Tuesday 26 March 2013

Laughter

We all love laughing. It can make you feel better when you're sad, helps you to make friends and it can stop you breathing.. Depends on your laugh. I've often wondered why we laugh and what's the point of it. Turns out, scientists think the main reason for it is to create bonds. In tribes, the tribal leader would classically use more humour than his tribesman. It's supposedly a way to exert your power because if people want to be accepted and you're the leader, they need to laugh along with everyone else. Otherwise they'll be seen as an outcast. That's all well and good but that doesn't really explain why we find jokes, puns and innuendos funny.

To put it simply - we laugh because we have no choice really. When we are told a joke or are having a conversation, without even knowing it our brain creates assumed responses. Brains create little electric currents alongside the responses that will help us to respond and continue in the conversation. The punchline or funny comment is an unknown which our brains did not expect. The little electric charge needs to discharge in some way - and that way is laughter. That's why we don't tend to laugh at things we have already heard the punchline too. It's now in the brain as an expected reaction. Cool stuffs.

Some more stuff here:

A quick little snippet about my thoughts on Black Ops II. I am liking it so far, it is all good fun and Treyarch never disappoint me when it comes to story line. They've added a whole new spectrum to the game with customizable level load outs which threw me way off! They also have introduced these missions which run side by side which at the moment are super confusing but I'm sure I will learn them well because I will need to do them to get all the achievements. Achievement Whore, oh yeah. I will do a proper review when I have finished it and had some more experience with the multiplayer. So far I am enjoying that a lot more than the old games, the connections are excellent and the guns seem pretty balanced. The create a class is also much better now, letting you add extra perks etc. at the cost of other balancing factors. Very well thought out.


My cat seems to love cars now. Here he is once again sitting on my Dads car. Doesn't have muddy paws to walk on his car - oh no. My car - hell yeah. Mud it all up.

Sorry it's a bit of a short post today. The idea I wanted to talk about got answered quickly and I didn't have as much as usual but it's okay. Happy to still post something and maybe teach someone something new! Blog you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment