Wednesday 28 January 2015

That Awkward Moment

No one likes awkward moments. In that little bit of time you have no idea what to do, what to say, whether you are offending anyone and all that random jazz. Yet, if you ever get the opportunity to make someone else feel awkward you snap at it because you like to watch them feel awkward. Brains make no sense. So today, I will be talking about some seemingly awkward experiences I have had and some that I think are because.. Why not?

I think this first one is something that everyone can relate to and will possibly have done during their school years. Simple one - calling the teacher mum or dad. Or mummy or daddy depending on your preference. I remember doing it in primary school, I think I must have only been in year one or year two reading, and I just absently said it when the teacher walked past. I've never had a very loud voice so luckily only a couple of people next to me heard it so at first I was like okay, I can just pretend this never happened. The teacher then continued to let the hole class know I said it.. Which looking back on it.. Was actually a little bit mean of them. Pretty much everyone in the class laughed at me but lots of people have done it. I know that. I hope that.

Another school based one - is getting someone else into trouble. And people know it was you. Being that person to mention that homework was due or asking a question during a mock test or when you're supposed to be silent - they answer and get in trouble. You just sort of sit there and people laugh and the teacher is none the wiser. I didn't do this too much because I was a team player, think of the class and not get anyone in trouble. I am guilty of the odd whisper.

Last one based at school, I promise. I have this strange problem where if I sit down cross legged - properly - I seem to loose all sensation to my feet. Like, completely. We were in an assembly and this happened, I usually managed to save on foot so I could hobble out but on this occasion they both were completely asleep, half the hall had already emptied but I tried to get up and walk out but.. That didn't happen. Where I had no sensation in them, I ended up walking on the outside of my feet and just feel back down. It hurt so bad, especially when the feeling came back. I did get a slow sarcastic applause from someone as I was literally dragged back to my feet and out as I still couldn't walk. Fun times.

Day 575
Lets pop a little picture in here from yesterday because I totally fell asleep again.. This sleeping malarky is catchy when you get the hang of it.


So you get a snap shot of when you die on Crossy Road such as this one here that Amy sent me. I haven't unlocked the baby duck yet. I don't like that you can unlock the same character twice because it feels like such a waste of coins.. I used to play Frogger a lot with my brother. We always used a cheat to unlock all the levels because we knew we would never see the end ones ever. I guess that is the main difference between these two games other than being an era apart - Frogger had an end, where as this is just keeping playing to fill up the odd five minutes you have. Amy also found another game referenced in this called Disco Zoo which is pretty cool, by the people who made Tiny Tower and stuff.

An awkward moment which I have noticed more recently in my time going out for dinner, when you are paying on card. Depending where you are they bring the machine over to you to pay. Then they usually offer it to you on the screen asking if you want to leave a gratuity - just say tip. Now, I don't like to give tips especially when paying on card because it never goes to the one person who you are really tipping. So I select no, and then enter my pin. They take the machine back and watch the little receipt print out in front of their face which says how much you have paid - you can always see that little expectation brewing of the amount to be different to how much the food costs so they know they got a tip. Doesn't happen too often, they then loose the happy expression they've been giving you for the last half hour and walk away as soon as possible. In America it was much easier to tip because it was just expected but then awkward when you don't have any smaller bills to tip with.. Empty the change out.

Buying train tickets on the train. Sometimes it is unavoidable, its the weekend and the office is closed and the machine is out of order. The train literally pulls up so you have to run on. I always buy a ticket but on the odd occasion when I have had to buy it on the train I've always found it awkward. The ticket man always gives you that look judging whether or not your telling the truth and if he fancies giving you a fine. I have never been fined, I've never seen someone get fined either because they are generally nice about it and don't want to take your money unless you give them grief.

A final one. Mentioning things that someone isn't supposed to here or know and then you blurt it out and ah.. I won't go into detail with these things because usually once they've found out there is some sort of fallout or it is still treated as private. Plus I have another picture.

Day 576
EGGBERT!


I don't really know why he came to be but he does fit nicely on top of our kitchen towel holder thing. He was carefully designed by Amy with a sharpie because they totally do write on anything - I redrew the flame size bar on my parents oven a while ago with one. It is still there even after rigerous cleaning or grease and stuff.. But they weren't too accurate so the real value of them is questionable. Anytime you want some paper you have to move him but he makes a nice addition so I guess he will stay there until he becomes.. Noticeable out of date?

I like cats. Look at this:
http://news.sky.com/story/1416247/dead-cat-escapes-grave-after-being-buried-alive
So this cat got hit by a car and was presumed dead - if you look at the poor thing it doesn't exactly look like it should be alive.. And was then buried by the family. It dug itself out  after five days and is now on the mend. Just what? How? It is crazy.

We were also watching a cat program before we came to bed, the secret life of cats and there are some pretty cool cat facts to had out of that. Especially for aspiring crazy cat ladies, you need to be able to throw these at the postman when you collar him when he delivers your box of assorted cat bells.

Thanks for reading people of the interwebs, blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment