Thursday 8 August 2013

Quite a busy day..

So we knew we had some stuff planned and then it went overboard and turned into a pretty awesome day. 

So today we had already planned to go to the Ashford Designer Outlet Centre, not really to buy anything but to have a look around. We are all saving for stuff and even though it was pay day we didn't really want to spend a lot. There was four of us, me, Amy, Tom and Chloe. The most we spent was on food really. Food is good though. Even though the woman in subway seemed to have a personal vendetta against me. I wanted to order two subs, one for me and one for Amy.. I did Amy's first and then she ignored me and went to the next customer so I thought 'Okay, just queue again!' Then he put gherkins in it when all I asked for was green peppers and red onions. Doesn't remotely sound like gherkin. I ate that one instead so waste not want not. 

I found a really nice shirt that I wanted to be mine but they only had two and they were both small.. It was a purple stripy buttoned shirt in Animal.. I always seem to find something I like in there. And the discounts are always huge! One of my favourite hoodies had £50 off. Crazy! Amy got a nice dress from there, £55 down to £8. So good.

After that we got lost a little bit then found our way to Maidstone. O2 are offering a free valet clean of your car from the people in Fremlin so.. Do that. You need to get there early though because we got there at 15:15 and they said they wouldn't have enough time to do it before they finished. Wondered around there for a while, had a look at some stuff in CeX because it's awesome.. I just find it annoying when stuff in there is the same price new in another shop. Whats the point of getting it second hand with a possible batch of problems than getting it new? Logic be damned. 

By the way, I really want a 3DS right now so if anyone wants to buy me one.. Give me one.. Knows where to get one dirt cheap.. Much obliged, thank you.

After Maidstone we headed to Rochester for a spot of dinner. Hungry Horse style. Not going to lie - I was a bit apprehensive as their service seems a bit hit and miss as you seem to get served by a load of different people. Thursday's deal is a free starter of dessert with any big plate meal. Awesome. So I went for a prawn cocktail because I love prawns. For the main, obviously a gammon steak. Its a pretty big steak, not the beast quality as it is cheap but you do get an egg and a pineapple ring - but this ring is tiny. Like a baby bracelet size. I'd rather have a decent egg or a normal sized pineapple ring. Amy went for cheesy garlic ciabatta and then chicken sizzler skewers. They were bubbling but not sizzling - tut tut. We had our starters for about 2 minutes when they came over asking if we wanted to wait a while for our mains.. We said yes.. Once we had finished and cleared our plates it took about 10 minutes for the mains to come! Someone else had them, I know it.

After that we went to Hollywood Bowl, a seemingly posh bowling place. It was £11.50 for two games which is pretty steep as some places we know it's £2 a game.. But it was really nice. The lanes are nice, the balls are nice, posh touch screen thingys where you can order stuff straight to your lane. The bowling area was very slippery though and on your first shot catches you off guard as you almost launch yourself down the lane. Didn't do too bad but didn't do amazing.. I am generally just happy to break the 100 point mark. That'll do me nicely. 

We then did have a little Tesco's trawl but didn't buy anything.. Wasn't too bothered really. We went and saw Amy's Nan and Granddad as they were back from their trip. And now I am here. Sitting in a chair with a lovely MacBook on my lap typing. I want one. You can stick the 3DS in the same box if you'd like, I'm not fussy. Long post as well, feels like I haven't done one like this in ages! Read it all!

Thanks, blog you later.

Day 39
We also dropped into a garden centre on the outskirts of Maidstone that I never even knew about.. There were a load of hamsters there and this one seemed to be dead. It wasn't but it had a rather epic pose for sleeping. Zombie style.


No comments:

Post a Comment