Wednesday 17 April 2013

Middle of the week

Apparently this is the most depressing day of the week, not Monday. Interesting. I always thought it would be Monday as you are looking at the week ahead and Wednesday is closer to the end of it but.. Blah. Scientists know what they are doing.

Was up nice and early today, it's quite strange how much longer the day feels at the end of it. I've been awake for about 14 hours now but I don't feel tired at all. I either have the energy levels of a child with a bag of sugar or I'm part nocturnal. I'm going nocturnal, more likely a scenario.

This may sound really harsh but I don't understand why Margaret Thatcher got such a big funeral. I understand she was prime minister and she was influential and all of that but to such an expense of an economy which is only just recovering from a double, nearly triple dip recession - hmm. Maybe it's just the pessimist in me stamping his feet but I don't know. What I did see of it was very respectful and a great show of our countries armed forces and police etc. Does this mean that all prime ministers that will die in the future will get the same? My mum was very interested in the horse which seemed to be biting the other horses face. It wouldn't stop. Literally.

I just said something political. Uh oh.

The highlight of my day was my break at work. Not because I got to stop working but because I got to see Amy. She had work all day until 6 and I worked from 4 until 10 so it was really nice to be able to see her before it was dark. Really wish I didn't have work as it was perfect waking weather! So sunny, gentle breeze and I just wanted to be outside. The closest I got to that was checking the dates on flowers. I think I would have dragged Amy to the ducks if we went on a walk. We are liking our walking, shame we had to miss one today. Looking forward to tomorrow's!

Now, a lot of these pictures which turn up on here are old pictures that I haven't deleted. Like the one of me with the apple in my mouth - pretty sure it said May 2012 on the screen. These pictures are like a little glimpse into my past. Spooky.

The first picture down the bottom is from last week. My mum and dad gave Amy a make your own Easter chocolates thing and we made them while they were away. We decided to melt cadburys chocolate rather than the cheapy stuff that came with it because that was some funky stuff. They turned out really well, tasted good and I got to lick the bowl. I don't care how old I am.

The second is from my birthday trip to London. In the aquarium they had a glass floor and all these crazy fish were darting around everywhere. Pretty sure they know what a camera is because I can't see any in the shot but - a fish is a fish right?

Might be talking about a game I'm really hoping is made and looking forward to tomorrow. It's currently on PC on Steam and is called The Binding Of Isaac. I've never played it but love watching it. The port would have new content and be called Rebirth. Fingers crossed!

Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed as always. I said something controversial today, don't know if I'm proud of that or not. It's on the Internet now so.. Ahh.



No comments:

Post a Comment