one else really seemed to want to sit with us so we didn't feel too awkward having a chat. First thing on the agenda was breakfast; we ended up going to KFC. On the way there we were all discussing McDonalds breakfasts and that it turned out that Burger King and Subway both had a breakfast menu. We also said it was a shame that KFC didn't and obviously we were wrong.. No chicken on the menu which was a little disappointing but it was actually really good. Had a breakfast wrap which had sausage bacon and egg in it with tomato sauce. Came with a hash brown and a cup of hot chocolate. I would quite like to try a Subway breakfast because they sound really yummy.

The first place we went to was the London Dungeons, we'd always wanted to go but whenever we'd walked past it had looked really busy so we always left it. It opens at 10 and we were there at about half past and the queue was already pretty big. Turns out there were three separate lines, people who needed tickets; people with booked tickets or annual passes; then our line for fast track and premium pass holders. I think that's what the three were anyway.. But we were inside and heading off by 11 so we were quite pleased. Got the expected dirty look from everyone else who we were overtaking but.. We paid for our passes so we get the perks. 

I won't give too much away because it is supposed to be a scary experience but I didn't find it too bad. I was looking over my shoulder a lot because I was expecting something but it never happened. The effects were really good and all the actors and actresses were amazing; they must really enjoy their jobs. But as I said - I don't want to say too much about this because I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone else who is going. The suspense is the best bit! There are two rides in there though, one of which I really didn't like all that much because it's like a mini detonator which just makes my tummy hate me.

We went to the aquarium afterwards, literally spent 30 minutes in there just walking around because we've been there so many times now. It's just nice to get in really quickly for free. We did stop and have a look at the penguins again. I also melted my hand print into the cold wall because I have super hot hands. Yeah.

We then headed off on the tubes to go to Piccadilly Circus as that's where the Ripley's museum is. First we wanted lunch and off in the distance we could spy a Burger King and headed off in that direction through the crowds. It's very scary crossing the road in London because it seems like the traffic lights never change so everyone just dashes across in a gap. Thankfully most of the roads are one way so you don't have to look both ways which makes it a lot easier to run.

This Burger King was really quite awesome. We noticed everyone walking around with empty cups and thought it was a bit strange.. Turns out you have to fill your drink yourself from a drinks machine in the eating area. It had so many different drinks in it, it was amazing. Under Coke there was regular, diet, zero, caffeine free, lemon and lime, raspberry, vanilla and probably a couple of others. Fanta had orange, diet, lemon, fruit twist, grape and probably some others.. It was awesome. If all Burger Kings had them - I would go there a hell of a lot more! Hint hint..

Ripley's is awesome. It's basically a museum of really really weird stuff. Things you'll look at and think - nuuuuu. They had meteorites, petrified humans, models of the worlds largest man and woman, an 8 foot Optimus Prime, art work done on poo (I know right), a dragon carved out of camel bone (my favourite thing there) and loads of other stuff. They have an annual which is out every year with the weird stuff in it. Turns out they also have other museums all over the world in different countries. I would quite like to visit them all but I have a feeling that would be rather expensive. There was also a very large mirror maze which was really fun to walk around. I mentioned this yesterday and included a picture of it. The gloves were rather uncomfortable.. But when you're in one of them, you always think you know which person is real.. And then you really have no clue and its awkward. People kept walking into you with their arms out saying "Oh, you're real!" Yup. There was also a laser race thing in the basement which we didn't do. It is basically a room with lasers and you have to get to the other side as fast as possible without hitting the lasers. There was a rather large queue; and it was one at a time so we were looking at maybe an hours wait. Shame.

It was a really good day. I would recommend going to all of the places we went to above; here are the links to the websites if you fancy having a little look or maybe book some tickets. Just a note - if you want to go to more than one thing in London under the Merlin umbrella, you can save a lot of money by doing more than one in a day. It's awesome.
http://www.thedungeons.com/london/en/
http://www.visitsealife.com/london/
http://www.ripleyslondon.com/

And by the way, it was still the Halloween event at London Dungeons so there were a lot of pumpkins; not sure if there were any other differences as that was the first time I'd been there at all..

Thanks for reading. LONG. Enjoy. Picture also; probably not what you were expecting though! Blog you later.

Day 127
So I really fancied an omelette for my lunch today. I've never made one before. I do scrambled eggs in the microwave so.. It was a little adventure so to say. I was very impressed with myself, I'm not going to lie. Look at it, magnificent! I know it's not exactly a hard thing to cook but I always hear people complaining that they wanted an omelette and they ended up with scrambled egg instead.. So yeah. I'm going to try one with cheese, bacon and mushrooms tomorrow. We had carbonara today hence the leftover bacon and mushroom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment