Friday 1 March 2013

Space

I don't know about you but I've always found space amazing. To us, our world seems massive. Our perceptions of the world around make us seem small in comparison. If we could perceive the size of the universe in comparison to us - we would realise how small we really are. Then again, the size of the universe is an incomprehensible thing as scientists believe it to be an ever expanding existence. To be quite honest, this blows my mind. The idea that the entire universe has no constant singular existence is an interesting one to say the least. The most depressing thing is that chances are we will never discover even a fraction of what is out there. The time it would take for us to reach another star is so long that no one could survive the journey unless a couple left and had children on the way there.

At the moment these are just the random ramblings of my brain while I'm laying in bed. Some random loud noise outside woke me up and I looked outside. The stars are always there and always never there. The light we see in the sky is from a star that no longer exists. The answers that we seek on the earth could be out there anywhere waiting for us. The source of all life could be out there. I completed an extended project alongside my A levels at school; and at first I wanted to look into the origins of life. I was thinking of maybe making some posts about that as well, because I find it really interesting. Especially as I have a load of information ready here!


Hope the formatting works on my phone still but we shall see in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment