Friday 9 January 2015

Elastic Hearts

I am pretty sure that I have before mentioned that music is not really my thing, I do however enjoy music videos. I won't go out of my way to watch one but if they are good then I can quite enjoy them. Some of them can get quite weird such as the new one by Sia for her song Elastic Hearts found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWZGAExj-es
The song itself is pretty good, I often find that when I watch a music video I am paying more attention to what is going on and miss the song.. A little bit of background, the gent, Shia LaBeouf - whom I think is a very good actor - is 28 and the girl is a reality TV star who is 12. And they dance in this cage like animals for the music video which has generated claims which you can imagine. Sia did what any artist would do and apologise, but also stand up for her video as she should, here:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/sia-responds-to-criticism-for-elastic-heart-video-that-sees-shia-labeouf-wrestle-with-a-12yearold-9964392.html
Whilst I agree that the age gap and the nature of the dancing may appear inappropriate, it was in a controlled environment and they were acting out a short film basically to try and portray a story. I don't get the story in all honesty but they both clearly knew what was going on and just find these accusations a bit strange. It's like you post something to the internet and it is near impossible to offend someone. It is music and acting, that is all.

But hey, I'm just a go sitting in an office chair.

Random interlude - I had a pizza at Pizza Express today, they asked how I wanted the egg done on my pizza and I said soft, it was the hardest egg I have ever had. Just wanted to add that in. Yes, there is a fried egg on one of their pizzas.

It is quite an odd thing, to be planning something, thinking about how it all works and fits together, then planning side of it. When it comes to actually doing it, personally, I never expect it to go how it was planned because there are always them rogue elements that you can never plan for. Recently I have found the exact opposite where what I have planned has either worked exactly as expected or worked out even better. Also a random interlude as I am not telling you what the thing is still. Ha.

Day 556
So it turns out, I was supposed to use this picture yesterday so here it is today instead, tada!


This is what I meant by watching someone dress a sofa. Putting on the cushion covers and stuff - which I must say were made so well they fit like some tailored trousers, and also look like jeans. It was hard, and they were very puffy and required a lot of shoving to get in.. As you saw yesterday, they totally worked so it is all good now.

Thanks. As always. Blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment