Thursday 22 January 2015

Praise be to Wifi

It has arrived, in all its shiny high speed glory. We finally have an active fibre line connected, we will also have a YouView box once that is set up and a working phone line when we get around to buying house phones.. Those be rather expensive for what they are to be honest but that is just the way things are.

I am on the Mac at the moment, which I haven't done in a while.. I don't know why because I will have been able to play Steam games offline and stuff and it would have just updated but.. I have ended up watching really random TV programmes, lots of ones about tattoos, one we like watching it called Tattoo Nightmares and it just covering up horrendous tattoos with awesome ones. Like. Crazy. I have never had the function to record TV either so I will be looking forward to that.. Should mean I won't miss many things, especially as the stuff I want to watch is on them random channels that don't have a catchup service.

I have been driving too and fro Orpington this week for a training course, it was really good. The driving side of it was tedious, about a 50 mile round trip a day, pretty much used up 3/4 a tank of petrol. Traffic in the morning sucks, traffic in the evening sucks. Especially as they were doing that operation stack thing between junction 8-9 of the M20. Luckily I got to miss that bit and most of the other major problems.. Got a good use out of the SatNav as well which keeps complaining because it hasn't been updated in 8 months. Meh.

I also played football with my work colleagues today, which has a history of injuring people.. I did fall over and now have a bump on my elbow and tender knee but that is why they are there, to protect my lovely head. As much as it hurts. I wouldn't remember it if I hit my head.. There was a boy racer in a van skidding around in the gravel of the car park which looked 'impressive' is the word I think he was going for. It ended up more towards.. Plonker, Rodney.

The TV is now living up to its full potential with Netflix and YouTube - I like YouTube on there. We watched a best of pranks thing from this dude whose name currently eludes me.. It is pretty good quality as well, I noticed when say streaming from the Apple TV, it usually did quite bump it up to at least standard definition straight away like watching it phone sized stretched to the TV size. This - pow! Done. Loaded. HD. I have actually started to notice the different between standard and HD now.. I am going to become a HD junky, I know it. Especially now I have seen the Xbox One in its fully glory.

PICTURES!

Day 568
So this first one is a little bit of a gloat.. Amy sent me a screenshot of a speed test that she did, it was pretty good.


I just did another one, got an even better result so the nerd in me is super happy right now. I have been told though of many problems with the Home Hub 5 so I am just hoping that it is a coincidence that everyone else has had a problem.. We shall see.

Day 569
Oo and another picture. This one here be a present my brother gave to Amy.


It is pretty big, it does seem to be doing something because since it has been up Amy has twitched in her sleep a lot. She of course doesn't notice because she is asleep. It might just be a coincidence but hey ho, they happened at the same time.

Have a look at this news story, it is pretty crazy.
http://news.sky.com/story/1412266/boy-entrepreneur-invents-lego-braille-printer
A 13 year old made a Braille machine out of Lego - you can do anything with Lego. It is pretty amazing. I think it is really good as well, I had no idea that a Braille printer was so expensive. That is how you start a business though, find something that needs making better and make it better. He is on it, probably going to be pretty rich in years to come..

I now sleep on my dressing gown. Hear me out - it is cold in the morning. I could do something with the central heating settings but it is just me up in the morning so I can just deal with it. If I sleep on the dressing gown, it is warm all night and then I just pop my arms in it in the morning. I am very much enjoying it and it has made getting out of bed much easier.. Does this count as a life hack? I like life hacks.

That's all for today, it is pretty disorganised.. I think it is the general adrenaline caused by wifi and being able to type properly! Blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment