Thursday 21 March 2013

The Fame Game and Stuff

Sorry that there was no post yesterday, just couldn't get it to work for whatever reason! Oh well, it's working all fine and dandy now so I can get back to it.

It was a shame because I actually had something I've always wondered about. I was watching the celebrity challenge thing for Comic Relief and they were asking all the children what they wanted to be when they were older. They said things like teachers and doctors. In England, a lot of children usually reply with a footballer or a singer, something in the public eye. Or a penguin, I wanted to be a penguin. The under privileged children generally have no access to TV or radio, newspapers and magazines so I would assume they have no real desire to be famous. All we hear about over here is famous people doing this that and the other living the high life and partying. This all seems like fun and games but behind the scenes, it's tough as hell.

When you're famous, people expect certain things from you like behaviour and looks. When you get caught doing something that a 'normal' person would do which isn't necessarily a good thing, you get shunned. If you don't have the perfect body or even a wardrobe malfunction - you end up getting made fun of in The Sun. I've never had the real desire to be famous and seeing all these things makes me think I probably would never want to be. Unless it was on YouTube, it's just my voice the trolls would throttle. It just seems quite unfair to me that these people may genuinely shape their lives around what we expect to stay popular. Plus you must have a very strong mind to deal with it all. There have been a lot of celebrity meltdowns in the past. Just makes me think if people really know what they're getting into when they head down this path. So many celebrities have ended up loosing jobs and careers due to the pressures which come with fame. Many turn to drink and drugs.


First 'Transformers 4' plot details revealed
http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/first-transformers-4-plot-details-revealed/298402

So, as you know I have been asking for people to send me their ideas for this little bit of the post. My friend Tom is a massive transformers fan, he even has a tattoo of the autobots symbol on his arm. He also has a hamster called Galvatron which is the name of the bad guy in the new up and coming Transformers 4: Rise of Galvatron. He suggested that I talked about transformers so I thought I would chuck out some information about the new film and what I think will happen with it. The top hit that came up when I Googled transformers 4 was the NME website. It is still being directed by Michael Bay so we can still expect the same type of film. The biggest change for me would be that Shia LaBeouf has dropped out of the films to move onto other things. Marl Wahlberg has been confirmed for the movie which I would assume to be the new lead alongside a fairly unknown actor in the shape of Jake Reynor. Mark has said that he plans to bring his own twist to the film series so it is nothing like the first three, this is also believed to be the beginning of another trilogy of films - so there's something to look forward to.

The film picks up just after the end of the third film and most of the transformers, autobot and deceptacon alike have left the Earth. Power hungry business men with their mad scientists are trying to learn all they can from technology left behind to try and advance the human race. Obviously we aren't ready for anything like that so hell will probably break loose. Also, Galvatron sets his sights on Earth. It sounds like the autobots will return later in the film to protect the Earth again. I also think we may be looking at some sort of fake transformer which is controlled by human AI. To me it sort of sounds like a spin off as we already know all of the background and history, but the introduction of new cast and the assumed exclusion of the autobots from the early film almost make it feel like another transformer one. This will probably depend on what role Wahlberg and Reynor will take, if they are part of the special forces team who were on level terms with the transformers or if they were just idle citizens. I will probably try and see it because all the other films have been good so far, Bay is a great director and CGI has only gotten better so any combat scenes will be epic!
Here are some links to IMDB pages about the two new main roles and the director incase you want to check out anything else they've done:
Mark Wahlberg
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000242/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
Jack Reynor
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2930503/
Michael Bay
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000881/?ref_=sr_1
Also the link to the NME page
http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/first-transformers-4-plot-details-revealed/298402


This seems to have become the animal section. And not to disappoint but here is a picture of a very unhappy Lola dog. Animals do love to role around in mud. But we then do not like them to role around muddy inside the house. This is what happens.

I would also like to thank a friend who has been sending me lots of interesting articles which I can talk about. I'm not sure if he would mind his name being mentioned so for now he can be called.. Billy Bob. Expect to see these articles included in the next couple of days posts!

I am planning a special post for when I manage to finish the Dead Space image. I am taking a picture at the end of each drawing session which I am doing so that you can see how it is coming along. It's going pretty well so far, there's a hell of a lot of detail so it might take a while longer. If you would like to see what image I am attempting again, here is the link:
http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-24/ds3-legionary-suit.html

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed! Send me anything you want me to talk about whether it be an article or just something you'd like me to do some research on. Blog you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Many people in the public eye are the victims of other peoples hypocrisy! Some of the things the are critized for alomst everyone has done. The media raise them up, and hold them accountable to higher moral values than most people. They are expected to live almost perfect lives. It is often forgotten that they are human to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I always find it strange watching clips of mobs of fans going crazy at the site of their idol. At the end of the day they are made of the same stuff as we are, just they have a job which shows them off to the world. And pays a hell of a lot better..

      Delete