Thursday 19 February 2015

For Never 21

This, right here, will be my last post as a 21 year old. And in all honesty - it doesn't feel too different overall. I think they only different feeling about birthdays is people telling you that you're older on that one day. That's just me anyway. I know I also haven't posted in a while but I have been nabbed by that evil mistress of sleep each night so.. Yeah. This is of course a triple for the past three days.

I know this won't be posted until it actually is my birthday but, as I have mentioned before, until I have slept it doesn't feel like the next day.

Now - all three of these pictures are actually present I have already received from my parents even though my birthday is tomorrow.. I was there on the weekend so I was given them then. I am not going to argue with early presents!

Day 595
One, which I have started today with Amy, was a Where's Wally puzzle, it is a classic one from one of the old books where they are filming a load of stuff in the wild west.


I used to be quite obsessed with Where's Wally. I had loads of books, I had found Wally and all of the side kicks, enemies and extra snippets which they give you to find at the back. Looking back on it now, I always regretted marking where everything was because then you can't give it away or find everything again because.. It is already there.

Right now, we have all but one edge piece slotted together! It is getting rather annoying sifting through all the remainder of the pieces to find this one. I know we don't need it to start but it is always nice to have the border complete so you can just fill it in. It is 1000 pieces so I am really not sure where this one piece is mixed in with.. I sifted through it all at first separating the edge pieces as you can see above but.. I must have missed it. Now we have to go through like a needle in a haystack.

The box is also full of grass for some reason. What?

I guess this also means there is not a lot of room to eat at the dinner table.. Oops. I started piecing this together when the Red Nose Day Bake Off was on, they had YouTuber Zoella on. Of the English vloggers, I think she is the first to have become 'famous' as she's has recently had a book released, she's appeared on this on TV, she was only in the news paper today because she has just bought a £1,000,000 five bed mansion in Brighton thanks to her crazy advertisement income! Well done to her in all fairness, it is one of the reasons I have always been interested in YouTube but at the same time it seems crazy.. It is like a ridiculously well paid hobby.

Day 596
I also have a lovely new jumper which is super warm. So warm, I have now ditched the coat for my walk to work, even though it seems just as cold.. I don't check the weather reports but gauging from the ice levels on the cars in the morning - assume it is about the same.


It fits nice and snuggly. Good times.

Before Christmas I was in a lack of jumpers, now I have a plethora - great word I know. Which is nice but a shame at the same time because it is heading towards warmer months and I don't want to melt.. Amy just screamed at me "You're 23!" Nope. I'm not.

Moving on.

I'M FEELING 22. Ha. That means in three years I won't have to pay extra to drive in America. Which is nice. It makes the car hire price so much more expensive, which kind of sucks. Driving out there is so easy compared to driving over here.. Straight lines and turnings.

Day 597
And here is the third picture. Technically Where's Wally themed again just with more recent characters, The Stig and meerkats to specific. I wonder if the people that came up with the comparethemeerket adverts ever thought it would go this far.. Because they've probably made enough money off of that as well! We have a safari Baby Oleg toy on it's way to us in the post. We keep getting emails about him saying he's been delayed because they left something in Africa and had to go back.. Yeah.


I think my parents may think I am older than 22 because they've given me a lot of things to keep my mind active.. And I know they say you should do that as you get older but with crosswords and the such. I will have a proper look through these, at the moment I am trying to find that missing puzzle piece for Pete sake!

So. Let me think. What things have I done for a first in my year as a 21 year old?
  1. I've flown to America
  2. I've driven a left hand drive car 
  3. I've driven on the wrong side of the road - in America, not for the sake of it
  4. I've been to Disney Land
  5. I've learnt to swim - sort of
  6. I've been 21..
  7. I've moved out
  8. I've met loads of new people, mainly thanks to my job
  9. I've assembled my first pieces of furniture
  10. I've been go-karting
  11. I've made my first quesadilla
  12. I've fully committed to my Blog 
  13. I've uploaded my first video to YouTube
  14. I've bought an Xbox One
  15. I've been to Epcot
  16. I've been to Busch Gardens
  17. I've been to a REAL Taco Bell - not like Lakeside.. Ergh..
  18. I've learned that American McDonalds SUCKS!
  19. I've ironed my first shirt
  20. I've been to Winter Wonderland
  21. I've been to Alton Towers
That was far to hard to think of. Hence all the references to America because that was pretty much all new. But I didn't want to cheat too much.

Thank for reading. Next time I will be a really old dude. Ha. Blog you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment