Monday 5 January 2015

Would I Lie to You?

I won't lie - it feels like a really long time since I have posted on here even though I know I last did it on Thursday. I guess that is what happens when you have a pretty hectic weekend full of driving, walking and picking. I know this probably makes no sense to you at all because it isn't really something that I have discussed on here as of yet.. I probably won't fully divulge but you'll get a pretty decent idea as to what I am going on about when you have a look at the pictures down below. Well. Picture. Just the one. Another is just tasty, and at this point in time the third is actually undecided. Oo, the mystery!

Right now? I am playing Shadow of Mordor, it is really something that for a gamer like me, does not get boring because of the wonderful gameplay. The graphics are really good paired with the nice variety of finishers means that the fighting will stay entertaining. It has got a lot of bad press from reviewers because from what I can tell it is quite a short game - this is of course if you only do the story rather than all the other bits in-between. Myself, I like do something 100% if and where I can so I think there shall be many hours in this for me. Plus the voice acting is pretty good, many familiar faces on the IMDB page from old sci-fi programmes. I guess this is the type of thing they move into, because at the moment that genre has dried up a bit in terms of the variety of content. I used to watch loads when I was younger! Here are some reviews of the game to give you an idea if you're on the fence - mine is that it is definitely worth it especially as the price has come down a lot since its release!
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/26/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-review
http://www.gamespot.com/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor/reviews/
http://www.joystiq.com/2015/01/03/joystiq-top-10-of-2014-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-yo/

Friday night, the Anniversary Big Fat Quiz was so so so much better than the 2014 one. The people they had on as guests, returning players, were all very good. The only other person I would have liked was ol' Richard with the crazy hair because I just really like him a lot. It all started with the IT Crowd with me. We also joined in on this one and tied with the first place score which I didn't really understand because.. This was stuff from over 10 years yet it was there in my brain ready whereas things from the same year, fluttered off over yonder.

Shall we get into some pictures? I think so. I didn't realise I had left the blog this late and am also constantly getting distracted by the armies of Sauron - how rude?

Day 550
See now, I am pretty sure I have shared these before.


If you do not recognise them, you may not have seen that post or I am mistaken and have not shared them before. The reason I thought I would share them again is mainly because they taste awesome but because Amy made the little lovelies on Saturday. They are basically mini pizzas but they are made on wraps rather than a pizza dough base, cut out using a tin to get just the right size for a muffin tray. We then added tomato puree, chorizo, cheese and also chives as we had some laying around. Just pop them in the oven on gas mark 4 for 10-15 minutes and you have a cheeky little lunch. We made six each but I got excited and ate one before I took the picture.. We used tomato wraps this time to give an extra bit of flavour and they worked pretty well. It is nice as the wraps go crisp when you pop them in the oven so you have something nice and sturdy to hold on to.

Look at me talking about the dynamics of eating muffin tray pizza's. What?

Day 551
These, are the smallest mice I have ever seen.


Now, I am pretty sure off the top of my head they are called fancy mice, I don't really get the name but that is what they were labelled as being. They are so small and bundled up, I quite enjoyed looking at them. I was in Maidstone with my Dad and were walking around some of the shops, this one happened to be a pet shop and these little things were next to the rabbits - one of which was so fluffy. Little creatures like this always like to bundle up underneath things like that, maybe to be warm but most likely to hide from all the giants which seem very interested in them. 

There was a hamster in a glass tank above that had dug out all of the bedding in the corner of the tank and was still digging for dear life. Obviously, we knew it wasn't going to get anywhere and I didn't want to be the one to tell it. The thing I always find strange about animals is that they just know things - like we have to learn to do a lot of stuff but like migratory birds just have that instinct of knowing where to fly. That hamster clearly knew it wanted to dig down because it was in some sort of unnatural place of habitation.

Then again - so cute.

Missed the midnight Sunday deadline. So for reference, this is where I got to at midnight.. Yeah, sharing.

Day 552
This one here - this is the mystery picture I mentioned.


 All you can see here is my leaning on two rather hefty boxes with another two in front - manned by Amy who at this point was taking a picture. Don't I look really excited. We were at Lakeside, somewhere which I will not name. Adding the allure of the mystery. It looks like, like we are queuing but for what I wonder? This is the fruits of two days labour, a late one on Saturday night which meant we didn't even get charged for the crossing and also today, walking and stuff. Some of you who have been here will probably snap it right up or I haven't been as vague as I thought.. And it is dead obvious. Either way - wuha. Stuff.

I tell you another thing we have now tried, on Friday I am pretty sure because we went over to a Tesco's near a McDonalds. We tried the McRib which from what I can tell is a boneless rack of ribs in a burger. COVERED in sauce, and I mean covered. I usually don't need a single napkin when I go there but this time I went though at least three. It was pretty tasty don't get me wrong but if it was on the regular menu I don't think it would be the pride of place for me, you can't quite beat a big mac or a quarter pounder. Simple, terrible yet tasty.

As I have missed my deadline, I shall leave it here. I will continue to slay the minions of Morder - and stuff? Blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment