Sunday 25 January 2015

A Speedy Weekend

Hello there internet, I completely forgot to do a on Thursday and by forgotten I mean I fell asleep. Totes an accident. Nothing to do with me being horrendously comfortable in my bed.. But it happens. So what I will do today is get right in to the pictures, as otherwise I might go on one too many tangents.

I even remembered to get four pictures together because that is what I owe you. Craziness!

Day 570
Well isn't this a cute little number?


Obviously, we have a number of cuddly things between us. Most of them are currently boxed awaiting a proper home whilst we get everything moved around.. It is surprisingly hard to decide where to put things. Before, everything sort of already had its place so you just grouped it all together.. Now we have so much more space we can't decide half the time.

These three have managed to make their home on one of the sofas in the main room which to be fair, is a great choice because that is where the TV is. I think they probably have worked the control out so they can watch some cartoons whilst neither of us are in. Pluto is acting as the main man and keeping them warm and safe because it is pretty cold in here.. I think I am getting used to the heating though. Plus the old dressing gown trick it is all good.

I have told a couple of people about that trick.. And I have been getting mixed responses. Mostly people saying that it is weird and laughing - which it is in all fairness. I am a weird guy so I can swing it.

Day 571
Who is that? What are they doing? Good lord, that is me ironing?


Of course, I work in an office environment where the dress is smart so I have to where shirts. And usually, I would pass the washing on. Of course, this is not the case anymore as I am totally self sufficient alongside and Amy who knows more than I do.

Now, I know my Mum will see this eventually and I can see there is a horrific crease in the back but I can assure you that it is not there any more.. I have not done any ironing prior to this so I was actually quite pleased with the end result. I asked to learn once and accidentally knocked the iron on to the carpet.. We managed to retrieve it before any mark was left which is the plus side but still.. Kind of put me off a little bit that klutzy moment.

Although my Nan won't read this.. I would like to say thank you to here as she bought us the iron and board as a gift when we moved out. I would also like to extend the thanks to anyone who has contributed to helping us because it is all greatly appreciated. My Dad for ferrying stuff too and fro, my Mum for washing the shirts before we got the iron.. Wehey.

As I am typing this it sounds like someone is trying to contact me morse code from the kitchen but no one is there.. I have not spent many late nights in here to be honest though, of course being asleep. So I guess the noises of the flat are still a mystery to me, I used to be able to walk through my parents house in the dark missing any floorboards that might disturb any one in the house - not on my way to get a midnight snack of course. Never do such a thing.. Often.. Anyway.

And also, watch Restaurant Steak Out if you can - pretty good show. American.

Day 572
So, something for the nerd in me and some of the nerds out there. The reason I say nerds is because from general perception of people I have spoken to - it is seen as a nerdy hobby. Warhammer.


When I was in primary school, I got into this with a couple of friends. I was always, and still am, very interested in the painting side of it more than anything. The building and customising was always something I liked looking at but never really felt much connection to.. I am not very good at making things. The playing side as well, I think I would like to do if I ever amassed enough of a collection that I was happy with aesthetically. I know on the whole it really doesn't matter but I take pride in my art and blog as it is something that I have done, it came from my finger tips. I found these whilst clearing out my room and it soft of sparked my interest again and have been researching into things that have changed since I was last interested and also watching painting guides and projects. It is pretty interesting in all honesty.

The ones I found here aren't in production anymore so I have no idea if they are worth anything.. The black boxed pack, I have found on Amazon for £30 when I am pretty sure I bought it for no more than £10.. The other I can't even find a trace of. Like it doesn't exist any more! I can't even find it referenced in any books that I have looked at. Strange. Then again, the production date on the back is from 2002 so I could possibly understand why.. Stuff does change in 13 years.

So who knows, I might sometime in the future be able to show of some terrible paint jobs. Currently I have the theory behind it but in terms of actually doing something and applying it.. Who knows if that'll work. I would like to say it will but I have never been great at painting. You have to be very patient with it and attentive to detail. I can do that with a pencil but a brush is a bit bigger..

Day 573
This last one isn't so interesting as much as the picture.. But the story is pretty interesting if I do say so myself.


It was a Mr Tate's birthday and birthday event today for which he planned indoor go karting. Now, I was scared in all honesty because I have never done in or out door karting before, especially ones that can go up to 40mph.

The above screenshot is the outcome of the second session that we did as you get two 15 minute section with the package we paid for. As you can see, there were some variations. The two people at the top where not with us but were pretty dang good.. I can imagine it being annoying for them having a load of new people on the track slowing them down but at the same time.. It kind of made it annoying for us because they would constantly cut in small gaps forcing you to break because they want a better lap time where as we wanted to not spin out of control and hit any one.

There were a couple of bumps and knocks every now and then but 10 people on a small track it is bound to happen. It was really cool how they had set it all up though, it had ramps going up and down levels which were scary when you got to them the first time but after that it was not too bad at all. Once you actually got used to how the kart handled, you could really give it some welly and slide it in to the corners even though it wasn't great for you timing.. All in all a good experience that I might be inclined to go for again in the future because it was much more enjoyable than I thought. Apparently there are ones that go up to 60 which would just be mind blowing.. I'll stick with them I think.

I said no tangents but of course there were still some.

Thanks for reading, I am off to bed for now as I have work in the morning of course! Blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment