Tuesday 2 April 2013

Random Stuff

So this post is sort of a mish mash of things that are floating around in my head today. It was one of them days.

First off, me and Amy went to Frankie and Benny's today for the lunch menu which works out at under £25 for two people, three courses and unlimited drinks which is on the same par as Nando's. We used to go to there a lot to eat, it was the first place we ate out and we like to go there on Valentines so it has a lot of fond memories for us. I'm also pretty sure that my favourite type of food is Italian so that always helps. Carbs for the win. It got me thinking about what is really important when you go out to eat. I'd say for a lot of people price is probably one of the biggest attractions for them, because places like the Hungry Horse boast really cheap meals but in comparison - the food and service isn't up to par with somewhere in London where a glass of mineral water costs £5. There needs to be a balance between quality of food, the price, the environment and the service. To be fair to the Hungry Horse, it doubles up as a pub so you may go there for that banter based environment rather than a serious meal. For me, I would say my favourite place to eat out would have to be Chiquito. The food is always good, the service always comes with a smile, the music is pretty good and the cocktails are awesome. Alcohol. Let me know where you like to eat - what matters to you?

Something I was thinking today is about how people show their idea of being emotionally strong. Some people are okay with being sad or crying in public with other people where as some will feel they are stronger by being able to put on a brave face. Honestly there is no right or wrong here - we are all different, we each deal with things in our own way. Just something I wanted to chuck out there. Because I can.

military working cat army
http://www.businessinsider.com/us-army-is-fielding-military-working-cats-april-1-2013-4

Yesterday was April Fools as we all know and some people take it more seriously than others. I myself don't really do a lot of jokes because it's a bit obvious when you do it on the 1st of April. Just do it at another time of year and call it a joke. Same principle really. I found this article about loads of tricks which companies did yesterday, I think it's awesome that they can actually take the time out from making money to do something fun. Give something to the community.
http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/01/april-fools-2013
Some of the things like Google Nose where you can search your favourite smell and then smell it. As much as you want. Sounds like the ideal thing for a party - then you get them to smell something nasty.
Toshiba said they were releasing a games console. I think we would stay away from that.
A dating website offered kayak dates.
There were quite a few it is easy to say as there is every year. Just it seems silly that some people may still take a load of them seriously. It's April Fools! Happens every year.
BBC joined by saying that the world had exploded and I'm pretty sure it hasn't or it just so happens England didn't notice and we are floating through space.
The army decided to say they were turning cats into soldiers. It was actually just a picture of grumpy cats head on a soldier. I think it would be pretty scary.

Sorry that I posted quite late today, it was the same yesterday. Just having some busy days in the half term - making the most of all the free time! Not that I am at school but there is less traffic thankfully.
Shall blog you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment