Thursday 22 August 2013

Chim Chim Cheeroo

We went to a new restaurant today, me Amy and a Mr Tate. What started off as plans to go to the cinema and get a Maccy D's ended up becoming a very long discussion about where to eat. 

We'd just got back from Maidstone as Amy's dress from Primarni had a hole in it so we went to get that exchanged. We also had a milkshake from Cafe Nero off the bat but it was really good.. I had a chocolate mocha as I felt I needed some caffeine, Amy went for a simple chocolate one. Tate had just finished work and came to mine to see some things on the xbox and then we planned to go to the cinema. We couldn't decide on a film so we thought how about a proper sit down meal instead? Somewhere that we had never been before. We decided on Chimi Changa, a Mexican grill.

We went to the one at the Dockside outlet centre in Chatham for the free parking and we were very impressed to say the least. The place was huge and nicely decorated, the only downside was a wobbly table but then that'll happen anywhere. Tables are tables. The service was excellent and then there was the food. Holy food it was good. 

We had a big sharing starter as it was cheaper than getting one each. It had an assortment of Mexican things which I won't try and spell as I don't want to butcher the words too much. It was basically a fried pulled pork wrap with chicken spring rolls, salad and tortilla chips with dips. For the main I had a Mexican paella which had rice, chicken, chorizo, tiger prawns and some random veg. It was so good. So good. It was also the best chorizo I've ever tried, so good I made the other two try a bit. They both went for a pulled pork fried wrap type thing, once again avoiding spelling the word. The total was £47.00 which we were very happy with. Two courses and a drink for 3 under £50. Awesome. The best bit for me was that the drinks we in glass bottles because drinks just taste sooooo so so much better out of a glass bottle. It's just a shame you can generally only buy coke in a glass bottle and it's super expensive. Like £5-6 for 6 bottles.

I think it is safe to say that we would all recommend going there at some point, great value, great atmosphere. Yummy food! Food. Although we did end up at McDonalds to get a McFlurry. Can't beat £1 ice cream.

Thanks for reading peeps, blog you later.

Day 54
Just because it was in a glass bottle I thought I would use as the picture of the day. I really do love getting a glass bottle, whenever I see that on the menu I jump at the chance. It was a nice surprise today as it didn't actually say it was a glass bottle. I should have assumed really from the 330ml size. Bit bigger than a can and much smaller than a standard 500ml bottle. Awesome. Bet you've never heard something rave and rant so much about drinking from a glass bottle. Yeah. First.


No comments:

Post a Comment