Thursday 15 August 2013

Star City

Seeing as I didn't type anything out today, I thought I would give another insight into our trip up Birmingham alongside some shananigans from today. See my iPhone says shananigans is a spelling mistake yet auto corrects to it anyway. Pretty sure I've never used that word before..

So today, I started off by doing some bits up the shop. Stuff. Newspaper. Topping up phones. Yeah. 

Sometimes I get this random urge to go on my Xbox and play some multiplayer, but I don't like to because its the main source of rage for gamers. I used to get angry but I boycotted it for a long time and now I'm nice and calm. I think it's mainly because I don't care anymore. I thought I would try something different and went on Halo 4, not going to lie - I kicked buttocks. I didn't over stay my welcome because having a nice short stay is better than having a long bad one. Words of wisdom for nerds. 

Then we popped off to Tesco's to get some bits and bobs. Also to try find tea. You would have thought it would be easy in a shop full of food. Nope! We settled on bolognese.. But with tagliatelle not spaghetti. Of course with the lovely smooth sauce and some mushrooms. It was really good, sometimes all you need is to mix up the pasta. Just because when you hear bolognese you think spaghetti doesn't mean you can't penne. Food.

This evening we caught up on some TV that we missed whilst away because the TV's in the hotel were from the Stone Age.. Only 5 channels, the rest you had to pay for. £9.99 a night! 90210 was just a dramatic ball of good time. I don't even care. Gimme some extensions and paint my nails - I like 90210. Blergh. What just happened?

What I really like for my phone is free stuff. It's awesome. Like why I was very excited to find out that Plants Vs Zombies 2 is free! I got the first one when it was free so I jumped at the chance to get this one. So much has changed but it is so much better. And it runs really smooth. It's just a shame there is a lot of paid plants.. I'm sure you can unlock a lot of them through gameplay anyway but.. I guess making the app free meant they had to try and find ways to make money. Someone'll do it.

The app of the week is Doodle Fit 2 which makes it free also, grab it whilst you can. They've added more game modes in which I think will help you keep playing it.. As good as the first one was you knew that once you get stuck you can't get around it. This one seems to give you different paths to go so.. Better!

I've just looked at my games and realised that it looks like I've paid for loads of apps.. App of the week makes your phone look rich too. Hell yeah.

That's all for today, the photo down bellow will be about Birmingham! Blog you later.

Day 46
So the hotel we stayed at was an Ibis which is really good value at £33 a night. It would seem that because of this everything is ridiculously overpriced. As I mentioned.. Full TV access was £9.99 a night, I know that included movies as well but it's crazy. Monday night we were hungry as you might assume but we had no clue as to where to go for food. Usually the hotels restaurant is a good shout but it was really expensive! £5 for any alcoholic drink, £10-20 mains which seemed a little under par.. It just wasn't worth it. So we hit the Internet and looked for a Pizza Hut. 3 were in the city centre so parking wasn't a problem - it would just cost more than the food. Then we found one at 'Star City.' It was this quite strange entertainment complex with loads of restaurants and a cinema, bowling allies, arcades, little fair ground attractions, football pitches, rock climbing, laser tag and even an indoor crazy gold course. 2400 parking spaces. It was crazy. There was also just a random Subway plonked on its own in front of the place. Everyone loves a Subway though. All in all we were just very happy to find a Pizza Hut. It's just a shame the SatNav told us to turn off one turning too early and.. The road was a bit shady. A dodgy looking garage and a load of lorries. Best 3 point turn ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment