Thursday 26 February 2015

I'm All About That Loot

So I promised you something 'special' but I am going to give you a lovely break down of this months loot crate which I am super excited about! I've always wanted to get some and thanks to Amy I now do. This months theme was Play so it is about games and stuff. I wasn't really too sure what to expect but all the other unboxings I have seen had awesome stuff. I was also quite surprised that it came so fast because Amy only got an email a couple of days ago saying that it was getting flown over so.. They are pretty snappy at getting everything to where it needs to be. This is also technically day Number 605 but it'll have a grand total of.. Brace yourself.. Six pictures. I know, calm down. Please.

So lets start with a group shot. This shows all the contents of the crate which I beautifully arranged.


Its really nice because it all fits in the box nicely, I know things are sometimes designed in such a way it is all packed in so once it is out, you're not getting back in the box. I appreciate it all being to fit back in because it keeps it all in once place and I shouldn't loose anything. I say this now, you always find a way to loose something. With the plan we got, this basically cost about £18 including shipping from America. I honestly don't understand how they make money from it, clearly the bulk buying discount must be huge so it still turns a profit.. I am happy either way. I guess I sort of don't care how they do it if it works and I get cool stuff!

So lets go for our first close up..


So, this is a Munny. It is from a company called MunnyWorld and it is basically a blank canvas which allows you to draw your own design on. This one comes with three pens, I haven't opened it up fully yet so I haven't decided that I am going to draw as it really depends on the colours. I found, from what I can tell, the same sort of thing on Amazon here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kidrobot-Mini-Munny-Re-Usable-Munnyworld-markers/dp/B00MVQO4D0/ref=sr_1_3?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1424990083&sr=1-3&keywords=munnyworld
This is valued at £15 which really surprised me because that basically matches the price of the entire crate on its own. You can buy extra colours to go with it, I suppose they must use a certain type of pen to make sure it rubs off nicely otherwise I can imagine it getting pretty frustrating. They also do different models as well depending on what you want, they are on the main website but I am not sure if they ship internationally. They also sell a giant one, it is 4 foot tall, I don't think you can customise it but.. It is priced at $5,000 so.. You'd probably spend as much to get pens to cover the thing! Have a look here as well for some designs people have done.. It is pretty awesome. Shame it hasn't been updated since 2009 though, the internet probably has loads of other examples anyway!
http://sites.kidrobot.com/munnyworld/?p=gallery


This one here is a book written by an American author, it is is first published book but he works in other areas so is an experienced writer. When I read the title "Ready Player One" I wasn't too sure what to expect in terms of the story line but I read the blurb and it sounds pretty interesting. It is based in the year 2044 and is about someone who plays a virtual reality game. Within this game there are puzzles you have to solve which you must explore the real world to find. As you can see it is described as Willy Wonka meeting The Matrix so I really don't know what to expect. Should be good though. Something that I know Amy appreciates is the American style books. They literally fall open which makes them much easier to read as your aren't constantly fighting the book and you don't need to bend the pages or cover. I'll let you know how it goes. Found this on Amazon for just over £6 for the same cover and paperback version I have:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ready-Player-One-Ernest-Cline/dp/0099560437
And also some reviews as they are always useful if you aren't sure about a book!
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9969571-ready-player-one
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/15/books/ready-player-one-by-ernest-cline-review.html?_r=0


This little thing is called Scarab, but Amy has nicknamed it Scrab or Scrabby. It was one of the things I saw when I opened the box and really had no idea what it was at all.. It has tiny little motors in it which run really fast and makes it's legs move so it just runs around bouncing off of things. We can't really tell if there is a sensor as sometimes it seems like it turns away from things but then other times it just goes full whack into them without a care in the world. It has a pretty good fight with carpet because of its pointy legs but.. We could imagine this being really good fun to have with a cat because they would go crazy for it. Probably break it, but it would be good for YouTube! You can see how small it is sitting in the palm of my hand, my hands are a little big so it does look a bit smaller anyway but.. Yeah, added effect I guess. Here's the little thing on Amazon coming in at just over £10 but does include three batteries, it takes like watch batteries:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hexbug-Scarab-Electronic-Toys/dp/B006SLYAUQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424991080&sr=8-1&keywords=scarab
It is from a line of toys called Hexbug and there are other designs and glowing things.. Here's their site.
http://www.hexbug.com/


Here we have a packman poster, from what I can tell it looks like a game card or cartridge of some sort over all? I can't really tell. It comes wrapped up like a scroll in a little cardboard rectangle, so at the moment it just wants to curl back up hence why I am holding it open. It is a really simple design, I quite like it. It is just a bit bigger than an A4 piece of paper so I will find somewhere for it at some point. This is one of the things that I like about the loot crate, is that this is from what I understand an exclusive so you can't just buy these online!


This picture is sort of the little bits and bobs left over in the box. The box itself, you may see, unwraps to make a board for a board game, which is what a lot of the other bits and pieces are for. You can see the dice in the bottom right corner, these are number dice where the numbers are represented by fingers and also a rock paper scissor dice? It basically has the icons on it and you take it turns rolling to see who goes first in a game. Clever as it leave it to change and you can just play that as a game on it's own. There is a pack of cards which I believe go with the game - I haven't opened them up yet. The thing in the bottom left is exclusive codes for content in some games, I think PC based. I know they are games that I don't personally play so I might do eventually or I will have to think of something to do with them as there is no point them going to waste. The booklet in the top right of the box has information on the all the other stuff in the box. It also has a history of gaming controllers and a mini article on why coop gaming is actually good for us! The back page has pop outs for the board game so counters and little people. Pretty awesome.

I am so happy with this loot crate, it is awesome knowing that I have another two on the way. I very much enjoyed sharing it with you, I know people usually do unboxing videos but this'll do just fine for me at the moment. From the items I could find a monetary value for, the crate came to about £31 but including the exclusives, I think it is safe to say that we have easily received twice as much as we put into it overall. Awesome. All over.

We also had pizza today. Pizza!

Email me, let me know if you want it published on the blog and I will respond.
matttalkslife@gmail.com
Blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment