Friday 18 July 2014

Lightning

Day 382
First off, I would like to say a thank you to all of my work colleagues who took an interest in my blog. Was odd seeing other people physically looking through it but thank you. And everyone else who looks as well!

So turns out my blog is up to about 12,000 views.. And then for some strange reason my Google+ page is over 37,000 views! That's crazy. It makes no sense. Unless there is something very interesting about my page that I cannot perceive as it is mine.. Pfft. I'll take it.

Lighting is so awesome! It's probably the main reason I wanted to go to university to learn about it because I love it so much. It's just like zap and stuff. It took me a lot of tries to get the picture, which I ended up just recording and then screen shorting. Cheating a little bit but it worked so it's fine by me. It looks amazing.

Some science for you. Lighting is caused by the particles in the clouds rubbing together generating static electricity. All of a suddent this discharges creating electricity which super heats the surrounding air. This then expands so quickly it makes an explosion - or thunder. Love it. I was lucky to grab it forking.

And remember, just give.
https://www.justgiving.com/KCCServiceDeskFunRun



No comments:

Post a Comment