Saturday 14 February 2015

50 Shades of Awkward

What is this madness? A post - on a Friday!? Let's all just calm down. I just wanted to do a post today because I fancied it. Perks of being the sole poster to a page. Post what I want, when I want! When I don't fall asleep of course.

Before we get into the stuff below, first I would like to say I have made a new email account. It is just for this Blog and is aptly named MattTalksLife@gmail.com and I want anyone who fancies it to pop me an email. This can be suggestions, requests etc. and if you're happy with me to share then I shall. Of course, I won't share your email address.
Email me! MattTalksLife@gmail.com

So, yesterday, I booked a day off because I have some leave left over from the past year. We decided to drive around and go to a load of different places. We started off with Bluewater, we realised at this point that we haven't been there in a very long time. Compared to usual. The main perks about going during the day is it is so dang easy to park. One thing I find interesting about going there at all, mainly if I'm not driving is seeing where people park. I myself always park in the carpark next to Shopping Mobility as that was the first one I went to know how to get in and out without a problem. My friends either ask where I recommend to park - and we end up there - or go to where they like to go. Upper floors, the other side.. Or just wherever there is a space.

Moving on..

It wasn't a successful trip. The only thing we left with was food in our tummies and also a holiday brochure. Which was free. We did have some ideas of things we wanted but as soon as you know that - you're not going to find anything. Myself for example, I have a gift card in Waterstrones but whenever I go in there I have no idea what to buy! I was thinking about getting a graphic novel but I know if I get one, its a commitment to get the rest. And they huge all in one ones are too expensive. There is no winning! We also inadvertently turned up the day of a new shop opening, called Smiggle. Imagine the old shop David and Goliath - just its stationary. Like crazy colours and monster designs and stuff. It is pretty cool, we don't really have much use for it at this time in our lives though so yeah, shop.

We also ended up at a Sainsburys, a Tesco and a Morrisons. No reason, just they were there on passing and we had a look and stuff. Comparing the offers and prices for ourselves. We did however, purchase two items which bought about the following item..

Day 591
You've gotta have a red nose!


I love a red nose. I like the event on TV. I like that it is for charity. The thing I don't like so much this year is that it is a lucky dip as to which nose you get. They now come individually packed in a little foil type bag which is super hard to open without scissors. And you know don't know which you've got until you open them up. Now. I wanted the space dude but got the vampire. Amy wanted a snorkel dude and got the monster. Don't get us wrong - we clearly like them but I liked being able to pick. I guess the idea is they feel more collectable now, as you have to open it up to see - you might end up with duplicates and it'll make you want to buy more - so more to charity. Or something. Speculations.

Amy just shared this with me, it is friggin' amazing so go watch it please!
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/13/see-fan-made-pixel-perfect-couch-gag-simpsons-this-sunday?asdf
Some dudes made The Simpsons title sequence in 8 bit and it is actually amazing, they've done th music as well and even added in some extra little bits. Apparently they are even going to use it on a real episode because it was so good. Must be crazy for something like that to happen, they probably just started it together thinking it would be fun and now it'll be seen and shared by millions.

There is a car alarm, or some sort of annoying noise outside. It has been going off for the last 15 minutes. I hate distractions.

Day 592
So. Today. This evening. We totally went and watched the Fifty Shades of Grey film and the cinema was pretty packed, not compared to the next showing which was completely sold out when Amy checked it.


This here be the new book cover, as they've done the classic rebrand for the film release just to make sure they can get a little bit extra out of people, usually super fans who want to own all the different covers etc.

I am not going to lie - I am not too sure what my overall verdict is of the film. I have read the first two books and a bit of the third so I knew what I was in for. Obviously, all of the raunchy bits were toned down to be able to be released in the cinema and a lot was cut in terms of explicit scenes because there'd be far too much.. A lot of reviews have come in negative, the main issue people had was the lack of sparks between the two characters to make it more believable. Whilst I agree this would of course make it better, the gent is married so he probably didn't want to look too convincing..

The scenes I think were done pretty well and a lot of it did actually resemble the book which I really liked, often they can go down a different route because it would look good on screen. Of course, some bits were missed or skipped over quicker compared to what you would think they should've been. I must say, some of it was pretty funny like the little looks and the timing of the lines, often had the cinema laughing. Really, what you want to know is should you go and watch it? I will always say yes because everyone has their own taste in cinema and something I love, you might hate and vice versa. I would say don't get your hopes up for an absolute masterclass because it wasn't quite up to par, it just felt like there was something missing - other than clothes.

Tell you what though, turns out I have a number of awkward moment faces I didn't even know I could make. Sharing.

One lady in the cinema - my God she was laughing so hard. There was one line in particular.. Which I will not add because it is rude.. About 'making love' as said in the film. As soon as he finished saying it - boom! She was gone, for a good five minutes. And it got to the point a lot of people were laughing with her or at her because no one really knew what to tell her, or how to calm her. I started laughing and managed to stop myself but my oh my, she must have loved it.

Over all though, it is just smut. Amy's descriptive word of the day that.

There we go! A sneaky Friday - now Saturday morning post. I class it as the day before as I have not slept yet so good Friday to you people, blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment