Friday 20 February 2015

I'm Feeling 22

I bet you've never heard that reference before when someone turns 22. So original to reference a modern pop song - nailed it.

Remember, you can email me - matttalkslife@gmail.com

So, I have now officially been 22 for two days and what do I think of it? Well not a lot of difference, I know that I am most definitely going to forget that fact and still tell people I am 21. I can only look forwards to getting older because despite moving away from things which are in the here and now, I know I am only moving forwards onto new and exciting things and plenty more firsts. For example, that soft barrier of hitting 25 and making your car insurance drop in price - apparently anyway.

So in terms of what I did for my birthday, it was nice and simple. Had the day off work, had a nice little lay in. Popped to the shop with Amy as she made some more brownies which were also awesome - got a Rolo one this time which is nearly all gone already.. Watched some TV, did some more of my puzzle which is still super duper hard and missing a border piece. I want it to be in the box so bad but I just feel like I would have come across it by now.

Also had a little birthday 'lunch' which I say that way because.. It was lunch that ranged from 16:00 to about 19:00.. We were a group of six, we went to Frankie and Benny's because they've got such a decent selection on their lunch menu now, I can't remember when that happened. We got our drinks and waited for our last arrival and then ordered. And waited 40 minutes for the starters, 30 for the mains and then 10 for the desserts - probably only needed a blast in the microwave.. Now, I am always torn between two sides with Frankie and Benny's because it has always held a special place in my heart as I took Amy to dinner there on our first date type event as a couple in my old fiesta. We used to go there a lot, I can honestly say. I remember going there in a full suit on our second Valentine's day because I wanted to be all fancy, and everyone else was there eating in casual clothes, I never felt more over dressed. Since then, it has just been a steady decline in service. It just seems like the staff were ever changing and just generally not caring.. I don't know what happened. Then again, I am talking three years ago so who knows what happened with their training between now and then? All I know is, its gone down hill. We go there once every now and then at the moment sort of hoping that things will have perked back up but.. We don't hold our breath and clearly for good reason.

After that we headed back to the TV and watched the hour long Eastenders. I am no fan but.. Dang I did want to know who killed Lucy. A couple of people in the group weren't interested at all and they still watched it just as intently. It is that weird mob mentality mixed with the hype of adverts and social media - you just end up watching it anyway even if you weren't interested. Of course, it ended on Jane being the supposed killer, it is at this point that we all went our ways, some home, others shopping - myself and Amy included.. Yes it was my birthday but we've found a great balance with the ripeness of the bananas on a Thursday. I can get enough for the week and they'll keep in good nick. It was then via the out pours on Facebook we discovered it was Bobby who did it - I called that without being serious just to be proven right. Which was awkward. Apparently he was bookies favourite so they must have an inside track somehow.. Does seem like a strange choice to end a 10 month build up - but anyone else it would have really been signing their release from the show because they would be off to prison.

All in all a good day. Amy has also told me that my loot crate was dispatched today so that means it should be around in the next 1-2 weeks! How about a picture to break it up eh?

Day 598
As I have mentioned the ol' puzzle, how about an update as to the progress of it?


It is looking good right? Now I look at it - no not really. I am sort of just associating pieces by colour and making it where I think it will end up roughly.. Which is kind of working. Sometimes I pick a bit out and now know where about in the image it should be - and have it the wrong way up. It sits there looking me in the face, all of sudden I nudge it with another piece and realise where it fits! I feel dense at that point. It is so hard though, I want to start building in the edge more but where most of it is jumbled up cowboy pieces they all look the same! Just trying to get as many bits out of the box on to the table with other bits to thin it out.. Having the picture propped up by Amy's Neapolitan ice cream candle does help though.

I started watching a new series on Netflix today, something called Z Nation. It has gotten pretty good reviews,  I think it was 4-4.5 stars. Gave it a try - it is pretty much The Walking Dead with a slightly different story.. More action scenes which are a lot less graphic.. Which kind of balances it out I guess? The main difference I have found is that we've jumped right in three years into the out break with Z Nation - people just getting on with it and not being too surprised. Walking Dead really eased us in with the leads story and now is just all out shockers. Things that would make you double take. I am enjoying it though, there isn't a lot of variation that you can take I guess when talking zombie apocalypse for the story.

Today also saw the return of the mighty Gogglebox! I laughed so much during todays, I am not going to lie. I have always had a split response from people when I mention it, kind of like marmite where people love it and hate it. The people who 'hate' it just don't understand the point of watching the reactions of other people. We find it funny and insightful because often your thoughts on a subject will be matched. Or questioned, giving you another perspective which is always nice, get the old grey cells ticking over a bit. The two ladies from London who accepted the award for the show have sort of become the figure heads without meaning to I think. The two people who run the B&B didn't appear at all.. But I am assuming that maybe be conflict with that The Jump program one was in.. I can't think of another reason. I did miss their little sausage dog though. I would say the breed but it is dang hard to spell.

Day 599
That is terribly close to day 600.. I am not too sure what to do for that. Did I do something for 500? I should know in all honesty.


This is something we got from Tesco yesterday on our shop, a new Tango flavour which I am in great appreciation of. It is called Intense Citrus and to me - tastes exactly like bitter lemon which I really like. I think it is supposed to be a mix of lemon, lime and orange but for me the lemon was king. On a random side note - lemons are awesome. We have half of one in the fridge all the time, we literally bin it after a week - it comes out larger than it went in. It sucks up all the smells and keeps the fridge smelling fresh - a neat little trick for you.

I thought I would just Google 22 to see what comes up - of course top of the pickings was the Tay Swizzle song. Oddly, well I thought it was odd anyway, second was a wikipedia post for the number 22.. Which I find slightly odd as we all understand it is a number and can only assume there are links to other things involving 22.. I wonder how high the number count on wiki goes.. After that we get iPlayer throwing season 22 of Top Gear at you.. Then lyrics for the song.. The odd thing about 22 Jump Street.. The last thing on the first page actually was interesting.

http://www.fastcodesign.com/3041441/22-movies-every-designer-should-watch-on-netflix
Just a little warning.. Chrome crashed for me when first opening the page so be warned! Some of the things on here sound pretty interesting, one I am definitely interested in is Snowpiercer which is number 22 but.. Hey, the power of Googling random things?

Googling doesn't come up as a spelling mistake. Wow.

Thanks for reading. Blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment